Reasons for creation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2011, 11:50 AM
RE: Reasons for creation
(27-11-2011 01:24 PM)Kaos MD Wrote:  One concern I have for creationism is why did God bother making the universe and everything in it? If one is omnipotent, what is the point in creating something? The only response I have been given by christians is that he was bored or lonely. Can these feelings be attributed to an omnipotent God? It would seem to me that if one has already attained the highest position possible, that there would be nothing left to do and the being would cease to exist.

In the Bible he displays jealous, spiteful, angry, and every other human emotion. Its almost as if someone wrote about god from a human perspective. Anyways, I don't see why he can't be lonely if he can display every other emotion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2011, 12:05 PM
(27-11-2011 09:18 PM)Kaos MD Wrote:  
(27-11-2011 08:41 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Actually, god wanted to create something that even he couldn’t foresee and control. For a trillionth of a second he was tempted by the biblical version of creation but instantly rejected it as boring and predictable.

He wanted his creation to be his equal and a worthy mirror to look into, so he set the Big Bang into motion, to create a gigantic explosion, so complex that even he could not predict the outcome.

The really spooky part (for me) is the hint that it had happened before, maybe an infinite number of times, in Big Bang – Big Crunch cycles that gave his existence a meaning of birth, life, love and death that all living things need for meaning of existence.

In this sense god is as human as we are and we are reflections of each other, as the only interpretation of religion that makes any sense, at least symbolically.

That is so deeply profound that it all seems to make sense. Perhaps that is why God works in "mysterious" ways and it becomes so difficult to interpret God. Could a god be omnipotent, but not omniscient? If so, it seems like that whole scenario is plausible in a manner that is mind blowingly elegant.

I'm thinking it's Roger Penrose who last kicked around the oscillating universe hypothesis. There is still a lack of evidence beyond these speculations. Some humans perceive their lives as short, thus the "go deep" with the speculating. I'm kinda the opposite - 43 years is an eternity. I wuz really bad in my past life. Tongue

And the only "omni" with any kinda sense behind it is omnipresent. Energy is everywhere, and empty space ain't empty. Wink

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2011, 12:12 PM
To give the Son a purpose and an inheritance.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
28-11-2011, 03:56 PM
(28-11-2011 12:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  To give the Son a purpose and an inheritance.

Well as the myth goes he failed on both counts.

The son was cruelly tortured to death and all he inherited was largely a depraved lunatic asylum.
28-11-2011, 05:02 PM
(28-11-2011 03:56 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(28-11-2011 12:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  To give the Son a purpose and an inheritance.

The son was cruelly tortured to death and all he inherited was largely a depraved lunatic asylum.

/sigh

No offense, but this is part of the reason why Christians get so awry around anti-theists. I get it. I understand what you're saying, but it seems that there is a refusal to understand the opposite end, which isn't fair to a theist.

Yes, the Son inherited a "depraved lunatic asylum"; however, that is wholly necessary to His POINT and His INHERITANCE. God "created" sin. You can't get around that fact - if He's omnipotent, then He had to do this. This means humanity was created to be fallen and depraved. Why? So that the Son would have a purpose - to be sacrificed for the ones that were chosen by God before the foundation of the world.

Please understand my frustration... it's not meant to be preachy or testy, it's just that it seems there is little or no empathy for theist when it comes to an atheist. I know this is a two-way street because you've probably encountered the EXACT same thing from Christians - probably worse.

28-11-2011, 05:34 PM
(28-11-2011 05:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

/sigh

No offense, but this is part of the reason why Christians get so awry around anti-theists. I get it. I understand what you're saying, but it seems that there is a refusal to understand the opposite end, which isn't fair to a theist.

Yes, the Son inherited a "depraved lunatic asylum"; however, that is wholly necessary to His POINT and His INHERITANCE. God "created" sin. You can't get around that fact - if He's omnipotent, then He had to do this. This means humanity was created to be fallen and depraved. Why? So that the Son would have a purpose - to be sacrificed for the ones that were chosen by God before the foundation of the world.

Please understand my frustration... it's not meant to be preachy or testy, it's just that it seems there is little or no empathy for theist when it comes to an atheist. I know this is a two-way street because you've probably encountered the EXACT same thing from Christians - probably worse.

This is why atheists get so frustrated by theists. There is no point discussing theological details when we reject your basic premise. If there are no gods, there is no theology.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2011, 05:44 PM
(28-11-2011 05:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-11-2011 05:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

/sigh

This is why atheists get so frustrated by theists. There is no point discussing theological details when we reject your basic premise. If there are no gods, there is no theology.

That's a very bigoted response.

If someone respects your beliefs, you should do the same. You don't have to agree with their views. But, if you want to have a discussion then you have to be educated on that belief and willing to accept the fact that others don't believe the same as you.

If you're close-minded and stalwart with the view of "believe what I believe or don't talk to me" then you're no better than the religious bigots you're condemning.

28-11-2011, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 05:48 PM by seljusisk..)
(28-11-2011 05:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No offense, but this is part of the reason why Christians get so awry around anti-theists. I get it. I understand what you're saying, but it seems that there is a refusal to understand the opposite end, which isn't fair to a theist.

im not sure what you mean when you say, 'refusal to understand the opposite end ' and then talk about how god created man to fall so that his son would have a purpose. i might of read it wrong... lol

Google is one of my best friends Heart
28-11-2011, 05:54 PM
(28-11-2011 05:45 PM)seljusisk. Wrote:  
(28-11-2011 05:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No offense, but this is part of the reason why Christians get so awry around anti-theists. I get it. I understand what you're saying, but it seems that there is a refusal to understand the opposite end, which isn't fair to a theist.

im not sure what you mean when you say, 'refusal to understand the opposite end ' and then talk about how god created man to fall so that his son would have a purpose. i might of read it wrong... lol

It's a matter of perspective. The product changes when it's viewed from different point of views. I'm just saying that you have to look at what I'm saying from a theistic perspective and not from an atheistic perspective because that's isn't fair. Just like it isn't fair for a Christian to apply Christian perspectives and thoughts to an atheist's life and perspectives.

28-11-2011, 06:03 PM
(28-11-2011 05:54 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's a matter of perspective. The product changes when it's viewed from different point of views. I'm just saying that you have to look at what I'm saying from a theistic perspective and not from an atheistic perspective because that's isn't fair. Just like it isn't fair for a Christian to apply Christian perspectives and thoughts to an atheist's life and perspectives.
i understand that you want atheist to look at things from a theist view point, but were you saying specificity that you want atheist to see god creating man for his sons purpose, from a theists view, or just see from a theist view in general?