Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
Post Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
28-02-2013, 01:08 AM
RE: Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
(27-02-2013 05:24 PM)ChuckTesta Wrote:  All I can testify to is what I know
to be true. If there is no God, I am not the person I am today. I would
be a terribly selfish individual without any regard for any human life.
Nor do I believe anyone else would. Humans wouldn't be anything more
than savage dogs. Which is a popular opinion in the world already. There
would be total anarchy.
Classic simple-minded tomfoolery. Denmark, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, etc. are in total anarchy, aren't they? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
"If there is no God, I am not the person I am today. I would

be a terribly selfish individual without any regard for any human life."


This statement alone I feel is enough for suggesting he seek real help...am I wrong?

"Invisible pink unicorns" and "Screaming blue ants" Matt Slick
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ChuckTesta's post
28-02-2013, 02:39 AM
Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
I thought you were doing quite well on your own employing the Socratic Method on individual points he made. Sadly he doesn't seem interested in learning or knowing facts. He seems more interested in being right at any cost. Such folk cannot be effectively reasoned with in my experience. Are you hellbent on educating these people?

If its just lucid conversation about reality you crave look no further. But, if you feel truly compelled to enlighten the benighted then I'd say you have your work cut out for you.

If it were me, I'd spend the brain cells where they can do the most good.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
Quote:None of the knowledge we hold today has come from a holy book, such as the bible.
That's a deprived/depraved understanding! We can start with the influence the first German and English Bibles had on those languages, to name just two.

And AIG and other (popular here!) websites have up cases where rigidly adhering to Evolutionary principles and other non-Biblical views have slowed and even harmed human progress. For one example, the Bible laws tell adherents to wash all their items in running water and to cover defecation with earth and etc. The Bible says the blood is the life of an animal. Following "Bible sense" could have slowed cholera and other diseases of the "age of enlightenment" and stopped Washington from being leeched to death. Someone has surveyed the 613 Laws of the Torah and found that over 200 of them had direct health benefits... To respond to your post more accurately, we could say that scientists confirmed many of the truths of the Bible though it is not a science textbook but a history and poetic book(s).

As to the rest of your post, the Bible plainly uses phenomenalist language to describe the "rising of the sun" and "the four corners of the Earth" and etc. terms we still use.

If you're thinking of the "four corners" of Revelation, those describe a Eurasian troop movement and would be more accurate than to say "wrapping all around the globe". Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
(28-02-2013 08:53 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:None of the knowledge we hold today has come from a holy book, such as the bible.
That's a deprived/depraved understanding! We can start with the influence the first German and English Bibles had on those languages, to name just two.

And AIG and other (popular here!) websites have up cases where rigidly adhering to Evolutionary principles and other non-Biblical views have slowed and even harmed human progress. For one example, the Bible laws tell adherents to wash all their items in running water and to cover defecation with earth and etc. The Bible says the blood is the life of an animal. Following "Bible sense" could have slowed cholera and other diseases of the "age of enlightenment" and stopped Washington from being leeched to death. Someone has surveyed the 613 Laws of the Torah and found that over 200 of them had direct health benefits... To respond to your post more accurately, we could say that scientists confirmed many of the truths of the Bible though it is not a science textbook but a history and poetic book(s).

As to the rest of your post, the Bible plainly uses phenomenalist language to describe the "rising of the sun" and "the four corners of the Earth" and etc. terms we still use.

If you're thinking of the "four corners" of Revelation, those describe a Eurasian troop movement and would be more accurate than to say "wrapping all around the globe". Thanks.
^
|
|
Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 11:06 AM
RE: Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
da8:
Do you have facts in evidence to cite? Are you arguing what the text says?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 12:56 PM
RE: Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
Holy cherry picking batman! So you define life as blood? My definition is not that narrow and I would include a lot more of an organism's structure than just the blood but hell you are trying to fit that round peg in the square hole, what else is new?

If god was so freakin smart why not say, wash in running water in order to kill the microorganisms that I created (why he created them is certainly a good question). Instead of some throw away mention of washing in water? really burying shit was never thought of until the bible? Why didn't god explain human reproduction in the correct manner vs the BS that isdescribed in the bible. Are you really THAT FREAKIN NAIVE AND BIASED?

It also tells you to not wear wool and cotton at the same time (or something similar to that). Is there something earth shatteringly important to our health there? Do you shave or cut your hair, that's forbidden. the Bible also says you should kill other people of different religions. Hows it going on that front?

You are just cherry picking, manipulating vague phrases to mean something different. I am starting to feel sorry for you and the waste of human potential that you represent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
28-02-2013, 03:44 PM
RE: Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
Quote:Holy cherry picking batman! So you define life as blood? My definition is not that narrow and I would include a lot more of an organism's structure than just the blood but hell you are trying to fit that round peg in the square hole, what else is new?
The actual text is better rendered, the life is in the blood. Have you studied blood functions in an anatomy class setting?
Quote:If god was so freakin smart why not say, wash in running water in order to kill the microorganisms that I created (why he created them is certainly a good question). Instead of some throw away mention of washing in water? really burying shit was never thought of until the bible? Why didn't god explain human reproduction in the correct manner vs the BS that isdescribed in the bible. Are you really THAT FREAKIN NAIVE AND BIASED?
I'm sure you're aware of many of the outstanding and positive benefits of microorganisms. It seems you are not disagreeing with my point that following Bible practice would have saved millions of lives through the centuries, but rather that was God wrote was not to your taste. On what basis do you define that the Bible or any book is bad? Should we all follow your notions as to what is appropriate in documents, modern and ancient alike?
Quote:It also tells you to not wear wool and cotton at the same time (or something similar to that). Is there something earth shatteringly important to our health there? Do you shave or cut your hair, that's forbidden. the Bible also says you should kill other people of different religions. Hows it going on that front?
So you don't disagree with me that 200 of the 613 laws have health benefits. Were you suggesting all 613 and the whole Torah is a health manual? Shaving and cutting the hair aren't forbidden. Shaving and shorning to mourn the dead (a pagan practice) was forbidden. The dead in God had hope the pagans were unaware of.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
(28-02-2013 03:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  So you don't disagree with me that 200 of the 613 laws have health benefits. Were you suggesting all 613 and the whole Torah is a health manual?

Can you list them, please?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Recent "Debate" between myself and a nutcase
Lev 19:27 "You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard."

No I didn't agree to anything you said, just pointed out the obvious dishonesty and idiocy of your post.

So are the millions of lives "saved" to balance against the millions killed?

Blood is one of many essential organs in some living organisms on this planet. That doesn't mean it defines or is the sole reason for life. You are one of the most intellectually dishonest posters on a message board that I've ever seen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply
Forum Jump: