Rebellious vs. Intellectual Atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2012, 01:35 PM
RE: Rebellious vs. Intellectual Atheists?
A famous point of the person I can think of who fits this is Kirk Cameron... the self proclaimed former "devout atheist"

It sounds like he was really just thinking it was cool to rebel until torment of hell became aware to him and he could no longer deny Jesus.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2012, 02:11 PM
(25-01-2012 01:35 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  A famous point of the person I can think of who fits this is Kirk Cameron... the self proclaimed former "devout atheist"

It sounds like he was really just thinking it was cool to rebel until torment of hell became aware to him and he could no longer deny Jesus.

If you ask me, I strongly believe that he is still an atheist. We already know that he's a dishonest prick who's main interests are fame and easy cash. Believer or not, he uses Christianity as a method to reach his selfish goals. He can do that job just as well, if not better as an atheist. When he chooses to (pretend to) be wrong, there is absolutely no way in hell to ever set him straight and guess what: there isn't.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
25-01-2012, 02:47 PM
(25-01-2012 08:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-01-2012 02:30 AM)Leela Wrote:  I am not rebellious and not intellectual (not a teeny either). I can debate Christians but not those out of my ex-faith which had no god/s at all. So what box would that be?

Your faith had no gods but it had the supernatural, right?

yes

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I have a friend whose atheism seems to be primarily motivated by rebellion. He usually doesn't seem to understand the issues he's debating but that doesn't stop him from doing it.

Of all the other teen atheists I know, he's the only one like this. I can personally say that I came to my conclusions intellectually. Deconversion was not something I wanted, it was one of the most difficult processes I have gone through (though from here I have to say, it was worth it).