Rebuttal to image 'atheist atrocity'? Maybe start a trend with an opposing image

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2016, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2016 02:22 PM by Szuchow.)
RE: Rebuttal to image 'atheist atrocity'? Maybe start a trend with an opposing image
(14-04-2016 01:17 PM)StehenYeathatStephen Wrote:  Thanks for the reply.

No problem.

(14-04-2016 01:17 PM)StehenYeathatStephen Wrote:  Yea I think everything you said is correct and I have updated my post with what Christopher Hitchens said about marxism-leninism being another name for religion as you say mutation of it.

I think so too, otherwise I wouldn't said it Wink

(14-04-2016 01:17 PM)StehenYeathatStephen Wrote:  I suppose all I want to do is to create a images and/or other materials, a blog or two that will help our position if not for the fundamentalists who you say will not believe the truth about historic events but rather for people who actually want to study history and won't fall into the trap of so many biased sites out there like that of http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...servapedia

Noble effort but if someone believe that lack of faith is cause of mass murders then no blog will help him.

(14-04-2016 01:17 PM)StehenYeathatStephen Wrote:  You get what I mean? Don't allow the biased lie to take over to avoid people in 100 years from now think they were anywhere near what is being claimed Smile

I get what you mean. If you're willing then I could get you the book titles from which you could get reliable numbers. I could do it myself but I'm to lazy.

Edit: I started browsing through my books but there is no sense in repeating work already done. One could simply look into Rudolf Rummel Death by Government and Statistics of Democide: Genocide and Mass Murder since 1900. There are also works by Barbara Harff. Also relevant to the subject is Steven Pinker The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined especially chapter 6 New Peace and sub chapter about genocide.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
14-04-2016, 02:00 PM
RE: Rebuttal to image 'atheist atrocity'? Maybe start a trend with an opposing image
Wha... huh? Greece? 1946-1949?

What a joke.
If it helps, that was the Greek Civil War and it was between right wing forces and communists, but:

One, the communists were attacked first (right wingers attacked unarmed communists at a rally).

Two, their defeat in the Civil War led to many more communists dying later because the ruling right wing forces started arresting, torturing and executing communists and even exiling them to labor camps (not because of the Civil War, not because they were dangerous, but just because they called themselves communists). Why do they not mention those deaths, caused by the Orthodox right wing patriots?

I know Greece has the lowest number in that list, but still. What the fuck.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
14-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Dictators, fascist and communist leaders all take a page directly out of the Bible. They mirror the Biblical god almost exactly.

- One can't question god or you're punished.

- God knows what's best for he creations. He's an authoritative father figure.

-You must honor, respect and worship god otherwise you'll be punished. But, it's for your own good, you know, and besides he really loves his people, don't forget that part.

-You can't go against any of god's rules or your punished or sent to hell.

Dictators, fascists and warlords, all have the same ideas as god.

-You can't question a dictator or you're punished

-Dictators know what is best for the citizens. They're the unquestioned father figure of the state.

-You must honor and respect the dictator or you're sent to a gulag or internment camp. But hey, dictators claim to love their fellow countrymen and they're only punishing you for your own good.

-If you don't follow the rules of a dictatorship you're imprisoned, tortured or killed.

God in the bible makes Hitler, Stalin and Kim Jong-un look like school children during recess. God kills over 280 million people in the bible and that's a very low estimate. (Satan kills 10) The 280 million doesn't count all the people he plans on killing when he returns. Add that number and it totals into the billions.

I hate when people bring up the atheist atrocity crap. Go back and read the bible and account for the billions killed by god. It's a damn good thing he's just a myth.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-04-2016, 03:57 PM
I've started some quick research going done the line.

In 1978-79 in Afganistan The People's Democratic Party of Afghanistan moved to pohibit traditional practices which were deemed feudal in nature, such as Bride Pricing, and Forced Marriage. The minum age for marries was raised. And Education was stressed for both men and women. Literacay programmes were set across the nation.

They waved Farmers debts country wide and abolishing usury. The Soviet Union was brought in they came in built new roads, hospitals, schools and drill water wells.

Where they went wrong was the shut down of mosques and making men cur beards and women banned from wearing burqa's.

It was a cutler shock to the people and these new enforcement's angered many of the people. And civil war ensued. The collapse of the soviet union brought about great financial difficulty for them as well. Most of the deaths came from the people opposing these new reforms, and the Soviets wanting to take more control.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
15-04-2016, 04:27 PM
I'd respond with a simple question: Do most atheists believe you should be killed or imprisoned because of your religion? No? Then fuck off.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
20-04-2016, 10:07 PM
He's posting the same crap over at "The Raving Atheists" forum as "JamesT". Spam.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
20-04-2016, 10:11 PM
I see Adolph Hitler named again as an atheist. Yawn.

“I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of
the Almighty Creator.”

Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-04-2016, 12:58 AM
(20-04-2016 10:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I see Adolph Hitler named again as an atheist. Yawn.

the Almighty Creator.”

But he was responsible for so many deaths that he obviously can't be christian. I remember one christian lady who used such "argument" - Hitler was so bad that he excommunicated himself so he was atheist Rolleyes

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
21-04-2016, 01:40 AM
(21-04-2016 12:58 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 10:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I see Adolph Hitler named again as an atheist. Yawn.

the Almighty Creator.”

But he was responsible for so many deaths that he obviously can't be christian. I remember one christian lady who used such "argument" - Hitler was so bad that he excommunicated himself so he was atheist Rolleyes

I've been thinking about this for a long time and I've decided that Adolf actually deserves credit for one major achievement:

He was the only person in history to...

kill Hitler!

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
21-04-2016, 01:48 AM
(21-04-2016 01:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 12:58 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  But he was responsible for so many deaths that he obviously can't be christian. I remember one christian lady who used such "argument" - Hitler was so bad that he excommunicated himself so he was atheist Rolleyes

I've been thinking about this for a long time and I've decided that Adolf actually deserves credit for one major achievement:

He was the only person in history to...

kill Hitler!

Good one even if it's old.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post