Reconciling old and new testaments

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
28-02-2015, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2015 01:02 PM by TheInquisition.)
RE: Reconciling old and new testaments
(28-02-2015 12:18 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 12:09 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How did Truman happen to hire a bunch of atheist scientists??? Was that part of the job requirement ---

or are you simply talking out your ass????
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ath...technology
Quote:Hans Bethe (1906–2005): German-American nuclear physicist, and Nobel laureate in physics for his work on the theory of stellar nucleosynthesis.[20] A versatile theoretical physicist, Bethe also made important contributions to quantum electrodynamics, nuclear physics, solid-state physics and astrophysics. During World War II, he was head of the Theoretical Division at the secret Los Alamos laboratory which developed the first atomic bombs. There he played a key role in calculating the critical mass of the weapons, and did theoretical work on the implosion method used in both the Trinity test and the "Fat Man" weapon dropped on Nagasaki, Japan.[21]

You're ignorance is, well, not surprising. Do you have any idea how many people worked on the Manhattan Project? Can you really characterize their religious affiliation? Do you really think theists have no blood on their hands?
There are plenty of people that think America developing nuclear weaponry was a MUCH better alternative than the Christian Nazis.

And while you're showing all of your hatred and bigotry towards people that don't believe as you do, we sit here and observe that you do this in the name of your religion and your god. Guess what message is really getting through here....

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-02-2015, 01:02 PM
(27-02-2015 11:13 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 12:33 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  We don't gloss over those. We constantly bring up NT verses about the horrors of hell, the nonsensical nature of salvation, and how this interacts with concepts like free will or heaven. It's not like we only discuss Deuteronomy 22, or something.

I came from a world where the Christians glossed over those things. Different people have different experiences.

All that proves is a lot of people believe the same nonfalsifiable thing. A lot of others believe in other nonfalsifiable things. I'm not sure why you think an argument from popularity would be compelling.

1. In the months I've been here, and The Q have been watching, I've mostly stuck to the Atheism and Theism forums. I've seen umpteen Bible potshots that were that--single verses taken out of context. I can't recall even one thread, "What is good and decent in the Bible?" or "People talk about the love of Jesus. Is that a believable concept?" -- okay, maybe there's one post. Big deal.

2. Mine is less an argument from popularity than a call to hearken TTA toward reality. "Most humans need to eat and sleep on a regular basis to live." More power to you if you can do without either, brother.

No it isn't. Jebus is not believable, and everything about his "Love your neighbor as yourself", came from somewhere else.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
28-02-2015, 01:08 PM
(28-02-2015 12:53 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Can you really characterize their religious affiliation?
Are you denying fact that there were atheist scientists developing WMDs?
And btw sam harris called for nuking muslims.
Atheism is not as peaceful as local atheists claim.
28-02-2015, 01:25 PM
(28-02-2015 01:08 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 12:53 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Can you really characterize their religious affiliation?

Franklin Roosevelt gave approval and funding to begin the Manhattan Project he was an Episcopal, Harry Truman, A southern Baptist, succeeded Roosevelt and made the decision to use the bomb to end the war.

I believe these CHRISTIANS made the right decision.

Can you even set aside your bigotry long enough to actually see the truth?

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
28-02-2015, 01:29 PM
(28-02-2015 01:25 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 01:08 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Are you denying fact that there were atheist scientists developing WMDs?

Franklin Roosevelt gave approval and funding to begin the Manhattan Project he was an Episcopal, Harry Truman, A southern Baptist, succeeded Roosevelt and made the decision to use the bomb to end the war.

Scientists could just refuse to develop such weapon and there would not be any WMDs used in WWII
28-02-2015, 02:05 PM
(28-02-2015 01:29 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 01:25 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Franklin Roosevelt gave approval and funding to begin the Manhattan Project he was an Episcopal, Harry Truman, A southern Baptist, succeeded Roosevelt and made the decision to use the bomb to end the war.

Scientists could just refuse to develop such weapon and there would not be any WMDs used in WWII

And an invasion of mainland Japan would have cost MILLIONS of lives, rather than the hundred thousand or so that died using the nukes.

Bad solution? Probably.

But they had it coming. They started the shit. We just ended it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-02-2015, 02:16 PM
(28-02-2015 02:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We just ended it.
And also created existential threat to humanity.
28-02-2015, 02:21 PM
(28-02-2015 02:16 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 02:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  We just ended it.
And also created existential threat to humanity.

I'm sure the first guy who sharpened a spear had a neighbor who thought the same way....

Guess what???

Like shit - technology happens.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-02-2015, 02:37 PM
(28-02-2015 01:29 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 01:25 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Franklin Roosevelt gave approval and funding to begin the Manhattan Project he was an Episcopal, Harry Truman, A southern Baptist, succeeded Roosevelt and made the decision to use the bomb to end the war.

And the Nazis would have developed atomic weapons first. I'm sure glad us atheists saved the world from Nazism.

28-02-2015, 06:41 PM
(28-02-2015 01:08 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  

Atheism is the lack of belief in gods. That's it.
Therefore, your statement is nonsense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post