Really Stupid Shit You've Seen in R/L

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2016, 06:04 PM
RE: Really Stupid Shit You've Seen in R/L
I once saw, in person, Kent Hovind throwing stuffed dinosaurs into an audience to make a pseudoscientific point on gravity.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2016, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 06:26 PM by Gawdzilla.)
(05-09-2016 03:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 01:55 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  No, it's way to earn an NJP.

Laugh out load Damaging government property.

Rendering himself unfit to perform his duties. He could have gotten a court martial if he'd actually shot his foot, but the CO said it would have only been worth NJP. I suggested we would have to dock his pay for the shell and report him to PETA for killing the bug. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
05-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Chatting with the neighbor and the father in law at his house, we watched some young guys pull up to the intersection waiting to make a left. One was towing the other with a decent length of heavy rope. The tow guys sees a break in the traffic big enough for him, and drags his buddy into a head-on collision ! It was a surreal WTF moment for sure.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
05-09-2016, 07:17 PM
One Christmas morning I woke up to this loud noise and ran to the window - there was Santa in all his glory staring at my tenant's car - an antique parked in front of the house - it was totaled.

My tenant did not like his gift from Santa...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-09-2016, 07:19 PM
The field assistants I have known.

One ate the "spicy blueberries". Happily they turned out to be nontoxic but he didn't know that for the 45 minute ride back to town.

Another had half the life skills of boiled lettuce. "Why are there ants all over my legs?" I didn't even bother answering. Figured it was a teachable moment.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
05-09-2016, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 08:30 AM by Fireball.)
(05-09-2016 06:12 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 03:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Laugh out load Damaging government property.

Rendering himself unfit to perform his duties. He could have gotten a court martial if he'd actually shot his foot, but the CO said it would have only been worth NJP. I suggested we would have to dock his pay for the shell and report him to PETA for killing the bug. Dodgy

Well, shit. I've had 3 Captain's Masts. I'm still standing. Never shot myself in the foot, except figuratively speaking. No "Good Conduct" ribbon for the Fireball. Laugh out load
08-09-2016, 01:57 AM
(05-09-2016 06:02 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Here's one from my wife. My sons all strongly resemble each other (Imagine that). One was 5, one was 3 and the last was 1, in the stroller. Gal asks her, "Are they triplets?". My wife says, "Yes, they're just different ages." Gal says, "Oh, OK." Huh

My second son works for a gal who has triplets. People see them and ask if they are triplets. Yes. Then they (more than one person has done this) ask, "How old is this one?"...and then, "How old is this one?...and yet again, "How old is this one?". Ya can't make this stuff up!
I have two brothers. My brothers are twins. I am two years older than they are but when we were kids, the question if we were triplets came up a lot. (though we were about the same height so maybe that was the reason)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
08-09-2016, 02:34 AM
(05-09-2016 04:52 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 04:51 PM)Leela Wrote:  Me and my co-worker:
Her: Well I eat soy and soy products for my proteins because I don't eat meat.
Me: Ah yes, I used to make those nugget things because I am so bad at preparing tofu.
Her: Tofu is not soy though.
Me: Well Tofu is made from soy.
Her: No no, because coworker x, he never eats tofu but he eats soy.
Me: What do you think Tofu is made of?
Her: Well Tofu is just Tofu
----
I swear I wanted to ask her if cheese is just cheese too o.O
Also I am unsure how the fact that coworker x eats soy products in general but just not Tofu is a confirmation that Tofu is not made from soy.

Ask her if she can find you a tofu tree on Amazon.

Well, not sure about tofu but it seems sphaghetti grows on trees!

This was a BBC April 1st spoof many, many years ago.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
08-09-2016, 03:05 AM
(05-09-2016 04:51 PM)Leela Wrote:  Me and my co-worker:
Her: Well I eat soy and soy products for my proteins because I don't eat meat.
Me: Ah yes, I used to make those nugget things because I am so bad at preparing tofu.
Her: Tofu is not soy though.
Me: Well Tofu is made from soy.
Her: No no, because coworker x, he never eats tofu but he eats soy.
Me: What do you think Tofu is made of?
Her: Well Tofu is just Tofu
----
I swear I wanted to ask her if cheese is just cheese too o.O
Also I am unsure how the fact that coworker x eats soy products in general but just not Tofu is a confirmation that Tofu is not made from soy.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
08-09-2016, 03:52 AM
(05-09-2016 07:28 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 06:12 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Rendering himself unfit to perform his duties. He could have gotten a court martial if he'd actually shot his foot, but the CO said it would have only been worth NJP. I suggested we would have to dock his pay for the shell and report him to PETA for killing the bug. Dodgy

Well, shit. I've had 3 Captain's Masts. I'm still standing. Never shot myself in the foot, except figuratively speaking. No "Good Conduct" ribbon for the Fireball. Laugh out load

I had one Mast, and I deserved it.

Oh, and we didn't let the moron shoot himself in the foot. The troop closest to him swatted it with a Mattel gun. Swung it like a 9 iron.