Recommend A Noah's Ark Thread?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Recommend A Noah's Ark Thread?
I did a "search" and can't find any threads on Noah's Ark.

Can anyone please point me to one here?

I just read this from a Creationist website and found it fascinating:
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

[undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined]Doctors Morris and Whitcomb in their classic book,The Genesis Flood state that no more than 35,000 individual animals needed to go on the ark. In his well documented book, Noah’s Ark: A Feasibility Study, John Woodmorappe suggests that far fewer animals would have been transported upon the ark. By pointing out that the word “specie” is not equivalent to the “created kinds” of the Genesis account, Woodmorappe credibly demonstrates that as few as 2,000 animals may have been required on the ark. To pad this number for error, he continues his study by showing that the ark could easily accommodate 16,000 animals.

Noah's Ark. Copyrighted, Eden Communications. But, let’s be generous and add on a reasonable number to include extinct animals. Then add on some more to satisfy even the most skeptical. Let’s assume 50,000 animals, far more animals than required, were on board the ark, and these need not have been the largest or even adult specimens.

Remember there are really only a few very large animals, such as the dinosaur or the elephant, and these could be represented by young ones. Assuming the average animal to be about the size of a sheep and using a railroad car for comparison, we note that the average double-deck stock car can accommodate 240 sheep. Thus, three trains hauling 69 cars each would have ample space to carry the 50,000 animals, filling only 37% of the ark. This would leave an additional 361 cars or enough to make 5 trains of 72 cars each to carry all of the food and baggage plus Noah’s family of eight people. The Ark had plenty of space.[/undefined][/undefined]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: Recommend A Noah's Ark Thread?
(31-10-2012 03:51 PM)onedream Wrote:  I did a "search" and can't find any threads on Noah's Ark.

Can anyone please point me to one here?

I just read this from a Creationist website and found it fascinating:
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c013.html

[undefined=undefined][undefined=undefined]Doctors Morris and Whitcomb in their classic book,The Genesis Flood state that no more than 35,000 individual animals needed to go on the ark. In his well documented book, Noah’s Ark: A Feasibility Study, John Woodmorappe suggests that far fewer animals would have been transported upon the ark. By pointing out that the word “specie” is not equivalent to the “created kinds” of the Genesis account, Woodmorappe credibly demonstrates that as few as 2,000 animals may have been required on the ark. To pad this number for error, he continues his study by showing that the ark could easily accommodate 16,000 animals.

Noah's Ark. Copyrighted, Eden Communications. But, let’s be generous and add on a reasonable number to include extinct animals. Then add on some more to satisfy even the most skeptical. Let’s assume 50,000 animals, far more animals than required, were on board the ark, and these need not have been the largest or even adult specimens.

Remember there are really only a few very large animals, such as the dinosaur or the elephant, and these could be represented by young ones. Assuming the average animal to be about the size of a sheep and using a railroad car for comparison, we note that the average double-deck stock car can accommodate 240 sheep. Thus, three trains hauling 69 cars each would have ample space to carry the 50,000 animals, filling only 37% of the ark. This would leave an additional 361 cars or enough to make 5 trains of 72 cars each to carry all of the food and baggage plus Noah’s family of eight people. The Ark had plenty of space.[/undefined][/undefined]

Which part of "myth" don't you understand?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-10-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Noah-s-ark

Which was found by, you know, searching. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
31-10-2012, 04:29 PM
(31-10-2012 03:58 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Noah-s-ark

Thanks.

I searched. But nothing came up.
31-10-2012, 04:36 PM
(31-10-2012 04:29 PM)onedream Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 03:58 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Noah-s-ark

Thanks.

Cause u dumb. Big Grin

Nah. Use the google hack: site:www.thethinkingatheist.com Noah's ark
works for all kinds of sites. Thumbsup

31-10-2012, 04:43 PM
(31-10-2012 04:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 04:29 PM)onedream Wrote:  Thanks.

Cause u dumb. Big Grin

No. I think I'm dumb. =)

Thanks for the help. I learn something new everyday.
31-10-2012, 06:06 PM
(31-10-2012 04:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 04:29 PM)onedream Wrote:  Thanks.

Cause u dumb. Big Grin

Pot, meet Kettle.

Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
31-10-2012, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012 06:35 PM by Starcrash.)
This is similar to those claims that "everybody in the world could fit in a single US state, therefore we aren't overpopulated". People need more than just elbow-room, and so do animals. Even if we grant that every animal could fit on the ark, that's before breeding (things like mice and rabbits tend to fill lots of space over a short time) and without the most important tool for taking care of animals: food. Did you know that you consume more than your own weight over the course of 7 months (perhaps even in a single month)? That's probably true of most animals. While it's possible that predators had enough food (remember those overflowing mice and rabbits?), what did the herbivores eat? Remember, too, that there was no such thing as refrigeration back then. And what about animals with very specific diets, such as panda bears (who eat almost exclusively bamboo)? Do you really think that there was room for seven months worth of bamboo just for the pandas? And remember also that we're looking at it in hindsight... Noah wouldn't have known that the trip was only 7 months long, so he'd have to budget extra food for the duration if it lasted longer.

Now of course you could solve the whole space crisis by just claiming "God did it", but why all the trouble of saving the animals by natural means if they were just going to be miracled to safety in the end anyway?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
31-10-2012, 07:12 PM
What about the millions upon millions of microscopic animals, fungi, and bugs Noah could not see, or could not have even known about, or flying insects that live for only a day or so, and are dependent on very specific environments, and temperatures, and would have died instantly on the arc ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
31-10-2012, 07:52 PM
(31-10-2012 07:12 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What about the millions upon millions of microscopic animals, fungi, and bugs Noah could not see, or could not have even known about, or flying insects that live for only a day or so, and are dependent on very specific environments, and temperatures, and would have died instantly on the arc ?

What about... your mom. Tongue

See what a bad influence that Erxy is?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Noah's Flood vs Aquatic Fauna Metazoa Zeke 68 1,744 11-07-2014 07:17 PM
Last Post: BnW
  Noah's Ark Calculation TheSkeptic 13 361 11-06-2014 05:47 PM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  The thread where Drich provides evidence rampant.a.i. 30 781 05-03-2014 05:48 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  Noah's Flood vs Population bottlenecks and the foundereffect Metazoa Zeke 7 549 02-02-2014 07:29 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Logical and verifyable evidence for Noah's flood!!! reverendjeremiah 81 5,703 23-02-2013 11:06 PM
Last Post: Sceptical Prophet
  Wrong thread. Almost? dustinmciver 28 1,352 25-01-2013 12:19 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills