Really tired of people who claim America is being destroyed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2015, 05:34 PM
RE: Really tired of people who claim America is being destroyed.
(08-06-2015 04:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  America sucks, deal with it.

I am an American, and I approve this message.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
09-06-2015, 07:11 PM
(08-06-2015 05:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, I like it here in America. I even like it here in Texas.

Someone name me a place where everything is perfect...I would like to research it...a real place...not some gawd said place.

Yeah but america is so so far from it. At least other countries are just far from it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-06-2015, 07:14 PM
(09-06-2015 07:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 05:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, I like it here in America. I even like it here in Texas.

Someone name me a place where everything is perfect...I would like to research it...a real place...not some gawd said place.

Yeah but america is so so far from it. At least other countries are just far from it.

Define "other countries".

I can name a bevy of "other countries" that are infinitely worse than the US.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
09-06-2015, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 07:20 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(09-06-2015 07:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 07:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah but america is so so far from it. At least other countries are just far from it.

Define "other countries".

I can name a bevy of "other countries" that are infinitely worse than the US.

Germany is one. And no i never said america was the worst, just that it sucks major ass.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-06-2015, 07:33 PM
(08-06-2015 04:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Patriotism is bunk.

Take a look from space.

Those lines that demarcate the boundaries of nations are not visible, and only exist in the minds of those who feel it really matters.

Additionally -- nobody ever chose to be born where they were -- that's just all how the cards are dealt --- so it's not like you've really got any reason to feel personal pride in the place you happened to pop out.......

All "patriotism" does, is divide.

It doesn't mean you shouldn't be glad, to live in a great country -- you should. I do. I'm quite grateful to the people who made this a good place to live.

But pride?? No, not really.....

A perfect summation. Even if I thought I could add something to this to make it better I wouldn't because i'd probably just f*ck it up anyway.

**Crickets** -- God
10-06-2015, 08:06 AM
(08-06-2015 02:50 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I'm really tired of people who claim that America is being destroyed. I'm patriotic. I proudly fly the flag. I think our country is a beacon of hope in a world that needs it. That's not arrogance...it's pride. The thing that will destroy us is hate. We've become less civil. More partisan. People need to think beyond their party and beyond politics and start thinking about each other.

It's funny how our country of birth is completely accidental yet we attach so much importance to it. To lay claim to land that we share with millions of other species is arrogant. But then we have never had a conscience about our unchecked anthropocentrism.

Archi

"I love the term magic realism. It's about expanding how you see the world. I think we live in an age where we're just hammered to think this is what the world is. Everything's saying 'That's the world.' And it's not the world. The world is a million possible things." - TG

Salman Rushdie talks to Terry Gilliam
[+] 1 user Likes ArchibaldFunkdust's post
10-06-2015, 08:54 AM
(10-06-2015 08:06 AM)ArchibaldFunkdust Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 02:50 PM)The Drake Wrote:  I'm really tired of people who claim that America is being destroyed. I'm patriotic. I proudly fly the flag. I think our country is a beacon of hope in a world that needs it. That's not arrogance...it's pride. The thing that will destroy us is hate. We've become less civil. More partisan. People need to think beyond their party and beyond politics and start thinking about each other.

It's funny how our country of birth is completely accidental yet we attach so much importance to it. To lay claim to land that we share with millions of other species is arrogant. But then we have never had a conscience about our unchecked anthropocentrism.

Archi
It's the same thing with religion.

Your likelihood of being a believer of any particular religion is largely the same accident -- of geography -- i.e. - where you are born.

While proponents of each religion will deny this -- if you're born in the USA you're more likely to be xtian or jewish, if you're born in Iran - you're more likely to be muslim.....

Religion and patriotism are both the same sort of egocentric behavior.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
10-06-2015, 09:02 AM
(09-06-2015 07:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

So, I'm sensing a little bias on your part. Is there a warrant for your arrest out here or something?
10-06-2015, 12:30 PM
(10-06-2015 09:02 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 07:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah but america is so so far from it. At least other countries are just far from it.
So, I'm sensing a little bias on your part. Is there a warrant for your arrest out here or something?

Never been aressted, i don't do much

11-06-2015, 04:43 AM

That is a nice sentiment, but really, what planet are you on? We are a two party system, which John Adams and Washington and other founders vehemently condemned. (http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2011/07/t...tem.html). Adams could think of no greater evil coming from the US Constitution than the two party system. Guess we nailed that one.

That partisanship you see is really just people drinking the cool-aid. All cool-aid is the same... religious, social, economic, etc. Liberalism, Libertarianism, and Conservatism are political/economic philosophies, not theologies. They each start from different premises so they will never agree. There is a physical reality of economics and politics out there, but these are just windows into that. If you can't argue from any of them you don't understand the issue you are looking at (there are only issues, not 'liberal issues' etc). People need to stop turning their politics into a substitute religion. Liberals can't seem to remember that everything costs. Conservatives can't seem to remember the moral philosophy at the center of their economics (see moral philosopher and 'father of economics' Adam Smith).

It is getting so old watching other atheists, who can shoot down faulty logic in the religious with ease, lose themselves in politics and fail to hold their political philosophy to the same level of skepticism and critical thinking they hold Ken Ham to. Taking up one political label as 'the ONE' is boneheaded at best. Heck, taking up ANY political philosophy as a self-identity factor is stupid.

ISIS does not scare me. Ken Ham does not scare me. People who are 'religious' in attitude about their politics... now there is the scary bunch.
[+] 5 users Like Recless123's post