Realism or Being Realistic, why does it offend people?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 10:54 AM
RE: Realism or Being Realistic, why does it offend people?
(04-02-2016 10:52 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 10:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  "Dissociate from the biological imperative", eh?

I don't think imperative means what you think it means.

Biological imperatives are exactly what I think they are. Social grouping is a biological imperative.

As in, something one cannot choose to dissociate from.

You know, by definition?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 10:56 AM
(04-02-2016 10:54 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 10:52 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Biological imperatives are exactly what I think they are. Social grouping is a biological imperative.

As in, something one cannot choose to dissociate from.

You know, by definition?

One can disassociate from social grouping. Social grouping is defined as a biological imperative. I don't create the terminology.
04-02-2016, 11:53 AM
(04-02-2016 03:26 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  For example: A poster posted about a friend who couldn't get anyone to date him. They claimed he was nice looking, well spoken, had interesting hobbies and reasonable intelligence but that they were in their early 40's and couldn't get past a few dates. Ever. They didn't understand how that could be.

I stated: "Maybe he's just an ass or boring or self involved. Maybe there's nothing wrong with him at all but that he just doesn't communicate well. IDK.

There's not a person for everyone. That's a myth. Just because he may be a good friend does not make him good partner material. My ex-husband is a great friend but as a husband, not so much.

That's just the way it is sometimes. He needs to learn to like living on his own and enjoy life as it is. Maybe he will meet someone that will work for him late in life. That happens sometimes.

Be happy today, tomorrow might not come anyway."

Wally Pleasant can explain it to him. Smile

Well, I know a guy and he's always complainin'
'cause he doesn't have a girlfriend.
So I decided I should explain to him
Why I think he has this problem
"The reason you're alone has nothing to with anything specific
in fact, I think it's more scientific.
The characteristics you portray
make women want to run away.
And though I can offer you no solution
I think it's got something to do with evolution."

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
04-02-2016, 12:17 PM
(04-02-2016 11:53 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 03:26 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  For example: A poster posted about a friend who couldn't get anyone to date him. They claimed he was nice looking, well spoken, had interesting hobbies and reasonable intelligence but that they were in their early 40's and couldn't get past a few dates. Ever. They didn't understand how that could be.

I stated: "Maybe he's just an ass or boring or self involved. Maybe there's nothing wrong with him at all but that he just doesn't communicate well. IDK.

There's not a person for everyone. That's a myth. Just because he may be a good friend does not make him good partner material. My ex-husband is a great friend but as a husband, not so much.

That's just the way it is sometimes. He needs to learn to like living on his own and enjoy life as it is. Maybe he will meet someone that will work for him late in life. That happens sometimes.

Be happy today, tomorrow might not come anyway."

Wally Pleasant can explain it to him. Smile

Well, I know a guy and he's always complainin'
'cause he doesn't have a girlfriend.
So I decided I should explain to him
Why I think he has this problem
"The reason you're alone has nothing to with anything specific
in fact, I think it's more scientific.
The characteristics you portray
make women want to run away.
And though I can offer you no solution
I think it's got something to do with evolution."

They would shit the fo if I posted this.... going to think about it though. Big Grin

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
05-02-2016, 02:54 AM
I see nothing harsh in words that you said. Also it's not like you stated that guy is an ass so I don't get all the fuss about it.

As for the rest I do not like sugar coating; when I ask I want to hear genuine answer, I'm not expecting pat on the back as it serves no purpose.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post