Really? Honestly they're only kids.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Really? Honestly they're only kids.
http://celinarecord.com/articles/2012/06...ws/856.txt

Ok, homophobia is one thing, but telling children that what they are is so horrifying that they cannot be scouts? How are we supposed to tell someone that it gets better if these kinds of things happen at such an early age? It gets better after you endure 18 years of torture and even then you will still have to deal with morons?

This is not okay, NOT OKAY.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2012, 12:25 PM
RE: Really? Honestly they're only kids.
Meh, they can keep their wee shitty cult.

[Image: opforum1.png]
19-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I don't know, your expectations are awful high... Scouting is a Theist based organization, they can do whatever the hell they want cause ... according to some... this is a "Theist based nation", dood.

I just threw that last word in for street cred. Thumbsup
Consider
Question is young Xino... what are YOU going to do about it? What are your thoughts to resolve this ongoing situation?
How do we go about correcting this within the Scouting organization?
What do we tell the parents of children who take part in Scouting, who may be part of the problem as you see it?

You brought it to the table and it's going to be "your world" soon; what are your thoughts? Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
19-06-2012, 12:46 PM
(19-06-2012 12:40 PM)kim Wrote:  I don't know, your expectations are awful high... Scouting is a Theist based organization, they can do whatever the hell they want cause ... according to some... this is a "Theist based nation", dood.

I just threw that last word in for street cred. Thumbsup
Consider
Question is young Xino... what are YOU going to do about it? What are your thoughts to resolve this ongoing situation?
How do we go about correcting this within the Scouting organization?
What do we tell the parents of children who take part in Scouting, who may be part of the problem as you see it?

You brought it to the table and it's going to be "your world" soon; what are your thoughts? Smile

Well, there is a scouting group around my area ( I live in Stratford Ontario) so I could ask them about their policy regarding homosexuality AND I volounteer with one of the local news networks so I could do one of two things (if the proposals went through).

-if they are open to homosexuals I could do a story on acceptance inthis group.

-If the are anti-homosexual then I could do some kind of rip on the group.

As for my world well being Bi myself, I'll try to find solutions as the problems present themselves.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
19-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Oh right, you live in Canaaaadia land. Blink
Sounds like you have great local opportunities to dig in and see just how "open" the community around you really is. If you did the "rogue reporter at large" kind of thing, and put together a well balanced article outline, I'm sure any proposal to your network would fly. Smile

It would need to be very balanced, of course. Presenting all sides is essential to exposing subtle hypocrisy. And hypocrisy is what it is, plain and simple. Scouting purports to promote virtue of sound mind and body, all the while perpetuating a stilted, narrow, and conformist world view. How must they reconcile this?

Good on you though, for realizing that this may not be the case with all Scouting groups. Thumbsup
There are many Scouting groups that put their own local spin on their operation. Still, if local groups are obliged to follow corporate mandates, there could be some kind of secret or "passive bullying" going on. You never know, until you find out.

Good post. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
19-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Hmmm. Bit of word dancing going on in that article. Can't see how, if sexuality is of no importance to them, they can justify excluding people on that basis.
20-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Sounds like a good excuse to burn shit down to me.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
24-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Rainbow RE: Really? Honestly they're only kids.
Its funny, the Boy Scouts of America used to prohibit their Leaders from even discussing sex and sexuality. They saw it as a matter for parents to work out, and they stated explicitly in their own manuals that Leaders do not have the appropriate training to deal with such issues.

Then the Mormons and Uniting Church got involved. These particular churches used their influence at the higher levels of the organisation in the 70’s to push a stringent enforcement of the organisations existing (if outdated) laws regrading homosexuals placing them in the same bag of the already excluded atheist and agnostics. It resulted in a bunch of high profile and well regarded scouts getting bumped out.

Now it’s important to remember that the BSA is independent of any churches and is a private organisation, so it can exclude who its wants, even if it is fucking mean spirited. The major problem most tax paying Americans would (and should) have is that the BSA get huge amounts of government coddling, such as access to schools, army bases and town halls for meetings and events for free (or ridiculous rent like $1 a year). For me this would count as financial support, and hence violate the separation of church and state, but that’s just me.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
[+] 2 users Like Dunhill808's post
24-06-2012, 06:25 AM
That's better than the local Salvation Army branch here in Australia, whose media relations guy refused at least three times this week to say that the Salvo handbook calling for all gays to be killed is mistaken:

http://www.truthwinsout.org/news/2012/06/26448/

The guy had days to think about this. The interview was prompted by his having posted the Salvos' official position on homosexuality a few days earlier: http://www.salvationarmy.org.au/about-th...ality.html

Now the official clarification is "This is a misunderstanding of the text referred to. The Scripture in question, viewed in its broader context, is not referring to physical death, nor is it specifically targeted at homosexual behaviour. The author is arguing that no human being is without sin, all sin leads to spiritual death (separation from God), and all people therefore need a Saviour.".
http://salvos.org.au/about-us/media-cent...AL_000.pdf

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.