Really tired of people who claim America is being destroyed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2015, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 10:24 PM by The Drake.)
RE: Really tired of people who claim America is being destroyed.
That's why I eat Ramen (praise be to the broth).

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2015, 10:21 PM
(29-06-2015 09:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 09:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You gonna be the ramen girl?

Nah man, end up poisoning people i can't cook.

OOPS ! That's why I eat Ramen (praise be to the broth).

04-07-2015, 03:49 AM
(27-06-2015 11:01 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  But it seems most of us Newfies like what the Yanks got goin on.

Well, sure. You live on a barren, windswept hunk of rock in the North Atlantic. Even New Jersey would look good. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-07-2015, 10:45 AM
(29-06-2015 09:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Th...-0019.html
A black man that speaks japanese is more likely to be accepted vs a japanese person who doesn't. I know about ainu too. Plus I did not pick korea because of the creationist that live there(which is why i wanted to move to japan in the first place)
May be something to that. A friend of mine recently visited Japan for a while to see his girlfriend there. He's black and (I guess) speaks pretty good Japanese. His girlfriend's sister knows she has an American boyfriend. From what he said he got a few looks from the elderly, but to be honest this guy is a tall skinny guy who can get loud at times.

From what I gather from Theodore and from an Air Force buddy years ago, in larger cities it's not as big of a deal, but in smaller areas they cling to xenophobia. But again haven't been that far east myself.
04-07-2015, 06:14 PM
(04-07-2015 03:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 11:01 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  But it seems most of us Newfies like what the Yanks got goin on.

Well, sure. You live on a barren, windswept hunk of rock in the North Atlantic. Even New Jersey would look good. Drinking Beverage

Easy Chas, they've got Haggis...and nobody can argue with Haggis. From WIKI: Haggis is a savoury pudding containing sheep's pluck: BUUUURP.

04-07-2015, 07:01 PM
(04-07-2015 10:45 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 09:06 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Th...-0019.html
A black man that speaks japanese is more likely to be accepted vs a japanese person who doesn't. I know about ainu too. Plus I did not pick korea because of the creationist that live there(which is why i wanted to move to japan in the first place)
May be something to that. A friend of mine recently visited Japan for a while to see his girlfriend there. He's black and (I guess) speaks pretty good Japanese. His girlfriend's sister knows she has an American boyfriend. From what he said he got a few looks from the elderly, but to be honest this guy is a tall skinny guy who can get loud at times.

From what I gather from Theodore and from an Air Force buddy years ago, in larger cities it's not as big of a deal, but in smaller areas they cling to xenophobia. But again haven't been that far east myself.

Which sounds like just about anywhere. Older people tend to cling to the past. It's not always the case, but mostly true. Smaller areas tend to be comprised of older residents, as the younger ones move to population centers to pursue better opportunities, and are exposed to more diversity.

07-07-2015, 12:28 PM
The corporates run the country. We have desperate people coming here legally and illegally running from whatever the problems are where they came from. That is killing wages. On top of that, they want to make this country more like the one they ran screaming from by refusing to learn English and in the case of Islam, trying to bring about sharia law. Illegals have free healthcare, and citizens are finding it very expensive and hard to get. They fled from exactly what they are trying very hard to make it. We (citizens) don't have anywhere to run. Now tell me again how the country is not being destroyed.
11-07-2015, 12:06 AM
(07-07-2015 12:28 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The corporates run the country. We have desperate people coming here legally and illegally running from whatever the problems are where they came from. That is killing wages. On top of that, they want to make this country more like the one they ran screaming from by refusing to learn English and in the case of Islam, trying to bring about sharia law. Illegals have free healthcare, and citizens are finding it very expensive and hard to get. They fled from exactly what they are trying very hard to make it. We (citizens) don't have anywhere to run. Now tell me again how the country is not being destroyed.

You're one of "those people". Corporations are doing what they've always done. Finding ways to do the same job with less people. Immigrants aren't "refusing" to learn English. When you've been speaking another language for 35 years, learning a new one is not easy. Their children speak English better than some whose ancestry goes back 100 years or more. Healthcare for illegal immigrants is just as free as it is for all of the Walmart Welfare moms. My healthcare is decent (miles better than a clinic) but affordable because "I HAVE A JOB". I am a "CITIZEN" and I don't have to run anywhere. Sharia law is NOT coming to a town near you. Nobody is taking your guns. So tell me again, how is this country being "DESTROYED" ? If anything, it's from within.

11-07-2015, 12:13 AM
(07-07-2015 12:28 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The corporates run the country. We have desperate people coming here legally and illegally running from whatever the problems are where they came from. That is killing wages. On top of that, they want to make this country more like the one they ran screaming from by refusing to learn English and in the case of Islam, trying to bring about sharia law. Illegals have free healthcare, and citizens are finding it very expensive and hard to get. They fled from exactly what they are trying very hard to make it. We (citizens) don't have anywhere to run. Now tell me again how the country is not being destroyed.

If you look through America's history, you'll find that immigrants have been the strength of this country heretofore. Fresh blood is the best thing a country can get; hungry workers who want to get out and bust their asses, to make a living, to cut new trails.

You needn't worry about Sharia, because we have this nice Constitution of ours which is regnant.

As for your claims about healthcare, I want to see valid sourcing, because I think you're full of shit saying that illegals get free healthcare.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
11-07-2015, 05:37 AM
(11-07-2015 12:13 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

If you look through America's history, you'll find that immigrants have been the strength of this country heretofore. Fresh blood is the best thing a country can get; hungry workers who want to get out and bust their asses, to make a living, to cut new trails.

You needn't worry about Sharia, because we have this nice Constitution of ours which is regnant.

As for your claims about healthcare, I want to see valid sourcing, because I think you're full of shit saying that illegals get free healthcare.

It is true that immigrants used to make the country stronger. It is sadly not the case anymore. Each has their own group such as "African American, Mexican American, and so on". Each say they are separate from all the others and lowest of them all as far as the others are concerned, white males. They don't want equal rights, they want all the rights.