Reality vs The bible world

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Reality vs The bible world
Which do you prefer? The world we live in - where big bang and the evolution take place or the one the bible paints?

I prefer the one we live in. Its much more inspiring.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2012, 06:18 PM
RE: Reality vs The bible world
(21-02-2012 05:11 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Which do you prefer? The world we live in - where big bang and the evolution take place or the one the bible paints?

I would most certainly agree with you. I can't imagine a life without wondering and learning how the cosmos work.

Well, actually, I can. Ten or more years ago, when I was still a believer, I spent virtually all of my time in front of the boob tube watching mindless crap or playing video games. So, I can relate to the lack of awe and wonder exhibited by the general population towards science and learning; there's no reason for either if you already know the ultimate answer: "God did it".

Ergo, since the mysteries of the inner workings of the universe are so conveniently solved, might as well watch Jersey Shore. Right? Smile

"Fanatic ethnic or religious or national identifications are a little difficult to support when we see our planet as a fragile blue crescent fading to become an inconspicuous point of light against the bastion and citadel of the stars." - Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes impr0vise's post
22-02-2012, 09:35 AM
(21-02-2012 05:11 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Which do you prefer? The world we live in - where big bang and the evolution take place or the one the bible paints?

Yes I do like this one that is based in reality more(despite some of its pitfalls) trying to find find out the riddles of universe makes it interesting, the other,"god dun it" not so interesting our minds would never get curious about things.And who wants a world where you are ruledover by an all powerful deity ,who forces you to worship him ,and who makes all the fun stuff forbiden.

Give a man a fish ,you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish ,you feed him for a life time,give a man religion,he will die praying for a fish
22-02-2012, 09:59 AM

I confess that I don't really understand the question...
Surely, it's the same world.
Separated only by 2000 years of knowledge and wisdom.

Cheers
DLJ
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-02-2012, 08:40 PM

I used to enjoy daydreaming about what heaven would be like. Angel Undecided

If God really did give superpowers to his faithful to reposition mountains and stop waves and call down lightning with words, I have to admit that'd be pretty sick. But as I found out when I was 6 and tried to make ocean waves stop by telling them to and believing REALLY hard...he doesn't.

It is much less stressful to live in a world where my only chance of escaping eternal torment isn't trying to decipher cryptic messages from the almighty, blundering around in constant fear and guilt. (But then, that's the real world to a person trying to apply the fake world in practice and failing hopelessly.)
23-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I prefer my own reality. It is far superior to either of those options.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
23-02-2012, 07:25 PM
(23-02-2012 07:08 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I prefer my own reality. It is far superior to either of those options.

No, my reality is superior! You must accept my reality in spite of your reality and on my word or, according to my reality, you will suffer pain for the rest of the period of time for which you can suffer pain!
[+] 3 users Like rook2004's post
23-02-2012, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 06:33 PM by Thomas.)
If you would just accept the absurd life would be so much better. Tongue

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
23-02-2012, 08:17 PM
(23-02-2012 08:07 PM)Thomas Wrote:  If you would just accept the absurd like would be so much better. Tongue

*Accepts the absurd*
*Clicks like*
*Disappointed. It wasn't much better.*
[+] 1 user Likes rook2004's post
24-02-2012, 04:46 PM
(23-02-2012 08:17 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(23-02-2012 08:07 PM)Thomas Wrote:  If you would just accept the absurd like would be so much better. Tongue

*Accepts the absurd*
*Clicks like*
*Disappointed. It wasn't much better.*

Agree, not nearly absurd enough.
I want my reality to have 20 foot long purple and green parachuting lobsters to drop on and eat those I don’t like.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Bible is a metaphor? dlle 61 5,028 03-08-2012 02:37 PM
Last Post: Vosur
  Add Your Detrimental Bible Verse PeacefulSkeptic 6 811 22-07-2012 03:47 AM
Last Post: PeacefulSkeptic
  Archaeological evidence for the bible Observer 9 1,109 04-08-2011 01:02 PM
Last Post: TheBeardedDude