Really tired of people who claim America is being destroyed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: Really tired of people who claim America is being destroyed.
(08-06-2015 10:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 05:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, I like it here in America. I even like it here in Texas.

Someone name me a place where everything is perfect...I would like to research it...a real place...not some gawd said place.

It's not about being perfect. I'm not saying X place is perfect and Y place isn't. I'm saying X place is better than Y place.

Scandinavia, Switzerland, Australia, NZ etc.. for example.

I was just about to say that.

Also, home will always be home. You can't easily replace it because X country is objectively better. Greece is a rotten, corrupted little slut and a sorry excuse for a country. But it's home. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
09-06-2015, 01:23 AM
(09-06-2015 01:03 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 10:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not about being perfect. I'm not saying X place is perfect and Y place isn't. I'm saying X place is better than Y place.

Also, home will always be home. You can't easily replace it because X country is objectively better. Greece is a rotten, corrupted little slut and a sorry excuse for a country. But it's home. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I disagree. If there were practical better options, I'd drop Aus the very second the first opportunity came to me. It doesn't matter that it's my birthplace, it's a matter of objective examination for me, unfortunately there are no better places at the moment...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-06-2015, 01:27 AM
(09-06-2015 01:03 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 10:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's not about being perfect. I'm not saying X place is perfect and Y place isn't. I'm saying X place is better than Y place.

For some, perhaps. Poland is shitty country with way too much clergy influence and if changing place of birth waas possible then I would done it in second. Sadly I can only emigrate.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-06-2015, 01:28 AM
(09-06-2015 01:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 01:03 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I was just about to say that.

I disagree. If there were practical better options, I'd drop Aus the very second the first opportunity came to me.

You've misunderstood me. I said "home", not the place you were born in. If you don't have such an attachment to your country or if you can make any place your "home" then this doesn't apply to you Tongue

-Guybrush Threepwood-
09-06-2015, 01:35 AM
(09-06-2015 01:28 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 01:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I disagree. If there were practical better options, I'd drop Aus the very second the first opportunity came to me.

You've misunderstood me. I said "home", not the place you were born in. If you don't have such an attachment to your country or if you can make any place your "home" then this doesn't apply to you Tongue

A home is a place of residence. Be it a specific habitation or a nation as you were speaking of.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-06-2015, 01:42 AM
(09-06-2015 01:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 01:28 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  You've misunderstood me. I said "home", not the place you were born in. If you don't have such an attachment to your country or if you can make any place your "home" then this doesn't apply to you Tongue

A home is a place of residence. Be it a specific habitation or a nation as you were speaking of.

I said "home will always be home", not "a home will always be a home". Used as in the phrases "feels like home" and "home is where the heart is". I mean, English, you know? Metaphors and stuff.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 7 users Like undergroundp's post
09-06-2015, 04:25 AM
(09-06-2015 01:35 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 01:28 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  You've misunderstood me. I said "home", not the place you were born in. If you don't have such an attachment to your country or if you can make any place your "home" then this doesn't apply to you Tongue

Nah nah nah

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Having lived in SoCal for twenty years, when I got back to Texas Hill Country, I felt at home, finally.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-06-2015, 12:28 PM
I recently read a post by someone who supported prosecuting people who burn the flag. It appalled me how many people agreed. The flag is merely a symbol which is like shorthand our rights. If the symbol is worth more than the freedoms it represents, the freedoms are merely an illusion and therefore worthless.

For example: if you slit my throat, I will die. However, if you take my photo and cut it into a million pieces, it doesn't affect me one bit. You can throw my picture on the ground and stamp on it. (Like the flag, my photo is a symbol, a placeholder to represent me. Nothing more).

I believe patriotism is harmful. It's a dimension of tribalism. It's a way to denote "us vs. them".

Morality is doing what is right regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told regardless of what is right. - HL Mencken
[+] 7 users Like XenaWarriorBard's post
09-06-2015, 04:17 PM
As a veteran, I've always said that the best appreciation I can get for my service is the vigorous exercise of your rights, no matter what cause you're espousing.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post