Really tired of people who claim America is being destroyed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: Really tired of people who claim America is being destroyed.
(29-06-2015 05:47 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 04:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My brother spent a decade in Tokyo as Chief Actuary for Metlife Asia Pacific. He said they're not so much racist as classist. He encountered no problems since he was in charge of all of the Japanese actuaries but American tourists or any foreigner not of my brother's stature were laughed at and disregarded regardless of race. Not only that, Tokyo is fucking expensive. My brother's tiny 2 bedroom apartment was $12000 USD/month. Hobo

I lived in Japan for a few years, back in the 70's. Learned the language. I enjoyed the culture. Didn't see any racism. I was treated with respect.

Is this racism something new on the landscape? Where did it come from?

My brother didn't see them as racists, he saw them as classists. Not everyone was treated with the same respect as he was. Since he was their boss and shit.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 08:16 PM
(29-06-2015 12:47 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  They aren't as racist. Every country has racist.

"As" racist?

What is the basis of this comparison? Show us your metrics.
29-06-2015, 08:21 PM
(29-06-2015 06:25 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 06:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Based on what I've read, racism (and xenophobia) aren't new things to Japan, and continue to be something of an issue, albeit one on decline.
It's not often out-right harassment or discrimination (though reports abound of 'no foreigners' establishments) as a constant feeling of mistrust of anybody not Japanese.

But that's just what the hearsay has to say on it. I've never been meself.

Hearsay, as compared to first-hand experience ... Consider

My black brother-in-law -- and yes, this too is hearsay -- would confirm this. He was stationed there for four years and definitely felt less-than in the eyes of the Japanese.

I've never been there ... but I've never had reason to doubt Al's word. And additionally, I've done enough reading about their treatment of Koreans to think that MZ's faith is misplaced.

I hope he's happy there, I honestly do, but to be perfectly honest, Zeke strikes me as the sort of guy who clings to his hurts, nurturing them for reasons I don't honestly fathom.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
29-06-2015, 08:31 PM
(29-06-2015 08:21 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 06:25 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Hearsay, as compared to first-hand experience ... Consider

My black brother-in-law -- and yes, this too is hearsay -- would confirm this. He was stationed there for four years and definitely felt less-than in the eyes of the Japanese.

I've never been there ... but I've never had reason to doubt Al's word. And additionally, I've done enough reading about their treatment of Koreans to think that MZ's faith is misplaced.

I hope he's happy there, I honestly do, but to be perfectly honest, Zeke strikes me as the sort of guy who clings to his hurts, nurturing them for reasons I don't honestly fathom.

The Japanese have their own aboriginals who do the menial labour. These people are called the Ainu. Japan is most certainly racist.

Go here for more information.

It is similar to the caste system of India in many ways.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
29-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Poor little Zeke. I told him he should have gone to South Korea instead.
29-06-2015, 09:06 PM
(29-06-2015 08:16 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 12:47 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  They aren't as racist. Every country has racist.

"As" racist?

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Th...-0019.html

I know japan ain't a land of sunshine(despite it being called 日本). The way girly described it is accurate, more cass and fitting in. A black man that speaks japanese is more likely to be accepted vs a japanese person who doesn't. I know about ainu too. Plus I did not pick korea because of the creationist that live there(which is why i wanted to move to japan in the first place)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-06-2015, 09:20 PM
(29-06-2015 09:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 08:16 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  "As" racist?

I know japan ain't a land of sunshine(despite it being called 日本). The way girly described it is accurate, more cass and fitting in. A black man that speaks japanese is more likely to be accepted vs a japanese person who doesn't. I know about ainu too. Plus I did not pick korea because of the creationist that live there(which is why i wanted to move to japan in the first place)

You gonna be the ramen girl?

#sigh
29-06-2015, 09:25 PM
(29-06-2015 09:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 09:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Th...-0019.html

You gonna be the ramen girl?

Nah man, end up poisoning people i can't cook.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
29-06-2015, 09:46 PM
(29-06-2015 09:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 08:16 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  "As" racist?

So what I saw on that link was a bunch of unsupported points.

I asked you for metrics -- i.e., numerical data. If you don't have that, it's cool. But all you've done here is support your opinion by putting up another opinion, when I clearly asked for facts.

You either have them, or you don't. Quit pussyfooting.
29-06-2015, 10:21 PM
[Image: america-will-never-be-destroyed-from-the...-quote.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.