Recent "Hand of God" picture taken by NASA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Recent "Hand of God" picture taken by NASA
Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. We need to recruit a TTA news anchor to keep us up to date.

So scientists have taken a beautiful photo of a cloud of gas around a neutron star going bonkers 17,000 light years away and it vaguely resembles the shape of a hand. So of course, the only logical explanation for this easily explainable occurrence is that we captured an image of God's hand itself. Apparently he didn't like the outdated interior design of the universe and intervened to move some stars around and improve the vibe of things. He also knew that humans on earth would have their super powerful telescope pointed at that exact star and decided to fuck with them as he is known to do. God is like Bigfoot, you can only seem to catch him on film for a brief moment with a blurry shaky phone camera and then we're left with guesswork and conjecture.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/39-hand-god-39-...ml#RARu1Mi

Like all "Virgin Mary discovered in Grilled Cheese" stories, it's always fun just to read the comment section and watch baffled people attempt to use intelligence against the deafening cries of "You'll burn in hell!"

[Image: alg-final-frontier-jpg.jpg]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
10-01-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: Recent "Hand of God" picture taken by NASA
OMG, God has only 4 phalanges on his hand Shocking
If we are not made in his image,...then...., we must be made in that of Lucifer's Weeping
Wait! ...Nevermind! He could be throwing up a gang sign! My bad; all is good Shy

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
10-01-2014, 11:55 PM
I'm going to guess this is a false color picture.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
11-01-2014, 12:59 AM
Pretty cool, I still like Logisch's pictures better.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
11-01-2014, 06:36 AM
This observation was taken in the X-Ray spectrum. The picture from the OP was observed over the years 2004 and 2005 and was released in April 2009. The colours are as follows: Red (0.5-1.7 keV); Green (1.7-3.0 keV) ; Blue (3.0-8.0 keV). The object as pictured is about 1700 years old, although the light has travelled 17000 light years to reach us since that time. Pictured is a neutron star spinning at 7Hz.
http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2009/b1509/

The image from the article is not the same image as the one in the OP. The previous observation was by the Chandra X-ray observatory. This new one is by the Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array:
[Image: topelement.jpg]
http://www.space.com/24228-hand-of-god-s...paper.html
http://www.space.com/24225-hand-of-god-p...scope.html

"The red cloud appearing at the fingertips is a separate structure called RCW 89. The pulsar's wind may be heating the cloud to produce the low-energy X-ray glow, astronomers believe."

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
11-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Oh wow:
"On this planet Earth there ... is the consistent repetition of FIVE throughout nature. ... so very many living things have five radial elements like we have fingers."
- I wonder why that is? Wink
"Can all scientists please stop pratting around and get on with the inventing and development of the interstellar drive technology we need to get off this toxic rock... Personally, i couldn't care less how good our technology is at taking pictures of Galactic points of interest when we are ripping the guts out of this planet just to harvest enough resources to poison our bio-sphere, or drop bombs on children in the middle east. Get It ?" - Scientists! Stop finding stuff out about how things work and start fixing these socio-political issues!
Hrrmm... and the rest of the front page is argument about whether or not America was founded as a Christian nation.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
11-01-2014, 01:33 PM
Hand of god? Consider

All I can see is a seal laying an egg, which is very strange because seaals don't lay eggs

[Image: 15n6jb8.jpg]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
11-01-2014, 01:56 PM
God seems to suffer from a type of Brachydactyly.

[Image: PIIS0140673603141876.gr7.lrg.jpg]

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
13-01-2014, 10:31 AM
If that's his hand, then what's the big red thing?

Looks like God's getting a little "frisky" with the virgin Merry again...
Bit of the ol' foreplay...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
13-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Yabut, once he noticed peeps were watching, he was all about flipping them off.

[Image: 6d567f888b7c.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post