Recovery.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Recovery.
Day One.
I can tell this is going to be hard. Today is only the first day without cutting and honestly,
I’m already having urges. I don’t want to relapse. I want to get better. I think that my body and mind may want something different though. My "tools" have already been taken from me, from my parents and I've been given strict instructions on not using or having any thing sharp. I'm going to start a journal and every time that I have and urge, I'm going to write it down. It's not a big thing, but it's a good start (I think).
I’m mainly focusing on the cutting, but I’m also working on my bulimia problem too.
I’m going to start eating a bit healthier, but I’m going to focus on smaller portions right now, until I can eat those everyday and be okay.
Today I have had:
  • half of an orange
  • a cookie
  • and some chips
  • along with some water

It’s going to take time, effort, and commitment and I think that I’m finally ready to accept the challenge and learn some self-control.
Wish me luck.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like legendoflink's post
02-05-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: Recovery.
Good luck!!

btw, if you like citrics try grape fruit, my mom has bulimia (weird not self provoked kind) and she finds grape fruit quite helpful for her. I think it's just psychological, but who knows Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
02-05-2013, 11:39 AM
(02-05-2013 11:35 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Good luck!!

btw, if you like citrics try grape fruit, my mom has bulimia (weird not self provoked kind) and she finds grape fruit quite helpful for her. I think it's just psychological, but who knows Tongue

I will try that.
I've never had grapefruit, outside of a drink or something of the sort.
But yeah, thanks dude. Shy

bemore

02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Good luck Heart

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-05-2013, 03:29 PM
My cousin used to cut quite a bit... Don't really know what changed her mind, but I do know that she's been eating right and exercising often. I'm recovering from a flare-up of an autoimmune disorder I have, which also brought depression this time around. I find that when I'm eating right and exercising regularily, everything just feels better. Maybe give that a try.

If you are an omnivore, there are plenty of super-healthy balanced meals to be had. And if you start exercising, the extra calories shouldn't matter at all!

Last year I was eating 3400 - 3700 calories per day, and because I was working out 5 times a week, and biking/jogging 2-3 times per week, I got pretty fit. You're likely smaller, and require less calories than that, but trust when I say that eating right, and being physically fit is VERY rewarding, and will have you feeling fantastic.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
03-05-2013, 04:35 AM
Day one:
After being yelled at by my boyfriend, I became stressed, causing my body to make me throw up.
Besides that, the day was pretty good.
I made a "wall of hope"; wall filled with notes of encouragement. And I'm keeping a journal of things that trigger me to cut and also how much/what I've eaten that day.

bemore

[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
03-05-2013, 04:36 AM
Today is Day Two.

bemore

03-05-2013, 11:45 AM
Day Two:
It has been successful, so far. I've had a killer migraine all day though. Tonight, I plan on getting my hair cut and then spending some time with the boyfriend, so we will see how that goes.
Today I have eaten some ramen and an orange, but that's about it.

bemore

03-05-2013, 12:14 PM
I've heard that sex helps headaches. I'm also hypothesising that it should reduce the urge to self mutilate.

I would recommend copious amounts. Big Grin

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
03-05-2013, 12:56 PM
(03-05-2013 12:14 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I've heard that sex helps headaches. I'm also hypothesizing that it should reduce the urge to self mutilate.

I would recommend copious amounts. Big Grin

Well it really does help headaches, less stress, boost your immune system, improves self-esteem, allows you to sleep better, and burn a little calories. The intimacy aspect of sex can help with self mutilation but that is entirely dependent on the people involved and is obviously not a cure.

A healthy view of sex and regular masturbation are something I would recommend. And don't forget that masturbation helps with depression as well (aka improved self-esteem).

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]