Reason Rally, March 24, The Mall, Washington D.C.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: Reason Rally, March 24, The Mall, Washington D.C.
I'd love to go, but I'm in high school and don't have the financial means and I doubt my parents would be willing to fund such a venture. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2012, 07:42 PM
(17-02-2012 05:43 PM)chris.stafford2193 Wrote:  Thanks, man. I'll keep that in mind! Things are completely different in Florida. Especially Lakeland. Backwoods and bible-thumpers. hahaha
How many people are gonna be there, do you think? I really wanna meet Seth, but I doubt that'll happen. I just want to get a picture with him.

I think somewhere between 20,000 and 30,000 will actually show up - fairly small by DC rally standards...weather will play a big part in it.

There's another big event being held on Fort Bragg on 31 March. Big line-up of speakers, many of whom will be at the DC Rally - little closer to home for you...

http://rockbeyondbelief.com/

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2012, 12:20 PM
(23-01-2012 12:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Does anyone plan to attend this?

I am hoping to get down there for it.

I do have a real problem with this press release.

I quote:
"The Rally also hopes to show that atheists are not the baby-eating, lecherous heathens they are made out to be by religious leaders, ..."

We're not? Cool

Hey, if any of you guys go to the Reason Rally,if you get the chance stop by my hotel that I work at.I am just 15 minutes outside of dc.(alexandria VA ). It would awesome to meet some of you .(I will be working that saturday:Sad

Give a man a fish ,you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish ,you feed him for a life time,give a man religion,he will die praying for a fish
24-02-2012, 04:12 PM
(17-02-2012 07:42 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  I think somewhere between 20,000 and 30,000 will actually show up - fairly small by DC rally standards...weather will play a big part in it.

You're tripping - there will be around a thousand attendees - they did this in 2002 and it was about a thousand - think about it - atheists don't have any money to spend on travel - the national meetings usually only get about 100 attendees - really what is there to gain by attending???

10,000 = high school basketball state championship playoffs

20,000 = NBA basketball game

70,000 = NFL football game

(22-02-2012 12:20 PM)jknightx Wrote:  Hey, if any of you guys go to the Reason Rally,if you get the chance stop by my hotel that I work at.I am just 15 minutes outside of dc.(alexandria VA ). It would awesome to meet some of you .(I will be working that saturday:Sad

oh yeah, that shouldn't be to hard to find - thanks for the info - see ya then

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
24-02-2012, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 08:35 PM by Erxomai.)
(22-02-2012 12:20 PM)jknightx Wrote:  
(23-01-2012 12:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Does anyone plan to attend this?

I am hoping to get down there for it.

I do have a real problem with this press release.

I quote:
"The Rally also hopes to show that atheists are not the baby-eating, lecherous heathens they are made out to be by religious leaders, ..."

We're not? Cool

Hey, if any of you guys go to the Reason Rally,if you get the chance stop by my hotel that I work at.I am just 15 minutes outside of dc.(alexandria VA ). It would awesome to meet some of you .(I will be working that saturday:Sad

Since it's your hotel, can you book a block of rooms for us? Big Grin
(24-02-2012 04:12 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Atheists don't have any money to spend on travel.

It's more logical to say atheists have more money than Christians because we don't tithe or send kids on expensive Missionary trips.
(17-02-2012 07:42 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  There's another big event being held on Fort Bragg on 31 March. Big line-up of speakers, many of whom will be at the DC Rally - little closer to home for you...

http://rockbeyondbelief.com/

This looks really cool.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-02-2012, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 08:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-02-2012 04:12 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  
(17-02-2012 07:42 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  I think somewhere between 20,000 and 30,000 will actually show up - fairly small by DC rally standards...weather will play a big part in it.

You're tripping - there will be around a thousand attendees - they did this in 2002 and it was about a thousand

Oh thank god. Now I'm definitely going. I was worried it was gonna be like the Colbert/Stewart rally where I found myself swept up in a 4 fucking block square mosh pit having to explain to the young lady and her boyfriend in front of me that I am on exogenous testosterone and I meant nothing by that boner. Spontaneous erections are outside of my control. ... I was lucky to survive that day.

(24-02-2012 04:12 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  - really what is there to gain by attending???

Tim fuckin' Minchin live, dude.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-02-2012, 08:24 PM
(24-02-2012 04:12 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  

You're tripping - there will be around a thousand attendees - they did this in 2002 and it was about a thousand - think about it - atheists don't have any money to spend on travel - the national meetings usually only get about 100 attendees - really what is there to gain by attending???

10,000 = high school basketball state championship playoffs

20,000 = NBA basketball game

70,000 = NFL football game

(22-02-2012 12:20 PM)jknightx Wrote:  Hey, if any of you guys go to the Reason Rally,if you get the chance stop by my hotel that I work at.I am just 15 minutes outside of dc.(alexandria VA ). It would awesome to meet some of you .(I will be working that saturday:Sad

oh yeah, that shouldn't be to hard to find - thanks for the info - see ya then

4800 leesbyrg pike or 4850 leesburg pike hampton inn or homewood suites I work at both9got an ex wife so I need 2 jobs lol)

Give a man a fish ,you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish ,you feed him for a life time,give a man religion,he will die praying for a fish
[+] 2 users Like jknightx's post
21-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Pardon if this information has already been posted, I haven't run across it yet. Is any media outlet or online outlet going to be broadcasting the event in any way? We aren't able to make it out there, but would still love to be able to catch some of it, even if it's just audio, if at all possible.
26-03-2012, 05:10 PM
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/321839

Think the call was 25k...might've been more had we had better weather...good call though Trainwreck Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
29-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah, that looks like a much better turn-out than the last time. I heard a small report on an NYC all news radio station - "thousands gathered." I did not hear any sound clips of the speakers - better luck next time.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post