Reason your way out.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2016, 11:01 PM
Reason your way out.
I strongly believe that one can take almost any issue and by throwing yourself into it,.get to the core of the issue.

I did this with Shakespearean authorship some time ago. I read Charlton Ogburn's book about Edwaed DeVere being the real Shakespeare and found it very convincing. Years later the film Anonymous was released serting out the mpst extreme version of this story that de Vere was Queen Elizabeth's lover and son and the Earl of Southampton was their son. It was panned by critics.

I spenr a lot of time on forums.and you come across the same sort of debate you get here with some people just not wanting to diacuuss this issue and calling anyone else names. the level of abuse in this field is worse than what goes on here.

What I found is that by putting ideas oir yiu get people ripping into them so you have ro go back and look carefully at what you are saying to see where you are going wrong. Suppose, for instance that yiu. came heee and asked what the real story is behind Christianity. What bwould you get? A few jokes and gifs.

If you put a proposition, howdve, that is outlandiah, yiu get a huge amount of abuse but you also get people weighing in with reasoned positions and with a lot of research behind them so you can lookk at that and adjust your views. It also makes you do a lot of research into the subject and if yiu keep at it you will pokish off yiur ideas and come to some resolution of your problem. It may not be what others think right but if you have eeasoned it through yourself and have come to a better understanding of the issue and frred youraelf from the doubts that troubled you, then that is a good result even if you have had a bit of a rough ride.

I did this with the authorship issue. I set out a theory, in the round and it drew immediate controversy and abuse. I took points when I considered them well made and put up with the abusle because it made them take an intereat and do the research.

I eventually gave up on the forim because I couldn't get to grips witht the issue and get a resolution that I found satisying. There was something I was missing

I didn't pursuebrhis anu further but I thenoved to Scotland and took a bit of an interest in Robert Burns.and started to see similar issues in his writing and life history so I did some research on it and I came around full circle back to the Shakespeare authorship issue.

I won't go into it but I wrote a short piece on it which resulted in an invite from Marks Rylance to a conference in London a couple of years ago.

I havent pursued either of these issues but what happened, I suppose is that I got interested in Scots and Old English and realized how close they were to Appalachian English. Then We drove through Turkey and I had this odd feling of being in the USA in the 1950s. I started to read Turkish words with a Forest Gimp Twang and fiind they were intelligible as American slang. !!!!

Words like "git" for "go" and ""buyuk" for "big". In Turkey if your name is John, they call you "John bey".

The list goes on. Turkish is like Simle Enlish slang writren backwars with an overlay of some Asiatic language. Most peculiar but one theory is that Eueropean languages derived from this underlying language by a process of anagrammatization or reirdering and decinstruction of complex Turkish words.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2016, 12:32 AM
RE: Reason your way out.
You wrote a conference paper? Pray which conference? Supply the reference.

If it's as well written as your OP then it must have been one of the highlights of the conference.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-11-2016, 12:41 AM
Thread moved

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-11-2016, 06:12 AM
(10-11-2016 11:01 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  There was something I was missing

Spellcheck. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-11-2016, 02:36 PM
P-p-papa om a mow mow, papa om mow mow...

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-11-2016, 02:39 PM
.... like a bad penny.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.