Recommend Some Literature

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
10-05-2010, 02:44 PM

RE: Recommend Some Literature
Interesting, I'll have to read Heart of Darkness then. It's odd, I only finished halve way through Brave New World. I found it really un-amusing, it was the only book that I ever gave up on.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2010, 04:44 PM

Honestly, I thought that 'Heart of Darkness' was a terrible book; yet, oddly, I would recommend it to anyone asking.
10-05-2010, 06:21 PM
(10-05-2010 04:44 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  Honestly, I thought that 'Heart of Darkness' was a terrible book; yet, oddly, I would recommend it to anyone asking.

It's official, you guys: Ceryle is a sadist.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2010, 06:31 PM

(laughter) ^_^
10-05-2010, 07:46 PM

I'm an optimist most of the time! Smile

We balance the forum out well then!

[Image: DaoLogo.jpg]
11-05-2010, 06:35 AM

(10-05-2010 02:44 PM)justacityboy Wrote:  Interesting, I'll have to read Heart of Darkness then. It's odd, I only finished halve way through Brave New World. I found it really un-amusing, it was the only book that I ever gave up on.

Remember heart of Darkness was an assigned book, so in actuality I didn't like it either, but upon finishing it we got to watch Apocolypse Now as a class and that was Awesome! In case you don't know AN is based on HoD. Brave New World I loved and in fact read it again as an adult and loved it.

I've actually failed to mention my ultimate favorite book as of yet. One of the few I've actually read more than twice, and I never get tired of it. That book would be Frankenstein! Please don't read this if your expecting a monster story because that it is not. It is however I great book, and a take on society that ages quite well!
11-05-2010, 07:40 AM

The 'Culture Series' by Iain M. Banks.
11-05-2010, 02:29 PM

(11-05-2010 06:35 AM)Dregs Wrote:  
(10-05-2010 02:44 PM)justacityboy Wrote:  Interesting, I'll have to read Heart of Darkness then. It's odd, I only finished halve way through Brave New World. I found it really un-amusing, it was the only book that I ever gave up on.

Remember heart of Darkness was an assigned book, so in actuality I didn't like it either, but upon finishing it we got to watch Apocolypse Now as a class and that was Awesome! In case you don't know AN is based on HoD. Brave New World I loved and in fact read it again as an adult and loved it.

I've actually failed to mention my ultimate favorite book as of yet. One of the few I've actually read more than twice, and I never get tired of it. That book would be Frankenstein! Please don't read this if your expecting a monster story because that it is not. It is however I great book, and a take on society that ages quite well!

Oh yes Franklenstein is a wonderful book, I'm reading right now in my class
11-05-2010, 03:06 PM

"Oh yes Franklenstein is a wonderful book, I'm reading right now in my class."

I never liked that terrifying lightning rod scene myself...(shudders)
11-05-2010, 03:15 PM
If you like Frankenstein, you should try reading some of H. P. Lovecraft's works.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply