Recommend a Podcast

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 06:18 AM
Recommend a Podcast
Hey all,

I've got a couple of road trips coming up. And, I usually pass some of the time by listening to a few podcasts. I'd love to hear what you all listen to and would love to get some recommendations.

What are some of your faves (any genre)?

Thanks!

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2014, 06:27 AM
RE: Recommend a Podcast
(18-04-2014 06:18 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  Hey all,

I've got a couple of road trips coming up. And, I usually pass some of the time by listening to a few podcasts. I'd love to hear what you all listen to and would love to get some recommendations.

Thanks!

Given the nature of this forum I will first throw out the obligatory religion ones:

TTA podcast
Cognitive Dissonance
The Imaginary Friend Show
The Scathing Atheist

All of which are nice to listen to and pretty funny and informative on occasion.

For more sceptical/scientific stuff I direct you to The Skeptic Zone and The Skeptics Guide the the Universe.

The Co-Optional Podcast is a good source for discussions related to vidja games, and Pod/J-Taku is good for anime discussion if that's your thing.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-04-2014, 06:38 AM
Yes.

Cognitive Dissonance.

Hands down my favourite podcast. (Sorry Seth)

Irreligiosity is good too.

Dogma debate is okay, if you can get past the host David (hes comes across as pretty up himself) Aronra is always fun to listen to however.
18-04-2014, 06:40 AM

Thanks!

I listen to a lot of NPR stuff.

This American Life - stories around a given theme about everyday people, sometimes in not-so-everyday circumstances.
Radiolab - Sciency stuff, usually. This is my favorite podcast of all time, if you're not listening to it, you should be! Tongue
Intelligence Squared US- "Oxford-style debating on American shores"
Planet Money - easy to grasp, interesting snippets about the economy and all that which makes the world go 'round.
Science Friday - ...science!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
18-04-2014, 06:44 AM
(18-04-2014 06:40 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  

Thanks!

I listen to a lot of NPR stuff.

Radiolab - Sciency stuff, usually. This is my favorite podcast of all time, if you're

I think I heard this podcast the other day for the first time. Was talking about the "pooptrain" from NYC colorado.

Was very good, also very funny
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
18-04-2014, 06:44 AM
Neil deGrasse Tyson's Star Talk-

Harry Potter and the methods of Rationality is neat if you feel like listening to a story.

hpmor

NPR's- Wait, Wait

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
18-04-2014, 06:47 AM
(18-04-2014 06:44 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 06:40 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I listen to a lot of NPR stuff.

Radiolab - Sciency stuff, usually. This is my favorite podcast of all time, if you're

I think I heard this podcast the other day for the first time. Was talking about the "pooptrain" from NYC colorado.

Was very good, also very funny

enlightening stuff, right? haha. That show always gets me thinking about random things I never would've thought about before.

18-04-2014, 06:48 AM
(18-04-2014 06:44 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Neil deGrasse Tyson's Star Talk-

Harry Potter and the methods of Rationality is neat if you feel like listening to a story.

hpmor

NPR's- Wait, Wait

D'OH! How could I forget about Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me!! That show is great too. It's one of my favorite ways to catch up on the news. Always funny!

18-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Funnily enough I just posted this link in the movie section.

Reasonable doubts.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/reasonabledo...-not-dead/

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.