Recovery from Religion.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-02-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: Recovery from Religion.
I didn't seem to have much of a recovery from religion and for that I feel somewhat lucky. I truly stopped believing when I was 14. During that period of time I did feel guilty and felt like I was doing something wrong especially since my parents are devout Christians. But I couldn't lie to myself about what I didn't perceive to be true. From that point I made it my mission to study as much as I could about belief and why people believe the things they do. I find belief fascinating since it makes normally rational people willing to suspend rational thought and actually prefer to believe something completely irrational and live by that code.
I've no issue with telling someone that I am atheist (if asked). I usually get a mixed bag of responses and that's fine. I'm not offended if someone doesn't like the fact that I don't believe or if they shun me. Their loss not mine. I've found that most atheists are more accepting of others. I know I am. I get to live by a code that allows inclusion of everyone and does not discriminate because of some form of belief that teaches that you should. It doesn't take a belief in a higher power to be moral and a well rounded human being.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
30-05-2017, 04:37 PM
RE: Recovery from Religion.
I was a Christian for 8 years until an athiest one day told me there were contradictions in the Bible. He was right. I still can't bring myself to be an athiest but I'm definitely not a Christian anymore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply