Recommended Sci-Fi movies/series

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 03:30 PM
RE: Recommended Sci-Fi movies/series
Agents of Shield. I just finished the series myself, and it's pretty freaking well-done.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 03:39 PM
(06-05-2015 03:30 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Agents of Shield. I just finished the series myself, and it's pretty freaking well-done.

Oh if we are doing superheroes then Daredevil, that show is amazing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-05-2015, 04:21 PM
I also watched Firefly and Serenity, then tried to follow it with FarScape and a few others... Which generally sucked.

Some relatively random sci-fi themed movies I enjoyed, even if not all are dominantly space-themed, and many are sci-fi as a secondary to mystery or drama:

- Dark City (Mystery/Sci-fi)
- Mr.Nobody (Drama/Romance/Sci-fi)
- Timecrimes (Sci-fi/Thriller) It's a dubbed movie, but fantastic. NOTE: WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T WATCH THE YOUTUBE TRAILER!!
- Sunshine (Sci-fi/Thriller) - a flawed but good movie

I'm sure there are plenty more, but I tend to only collect strange movies. If you do check these out, make sure to give Timecrimes at least 30 minutes to get moving; it can be quite jarring when confronted with a low budget dub, but it is a genuinely charming movie if you like mind-fucking time travel. And again, DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER, some asshole basically ruined the whole movie.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
06-05-2015, 04:31 PM
(06-05-2015 04:21 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I also watched Firefly and Serenity, then tried to follow it with FarScape and a few others... Which generally sucked.

Some relatively random sci-fi themed movies I enjoyed, even if not all are dominantly space-themed, and many are sci-fi as a secondary to mystery or drama:

- Timecrimes (Sci-fi/Thriller) It's a dubbed movie, but fantastic. NOTE: WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T WATCH THE YOUTUBE TRAILER!!

I'm sure there are plenty more, but I tend to only collect strange movies. If you do check these out, make sure to give Timecrimes at least 30 minutes to get moving; it can be quite jarring when confronted with a low budget dub, but it is a genuinely charming movie if you like mind-fucking time travel. And again, DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER, some asshole basically ruined the whole movie.

You shouldn't have said don't watch the trailer.. I wouldn't have.. now I just have to.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
06-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Naked Lunch, Brazil, Zero Theorem... Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-05-2015, 04:41 PM
I would have said the tv show "Alien Nation" that aired back in the early 1990's -----

but, after watching a few episodes on Netflix a while back - I remembered -----

I smoked a lot of dope back then.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-05-2015, 04:44 PM
(06-05-2015 04:31 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 04:21 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I also watched Firefly and Serenity, then tried to follow it with FarScape and a few others... Which generally sucked.

You shouldn't have said don't watch the trailer.. I wouldn't have.. now I just have to.

Oh FFS... Don't do it. Even the commenters are flipping out that it ruins the entire plot. That, and it just makes the movie seem terrible...
06-05-2015, 04:48 PM
(06-05-2015 04:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Naked Lunch, Brazil, Zero Theorem... Angel

I'm watching Brazil tonight. I have no idea what to expect, but I hear great things.

Watched another 1985 movie yesterday, The Quiet Earth... Aussie flick, it was alright for a 30 year old film, but that ending answered exactly nothing.
06-05-2015, 05:34 PM
(06-05-2015 04:44 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 04:31 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  You shouldn't have said don't watch the trailer.. I wouldn't have.. now I just have to.

Oh FFS... Don't do it. Even the commenters are flipping out that it ruins the entire plot. That, and it just makes the movie seem terrible...
I can't help the OCD !!! I saw a bit of it that kind of ruined the plot so stopped it... hopefully I can still watch it. It kind of looks like a pisstake though (through how the trailer's filmed)

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
06-05-2015, 05:39 PM
(06-05-2015 03:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All the star trek series follow rather a single time line. At least until the show "Enterprise" which was a waste of time.

Start with orginal series for mostly campy fun, skip the movies and jump into the next generation. Then move onto DS9 and finally Voyager.

I started watching Enterprise and hated it so I gave up. A few years later I tried again and got into it. I think if you go in with low expectations you can enjoy it for the camp value as I think a lot of it was tongue in cheek. I would watch it after the others though.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP