Reason Rally, March 24, The Mall, Washington D.C.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: Reason Rally, March 24, The Mall, Washington D.C.
(29-03-2012 03:11 PM)TrainWreck Wrote:  Yeah, that looks like a much better turn-out than the last time. I heard a small report on an NYC all news radio station - "thousands gathered." I did not hear any sound clips of the speakers - better luck next time.
Wasn't looking for exposure, I was just looking for community. I found it. Smile

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 09:41 AM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 04:31 PM by TrainWreck.)
Yeah well, as Ellen Johnson said it at her symposium for the NYC Atheists last night; just like the 2002 GAMOW, . . . and then we went home.

Basically, she is campaigning for the political interest of atheists by championing the political apparatus that she recognizes as delivering political wins - money. She wants atheists to send money to her Internet business and she will direct it towards atheist politicians. http://enlightenthevote.com/

At least, that is what I think is going on; maybe you critical thinkers can figure it out better than me.

Not a bad tactic, just somewhat inefficient in its ability to sway legislation to reflect the atheist guidance of society, which is what the National Atheist Party should be about. And Ellen Johnson, when asked about the NAP, seemed to respond that she did not know what the NAP was about. So, I think she is in too much self-interest, because she had no practical ideas, even suggesting that when the Ground Zero Cross grievance is denied that we stage a protest by vandalizing it. I tried to suggest that atheists should attempt to have some form of memorializing that it is not a miraculous artifact, but rather a . . . (and they didn't want to hear it).

She is not the accomplished speaker I expected. She didn't have any audio-visual savvy, she used the well worn markers and dry-erase board like a high schooler. I would say that the local organization was very good, they had some comedy and got information to the congregation; but the rented meeting room was, as it had been seven years ago when I first participated in their dull meetings, still uncomfortable - but that's New York on a low budget.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
[+] 1 user Likes TrainWreck's post
30-03-2012, 11:12 PM
(30-03-2012 09:41 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  . . . and then we went home.

You're missing the part about a good time was had by all and then we went home.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.