Recent Spanish Austerity Demonstrations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2012, 06:21 AM
I am appalled at the violence that the Spanish police are using against their own people. Thousands of people are angry and are suffering from the austerity cuts and they want democracy.

FUCK THE EUROPEAN UNION.... it was a disaster from the outset, how can so many different economies all work under one currency... its simply not possible.

They wont let it fail though... and without sounding too "conspiratorial" I am wondering why they wont... why keep pursuing this failure of this economical system... Unless im thinking that they wish to keep the power in brussels. Where 5 out of every 6 laws in my country are decided by unelected members/commissioners of the European Parliment (unelected as in by the common people)

I know things are never as simple as they seem...... but im really beggining to fucking hate the European Union.

There is a guy called Nigel Farage... TBH I think the guy can be quite a bit of a twat, however over the years he (and his party UKIP) has been confronting the European Parliment over and over again... at first people used to boo him in parliment but over time more and more people in the parliment now applaud him.

This is a speech from two weeks ago.....

I know ive strayed off topic slightly.... but I think the two things are intimatley connected.

Fuck Barroso Censored

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2012, 06:43 AM
RE: Recent Spanish Austerity Demonstrations
I'm the opposite. I think the demonstrators are idiots. However bad they think the austerity measures are it'll be a hundred times worse if their entire economy collapses, yet they seem determined to fight the one thing preventing it from doing so.

What annoys me the most is that if they get their way and the austerity measures are dropped and the economy collapses, they won't even realise it's their own fault. They'll be back out protesting on the streets blaming the Government when they should be going round apologising to everyone who wasn't so short-sighted.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
27-09-2012, 07:02 AM
I can see where your coming from.... I wouldnt call the protestors idiots though because they are desperate for the goverment to do something about it... the goverment though are taking orders from brussels without consulting the people.... there is no (illusion) of democracy.

2013 is gonna be one crazy tough year... inflation ticking steadily up making everything cost more... with more and more people out of work and no hope of a future for the middle/lower classes.

The most mind blowing thing for me though is they are doing austerity to "pay back" all the debt.... but who do they owe all of this debt too.... if the whole world owes money.... who do they owe it to.

Anybody know??? Caus I for one dont.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
27-09-2012, 07:25 AM
I need to add I know about bonds and Gilds and how borrowing operates.... but again I add to WHO (seeing as they dont keep records on foreign investors)

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
27-09-2012, 07:52 AM
(27-09-2012 07:02 AM)bemore Wrote:  I can see where your coming from.... I wouldnt call the protestors idiots though because they are desperate for the goverment to do something about it... the goverment though are taking orders from brussels without consulting the people.... there is no (illusion) of democracy.

2013 is gonna be one crazy tough year... inflation ticking steadily up making everything cost more... with more and more people out of work and no hope of a future for the middle/lower classes.

The most mind blowing thing for me though is they are doing austerity to "pay back" all the debt.... but who do they owe all of this debt too.... if the whole world owes money.... who do they owe it to.

It's the Chinese.

And the Bildebergers. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
27-09-2012, 07:57 AM
(27-09-2012 07:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(27-09-2012 07:02 AM)bemore Wrote:  I can see where your coming from.... I wouldnt call the protestors idiots though because they are desperate for the goverment to do something about it... the goverment though are taking orders from brussels without consulting the people.... there is no (illusion) of democracy.

It's the Chinese.

And the Bildebergers. Drinking Beverage

You forgot the Iluminati and the Masons.Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
27-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Yea the EU is pretty fucking stupid the way it is.

IMO, I think Europe should become like the states, one nation. It's not to hard to imagine, the EU and the US economies are roughly similar $15trillion GDP for the US, $17trillion GDP for the EU.
That way you would elect the people in charge and countries would become more or less like states.

I believe that that was the idea behind the EU anyway.

The problem with that is that would never happen. The EU would never become a recognized 'country' simply because the countries within it would never agree to becoming simply "a state". I mean hell, some countries wont out of the EU as it is.

I dunno, I don't know too much about the EU.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
29-09-2012, 03:16 AM
(27-09-2012 08:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I dunno, I don't know too much about the EU.

But you know enough to remember that when the Brits joined the EU it impacted the exports of NZ lamb and NZ butter.

I wonder how life would be different if the UK had not joined the EU but instead strengthened its union with the Commonweath countries (I recall Cameron knocking on India's door not so long ago.)

Either way, get your arses over to Asia.

Recession? Wot recession?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post