Reason Rally, March 24, The Mall, Washington D.C.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Reason Rally, March 24, The Mall, Washington D.C.
Does anyone plan to attend this?

I am hoping to get down there for it.

I do have a real problem with this press release.

I quote:
"The Rally also hopes to show that atheists are not the baby-eating, lecherous heathens they are made out to be by religious leaders, ..."

We're not? Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
23-01-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: Reason Rally, March 24, The Mall, Washington D.C.
I am planning a trip to see my family in VA in March. But I don't think I want to schedule around planning to attend this, as much as I'd like to. I am visiting to see my family and my grandfather who doesn't seem to have much time left. Sad

Under other circumstances, I'd be sure to go though!
Find all posts by this user
23-01-2012, 02:18 PM
I would like to go. I cant say if i will make it due to my health. If I am upright and can walk I may go. It also depends on how far i would need to walk to and from the event. I cant make it more than 1/2 mile on flat ground. I hate to use the wheelchair. It hurts to sit in it for long periods of time.
23-01-2012, 03:03 PM
I live outside of DC and will be there for some or all of it. I can organize a meet-up when we know who else is going.
23-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Me and 2 of my sons went to Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity/Colbert's March to Keep Fear Alive on the Mall in 2010 and I won't do it again before considering the anticipated attendance. Tens of thousands might be barely tolerable, but hundreds of thousands gave Girly "Help! I'm stuffed in a sardine tin and can't move" panic attacks. That said, my guess is this rally will likely only attract a few thousand and they will probably be a lot more placid and less raucous, so I'm gonna mark it on my calendar and keep an eye on the expected crowd size.

Thanks Chas!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-01-2012, 08:23 PM
(23-01-2012 12:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  I quote:
"The Rally also hopes to show that atheists are not the baby-eating, lecherous heathens they are made out to be by religious leaders, ..."

We're not? Cool

I'm not going if they're not going to support our basic platform.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-01-2012, 11:07 PM
(23-01-2012 08:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(23-01-2012 12:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  I quote:

We're not? Cool

I'm not going if they're not going to support our basic platform.

I think it must be BYOB.

Wait for it ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm really hoping to attend! I'll be making the trip from Lakeland Florida, so it's quite the journey haha. I was told to take a train...but I was thinking car...which would be cheaper in the long run? It would have to include the 906 mile drive and I'll stay at a hotel over night for about $100. Anyone have an idea?
17-02-2012, 05:35 PM
(17-02-2012 05:24 PM)chris.stafford2193 Wrote:  I'm really hoping to attend! I'll be making the trip from Lakeland Florida, so it's quite the journey haha. I was told to take a train...but I was thinking car...which would be cheaper in the long run? It would have to include the 906 mile drive and I'll stay at a hotel over night for about $100. Anyone have an idea?

You'll need to stay out of downtown to keep it under $100 for a hotel. Check out the Metro system and find a place that's metro accessible.

I work in DC, but live in Maryland - if anyone is planning on attending and needs info on DC hit me up - and yes, definitely planning on attending Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
[+] 3 users Like Seasbury's post
17-02-2012, 05:43 PM
(17-02-2012 05:35 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 05:24 PM)chris.stafford2193 Wrote:  I'm really hoping to attend! I'll be making the trip from Lakeland Florida, so it's quite the journey haha. I was told to take a train...but I was thinking car...which would be cheaper in the long run? It would have to include the 906 mile drive and I'll stay at a hotel over night for about $100. Anyone have an idea?

You'll need to stay out of downtown to keep it under $100 for a hotel. Check out the Metro system and find a place that's metro accessible.

I work in DC, but live in Maryland - if anyone is planning on attending and needs info on DC hit me up - and yes, definitely planning on attending Smile
Thanks, man. I'll keep that in mind! Things are completely different in Florida. Especially Lakeland. Backwoods and bible-thumpers. hahaha
How many people are gonna be there, do you think? I really wanna meet Seth, but I doubt that'll happen. I just want to get a picture with him.