Really Stupid Shit You've Seen in R/L

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2016, 06:26 AM
RE: Really Stupid Shit You've Seen in R/L
(12-09-2016 01:12 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  I'd agree, that looks like a basic function course, no ammo allowed. Only an idiot lets new shooters develop the habit of waiving their guns around like flyswatters, but it's not my classroom.

That buckle isn't particularly large at all...buckles are the standard trophy for rodeo events, and girls love those dinner plate sized buckles they win at roping or barrel riding...I've never understood why, and I grew up rodeo'ing.

[Image: 2w7pvkj.jpg]

[Image: dmfs0g.jpg]

[Image: 2qdadtz.jpg]

I never really complained about it though.

Looks rather impractical to me...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2016, 10:36 AM
(12-09-2016 01:12 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  I'd agree, that looks like a basic function course, no ammo allowed. Only an idiot lets new shooters develop the habit of waiving their guns around like flyswatters, but it's not my classroom.

That buckle isn't particularly large at all...buckles are the standard trophy for rodeo events, and girls love those dinner plate sized buckles they win at roping or barrel riding...I've never understood why, and I grew up rodeo'ing.

[Image: 2w7pvkj.jpg]

[Image: dmfs0g.jpg]

[Image: 2qdadtz.jpg]

I never really complained about it though.

No complaints from me, either. Smile
12-09-2016, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 12:06 PM by The Dark One.)
Quote:Looks rather impractical to me...

Leela, you've obviously never been to Texas.

"Impractical" is a high compliment to Texans. The flashier, the more outlandish, the more over-the-top...the better.

The most sought-after hypercar in the state of Texas, according to Car and Driver polls?

The Pagani Zonda R.

[Image: 28us7zk.jpg]

Understand? I own a Lambo Countach. I must have a Zonda R. It's a cultural imperative. Big Grin

Something the rest of the world has never figured out is that Texans don't take themselves seriously- our favorite pastime is laughing at ourselves. That's why we provide so much raw material. Somewhere along the line the idea came about that Texans are easily offended and ridiculous, but only half of that is true.

As long as you don't mess with our women. Mama included. Cool
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post
12-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Quote:='onlinebiker' pid='1059146' dateline='1473683198']
I once heard a girl in a bar comment about a guy's big belt buckle ----

"Naw -- it's not a rodeo trophy buckle --- it's a tombstone for a dead pecker"....

Yeah, there are a million of 'em. The funny thing though, is that women love the big buckles- and wear 'em- but the only guys that wear the huge ones are the tiny little ropy bull riders. I grew up roping, riding bulls, and saddle and bareback bronc riding, and I don't believe I ever hooked one of those trophy buckles to a belt, although a couple have been handed to me for photo ops here and there. The majority of guys don't wear them...unless they happen to be a 5 foot tall bullrider who weighs a buck thirty. Then the buckles are mandatory. Go figure.
12-09-2016, 01:23 PM
(11-09-2016 08:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  In the case pictured, a little polite, "Hey, don't you think that pistol ought to be pointed somewhere else?", is usually sufficient.

The biggie for me is that the two ladies in the background are both fingering triggers, and neither is even looking where they're pointing, much less actually aiming.
12-09-2016, 01:37 PM
(12-09-2016 01:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 08:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  In the case pictured, a little polite, "Hey, don't you think that pistol ought to be pointed somewhere else?", is usually sufficient.

The biggie for me is that the two ladies in the background are both fingering triggers, and neither is even looking where they're pointing, much less actually aiming.

IKR? Treating them like toys is going to cost somebody, downstream. I've had to explain the folly of shooting cross range to some people before. They were about 6 stations to our left, and shooting gongs that were to our right about 3 stations. I told them that they should be shooting from that station on our right, but was told that they didn't want the noise so close to us. Never mind that we were getting a large amount of noise, being in front of, if only at an angle, of the muzzles. Dodgy
12-09-2016, 02:14 PM
I don't really get the "girls with guns" thing being sexy......

You want to look sexy???

Take some clothes off, dammit!!!

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-09-2016, 02:19 PM
(12-09-2016 02:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't really get the "girls with guns" thing being sexy......

You want to look sexy???

Take some clothes off, dammit!!!

Big Grin

Hmm, I have to disagree...not with the unclothing, that is a given...but when I was teaching concealed handgun classes, a gorgeous woman wearing shooting glasses and ear protection aiming a 1911 downrange was...distracting. No idea why. But it was- for every guy and some of the women in every class. Weird, I guess, but interesting.
12-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Must just be me......

To me a woman holding a gun is about as sexy as a woman holding a hacksaw.....

Both are just holding a tool.... Nothing more......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-09-2016, 02:34 PM
(12-09-2016 02:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Must just be me......

To me a woman holding a gun is about as sexy as a woman holding a hacksaw.....

Both are just holding a tool.... Nothing more......

Don't get me started on a hot girl with a hacksaw! Good god man, are you trying to give me a myocardial infarction!?