Recent walk through a christian store...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: Recent walk through a christian store...
I'm assuming that's Lifeway.

There is so much wrong consumer exploitation in regards to Christian merchandise.

It's truly sickening.

Yet just another reason why I'm breaking away further and further from organized religion and mainstream Christianity.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-12-2013, 06:29 PM
(17-12-2013 05:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm assuming that's Lifeway.

There is so much wrong consumer exploitation in regards to Christian merchandise.

It's truly sickening.

Yet just another reason why I'm breaking away further and further from organized religion and mainstream Christianity.

[Image: Emperor-Palpatine-Release-Your-Anger.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
17-12-2013, 10:39 PM
It was some local catholic store I believe. Made me sick. I like the use of the wily "fox"....
17-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Sin monster is my favHeart

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
18-12-2013, 12:34 AM
(15-12-2013 12:00 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Man... I remember "Hells bells" when I was in middle school. A teacher bought it from a christian store and brought it to christian school (of course, legal to do that in a batshit crazy private school) It scared the fuck out of me and most the other kids. Safe to say most of us wouldn't listen to anything but christian music after that. Of course, i look at it now and laugh my ass off because it's so incredibly silly. But when you're young being spoon fed bullshit as a little kid, you of course trust them.

I actually haven't ever seen it. So, being curious I did. It was pretty funny actually.

So much of what they said could be turned around at them. Especially when they talked about the crusades (condemning them) then talking about stalin, hitler, and mao. Later they talk about few bad ministers who bilk people and are really hypocrites but then remind the viewer that not all ministers are bad.

Moral...judge all atheists because of Stalin. But don't judge that priest who buggers kids or that minister who took money from widows to give their dog an air conditioned dog house -- because so many more do good.

Then in the next breath they talk about not judging anyone because it's up to god alone...

But by all means judge everyone by the music they listen to...

Made my head hurt and it's fucking long too.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

18-12-2013, 05:57 AM
(17-12-2013 10:39 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It was some local catholic store I believe. Made me sick. I like the use of the wily "fox"....

I understand it, foxes are well known as cunning and intelligent creatures and it wouldn't surprise me if they were considered the embodiment of cunning by some cultures.
It strikes me as ironic that they would use such a creature as their symbol of indoctrination and mental dulling.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.