Really Stupid Shit You've Seen in R/L

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 12:25 AM
RE: Really Stupid Shit You've Seen in R/L
(08-09-2016 06:05 PM)Leela Wrote:  Not sure if this counts but there is this guy on the bus in the morning and he has his spot where he always stands. That spot is right in front of the middle doors where, under normal circumstances, 6 people could stand. But he takes up all that space alone because he decides to stand without holding on to anything or leaning. He gives people a cold look if they need to get off the bus or move past him. He doesn't move whatsoever.

So...why doesn't anybody kneecap him? He's allowed to just continue doing this, day after day?

I guess it's the Texan in me, but I can't see how allowing that to continue is more civilized than knocking him on his ass and teaching him that his behavior is wrong...take out a knee and he'll pretty much have to sit down, so it will work itself out, really... Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2016, 05:14 PM
(10-09-2016 12:25 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  So...why doesn't anybody kneecap him? He's allowed to just continue doing this, day after day?
Sadly, it is neither socially acceptable nor legal to do that. I have often wondered if one day it would be socially acceptable to slap stupid people. The day hasn't arrived yet, sadly.

===============

I have a new one, a fresh one, from today, it's still warm Big Grin

So I was working (yes on a sunday) and I have some kind of support job so to say. So a user of that website wrote in via a form.
So the email that I would receive as a ticket would have questions and the answers.
Well he chose to put "I don't know" on every single question. And where you can free form he just said that he has a problem but did not explain what the problem was at all.
The joys of supporting people...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
11-09-2016, 05:44 PM
(05-09-2016 04:52 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 04:51 PM)Leela Wrote:  Me and my co-worker:
Her: Well I eat soy and soy products for my proteins because I don't eat meat.
Me: Ah yes, I used to make those nugget things because I am so bad at preparing tofu.
Her: Tofu is not soy though.
Me: Well Tofu is made from soy.
Her: No no, because coworker x, he never eats tofu but he eats soy.
Me: What do you think Tofu is made of?
Her: Well Tofu is just Tofu
----
I swear I wanted to ask her if cheese is just cheese too o.O
Also I am unsure how the fact that coworker x eats soy products in general but just not Tofu is a confirmation that Tofu is not made from soy.

Ask her if she can find you a tofu tree on Amazon.
Like when people try to talk about 'natural vitamin pills.' I ask them to show me what plant they were picked off of if they are natural.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
11-09-2016, 05:47 PM
(08-09-2016 02:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They threatened me with Captain's mast (NJP) -- for a failed urine test (THC).

I beat the rap...

Smile

At that time a pee test wasn't admissible in a court-marshal -- and because I was at a land station - and I had reason to believe I wouldn't get a fair NJP (they told me ahead of time what my penalty would be....) I was allowed to demand court-marshal...

The command started to process it -- and got really pissed when told by district that they didn't have any admissible evidence......

Good thing I left that command shortly thereafter....

They were pissed.....
How long did you study for that urine test?
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
11-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Quote:Sadly, it is neither socially acceptable nor legal to do that. I have often wondered if one day it would be socially acceptable to slap stupid people. The day hasn't arrived yet, sadly.

See, in a civilized state like Texas, Leela, it's against the law NOT to kneecap a guy acting like that. Ah, the yellow rose....Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
11-09-2016, 08:22 PM
[Image: stupid.jpg]

No

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
11-09-2016, 08:57 PM
(11-09-2016 08:22 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
[Image: stupid.jpg]

No

Dodgy I've had to physically restrain people from pointing guns in the wrong direction on gun ranges, as a range officer. If I tell them, and they don't seem to be able to comply after the first "nice" request, they are off the range, no ifs, ands, or buts. I've seen a guy have a misfire and turn the gun (a pistol) around and look into the barrel. No shit! In that case, I was just on the firing line. The second(!) time the guy did it, he got kicked off and was never allowed back on that range.

In the case pictured, a little polite, "Hey, don't you think that pistol ought to be pointed somewhere else?", is usually sufficient. Also, I don't see that any of them have proper eye and ear protection. I wonder what the provenance of that picture is?

On a side note, where did that gal in the middle get such a huge belt buckle?! That's damned near as big as my size 12 triple E shoe!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
11-09-2016, 10:21 PM
Quote:On a side note, where did that gal in the middle get such a huge belt buckle?! That's damned near as big as my size 12 triple E shoe!
I'm going with Texas on that one. Smile
It looks like a dry fire party on somebody's patio, not that it excuses practicing bad habits.
12-09-2016, 01:12 AM
I'd agree, that looks like a basic function course, no ammo allowed. Only an idiot lets new shooters develop the habit of waiving their guns around like flyswatters, but it's not my classroom.

That buckle isn't particularly large at all...buckles are the standard trophy for rodeo events, and girls love those dinner plate sized buckles they win at roping or barrel riding...I've never understood why, and I grew up rodeo'ing.

[Image: 2w7pvkj.jpg]

[Image: dmfs0g.jpg]

[Image: 2qdadtz.jpg]

I never really complained about it though.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
12-09-2016, 06:26 AM
I once heard a girl in a bar comment about a guy's big belt buckle ----

"Naw -- it's not a rodeo trophy buckle --- it's a tombstone for a dead pecker"....

{snort}

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post