Recovery from atheist abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 08:00 AM
RE: Recovery from atheist abuse
No wait, Poe?

"I AM AN ATHEIST. I'VE BEEN AN ATHEIST FOR TWO YEARS. I am a geek groupie and savvy enough about science and theoretical physics enough to realize if there was a god, there would be evidence. If there had been a flood, the geological evidence would be overwhelming."

What the fuck is going on?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
02-03-2017, 08:30 AM
(02-03-2017 05:47 AM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  I don't see it this way. the vast majority of atheists I come across surely are narcissists as evident by their gas lighting.

Gas lighting is funny.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Can you smell that?

Smells like vindication.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-03-2017, 10:57 AM
(02-03-2017 05:47 AM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  OH Screw it. I really do NOT want to debate this but whatever. //All I was suggesting is that you're still going through the transitional theist-to-atheist stage. That your overall experiences with atheists/atheism are not the norm. IE: You're not yet fully "committed" to atheism.//

I AM AN ATHEIST. I'VE BEEN AN ATHEIST FOR TWO YEARS. I am a geek groupie and savvy enough about science and theoretical physics enough to realize if there was a god, there would be evidence. If there had been a flood, the geological evidence would be overwhelming.

would you like to hear me recite blasphemy? That's what the witch hunting Atheists have me do. JC can get a rim job by satan while sucking angel cock and the holy ghost can spew his cum all over the orgy.

there. is that good enough?

_______

//unrealistic expectations?//

YES. I went into the debate groups as a science savvy theist wanting to be an ally against the YECs. I was so stupid and naïve. I had no idea I was in a shark pit. I only wanted to love the atheists. WTF was I thinking? My only other experiences with atheists were from physicists who were atheists. I thought atheists were the kewl geeks. I was so wrong.

------
//certainly unrepresentative of the vast majority of atheists,//

I don't see it this way. the vast majority of atheists I come across surely are narcissists as evident by their gas lighting. The atheists on FB and twitter are closed minded jerks.

And until atheists start realizing the ridiculous deserve the best we have to offer and can understand the research design necessary to justify it being deserved.... and can start consulting the sciences already addressing the ridiculous and can stop ignoring the sciences that say ridicule backfires and strengthens a xtians faith..... and start recognizing that means they are sabotaging any efforts to promote critical ..... and until this comes from the proverbial top atheist organizations....

then I have zero respect for most of any of you.

AND... in fact, Mr Stinky Dink whatever your name is.... I actually get results from theists when I bash atheists on fb for their corruption. The theists love it. It validates them on how completely maddening atheists are. They many times say i'm the most honest atheist they ever met. They friend me and even have made me admin of their xtian groups... lol. Imagine that. I've recently had a theist remove his kids from church until they were old enough. Imagine that.

THEN... I have a connectin with them and they listen to me teach them they will NEVER beat an atheist when it comes to evidence and why. I also teach them how to beat an atheist ... by getting them out of the god arena where their true colors are exposed.

Oh yea... dude. All I gotta do is say String theory is a fairy tale and the atheists who oppose me typically foam at the mouth cuz I've blasphemed almighty science.

But hey.. I don't have to debate basics of theoretical physics... let's just do some EIGHTH GRADE semantics and pull the rug out from under them by saying I an actually debate evolution as not a fact. OMG, what? what? what? That's right... its semantics and the debate has nothing to do with evolution. The same debate can be had over gravity. Do they get it ? NO. cUZ most atheists reallhy are too stupid for science and that's why they debate religion.

AND... i'm not that smart. If attheists are the smart ppl, we are screwed.

Now....

It is sound thinking to have a comprehensive approach to address a cognitive issue. It is sound thinking to monitor your tactics for backfire.

AND... its insanity to argue against this. I'm sorry.. but all I see from online atheists is insanity. Oh, we are right.. there's no evidence for a god and the bible is a fairy tale. But outside of that... I see ignorance that mirrors a theist and I see corruption.

the ridiculous don't deserve ridicule... they deserve the best we have to offer. always. And until atheists can get over the paradigm shift necessary to embrace that concept... they can all go jump off a curb. In two years at many hours per day... I've met maybe six atheists who can hear me. I didn't used to be this way. I've had it. stop pushing my buttons. I've met a couple of atheists here that are decent enough to know how to chat with me. EVERYONE ELSE.. BACK OFF , GIVE ME TIME OR JUST BAN ME. I DON'T CARE. AND WOULDN'T BLAME YOU.

Well, aren't you special. Facepalm

If you would like to actually engage, then do so. But what you are doing looks like trolling or mental illness.
[+] 1 user Likes Rik's post
02-03-2017, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 11:47 AM by adey67.)
I'm really uncertain how to approach this lady I tried to offer a hand of friendship and a listening ear but this was ignored. I fear whatever approach will be wrong. On the one hand I see an individual looking for conflict almost revelling in it which fits with trolling on the other hand I see a seriously damaged angry and tortured person in need of professional help, certainly her behaviour is highly unusual for a 61 year old female of sound mind and more suggestive of a petulant adolescent. I hope they get help and find peace but I suspect they will depart in a huff or end up being so unbearable that the ban hammer will have to eventually come down. Tbh its like a horrible car crash you know you shouldn't look but its hard to take your eyes off it. Sad I'm not sure what will happen next but guaranteed, sparks will fly.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
02-03-2017, 11:46 AM
(01-03-2017 11:34 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  Evolution Kills.. i think it would be best for you to excuse yourself from my thread. and take your I Don't Care Cat OUT of the personal care section. I mean, really. That's hilarious.

I'm on page 6 of this thread and WAS willing to give you the benefit of the doubt until this post. Your opening post resembled very closely that of a troll. I do think people need to be aware of the specific forum they are in and, for that reason, some posts were out of line given that this was originally in the personal issues forum. However, I do understand their reactions given your OP and some subsequent posts.

What bothers me is you seem to just want to blame everyone else for how this thread evolved without recognizing your own responsibility in the matter. Now some people see these things more easily than others so maybe you weren't initially aware of the impact of your posts. However, EvolutionKills was spot on and that should have made it crystal clear. Yet, the quote above was your response. No accepting ANY responsibility. No recognition of any merit in EK's remarks. Not even anything ADDRESSING EK's remarks even to disagree. Only an arrogant dismissal.

And there you lost me.

My very first post in this forum attempted to encourage atheists to me more open-minded and polite with thests and newcomers because I had regularly seen some atheists reflexively piling on just about any theist and even some other atheists who don't use logic as well or at all. (I did not know, however, that most atheists on THIS forum already give due respect to theists who engage in honest, polite discussion.) I still think the same way that I did back then, but I changed one thing. Trolls don't deserve any respect whatsoever from the moment their trolling becomes obvious. Nor do people who are unwilling to engage in HONEST discussion. That's where you come in. Ignoring the truths in what EK said simply because you want be "right" is dishonest.

And so my reading in this thread stops here.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 7 users Like Impulse's post
02-03-2017, 11:53 AM
Your comments and some mods comments in other threads were certainly noted by me and I made an attempt to learn from my mistakes and modify my approach you are a balanced insightful poster Impulse respect is due.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-03-2017, 11:59 AM
Quote:It is sound thinking to monitor your tactics for backfire.

What an interesting thing to say. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-03-2017, 12:11 PM
(02-03-2017 06:42 AM)Leela Wrote:  So let me summarize what I read from your posts:
1. You come to an atheist forum to complain about atheists.
2. You post your rant in the one section where it is not allowed to rant back at you because this is the one section that is supposed to be a safe place.

Now let me ask something (and you might take this as abuse too), do you really think that this gets you anywhere?
Does it help you to go rant and get it echoed back to you in the same intensity?
Why not spare yourself the misery, move on, live a happy life? The reasonable thing, when you dislike a group of people is to stay away from them. So let me ask you, why are you coming to the place that yo , so obviously, despise, and cause yourself more drama? Just move on.

EDIT: Thanks Dom!

After a good nights sleep, and reading your post, i'm gona conclude youre right ftmp. I do not like a group of ppl and that group would be atheists. Few and far between is an atheist that I do like.

I said I found a couple of atheists that are talking to me in a manner I can respond to and for the others to *back off*. And I can only predict *that* didn't happen. Idk what it is... maybe its the "debate maniac" factor.

This is a personal care section and supposedly a safe space *and* the atheists that started off ripping me a new one were wrong *and* they admitted it. This is what I find lacking in my fellow atheists ftmp: an ability to be honest and compassionate.
02-03-2017, 12:16 PM
(02-03-2017 12:11 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 06:42 AM)Leela Wrote:  So let me summarize what I read from your posts:
1. You come to an atheist forum to complain about atheists.
2. You post your rant in the one section where it is not allowed to rant back at you because this is the one section that is supposed to be a safe place.

Now let me ask something (and you might take this as abuse too), do you really think that this gets you anywhere?
Does it help you to go rant and get it echoed back to you in the same intensity?
Why not spare yourself the misery, move on, live a happy life? The reasonable thing, when you dislike a group of people is to stay away from them. So let me ask you, why are you coming to the place that yo , so obviously, despise, and cause yourself more drama? Just move on.

EDIT: Thanks Dom!

After a good nights sleep, and reading your post, i'm gona conclude youre right ftmp. I do not like a group of ppl and that group would be atheists. Few and far between is an atheist that I do like.

I said I found a couple of atheists that are talking to me in a manner I can respond to and for the others to *back off*. And I can only predict *that* didn't happen. Idk what it is... maybe its the "debate maniac" factor.

This is a personal care section and supposedly a safe space *and* the atheists that started off ripping me a new one were wrong *and* they admitted it. This is what I find lacking in my fellow atheists ftmp: an ability to be honest and compassionate.

Trolls and fools does not deserve compassion but rather contempt.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post