Really happy to find one of these

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 07:30 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
Really happy to find one of these
This is a mint one-cent note with the capitalized Chinese number "1953" on it. That should be older than my parents. But later I found that in the 1980s, there once was a time when the country was in shortage of aluminium which was used to produce 1 cent coins, so they printed this kind of one-cent note in huge numbers, which therefore is not of much collection value and explains why a "1953" note is still so mint today.

I don't know what I can buy with this note. 1.8 grams of an egg? 1.11 grams of plain vegetables? 1.4 grams of canned Coke Cola?

And I have no idea why I could found this in my drawer. But I am still quite happy. There's still great possibility that it is older than me.

[Image: p.aspx?u=v20_p13_photo_1305282123287638_0.jpg]

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
28-05-2013, 08:16 AM
RE: Really happy to find one of these
one cent in paper... that's weird... you people are weird Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
28-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I have an old 1 cash coin from the reign of the Daoguang emperor (1820-1850). It is currently the oldest thing I own. I found it on the back shelf of a flea market in small town Ontario.

No, I'm not quite sure how it got there either.
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
01-06-2013, 01:57 AM
(28-05-2013 08:16 AM)nach_in Wrote:  one cent in paper... that's weird... you people are weird Tongue

Paper that I bet costs more than a cent! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-06-2013, 03:18 AM
(01-06-2013 01:57 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 08:16 AM)nach_in Wrote:  one cent in paper... that's weird... you people are weird Tongue

Paper that I bet costs more than a cent! Big Grin

So does a U.S. penny Dodgy

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/pennycost.asp

01-06-2013, 04:11 AM
(01-06-2013 03:18 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 01:57 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Paper that I bet costs more than a cent! Big Grin

So does a U.S. penny Dodgy

Do you really expect the US to make rational decisions? Like not making money which is more expensive than itself to produce?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-06-2013, 04:17 AM
(01-06-2013 04:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 03:18 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  So does a U.S. penny Dodgy

Do you really expect the US to make rational decisions? Like not making money which is more expensive than itself to produce?

Same goes for nickles, so if you would suggest dropping the penny and rounding to the nearest cent, forget it.

01-06-2013, 04:35 AM
Just replace them with more cost efficient variants.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-06-2013, 06:13 AM
(01-06-2013 04:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Just replace them with more cost efficient variants.

Plastic notes?

Want something? Then do something.
01-06-2013, 10:53 AM
(01-06-2013 06:13 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 04:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Just replace them with more cost efficient variants.

Plastic notes?

Or cheaper to produce coins, given the equivalent value.