Reason for Being.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 11:49 PM
RE: Reason for Being.
"Yabut. Why? Are you that proud of yourself? Have you no contention beyond a billboard?

Fucking hate siggys. Post a zillion times on this forum, yeah, I heard it before. Numerous times....

You know why?

You.

You justify my existence. You challenge me. You question me. You tell me, Gwyneth Paltrow is not enough. Do you not drink? Do you not eat? Do you not whack of to dark shadows that, by themselves, are not defined, Gwyneth?

And I say to you...

What do you want of me? Am I to verify you? Am I to answer the question of you? Am I not alone, to scream, in futility, to the dark and empty skies...

Why!?!?

I'll tell you why. That I love my Gwynnies, I must love you. I must know you. I must be you. I must snuggle in the flesh of your being, and look in the mirror and be not afraid, to address... Gwyneth Paltrow for all mankind.

Still.

And no, I am not satisfied. Question me with your signature, and I must tell you, asked and answered, your honor.

Question me with the rain, and I will stop and ponder. This day, I am, and like no other.

That I love my Gwynnies, I am, and do not question me in folly. For the world is wet, and cold, and all the cats are sleeping...

Inside."

This should fucking be in the poet's corner thread...Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 05:01 AM
RE: Reason for Being.
(10-04-2013 07:57 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Thanks DLJ.

I love the responses, but this isn't what is the meaning of life. It's more like what is the reason for being alive. Or have you personally found a meaning/reason to your life.

Life has no meaning beyond fight/flee/fuck. I would argue that the moral law of the universe is conservation of entropy; but I wouldn't start the argument until the three Fs are outta the way. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply