Recovery from atheist abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: Recovery from atheist abuse
I hope things can recover from here. I don't know, though. This thread has been quite the roller-coaster to catch up on! Wow
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 12:18 PM
You have now said you are an atheist, and a science savvy theist.
All kinds of atheists criticize other atheists.

Facepalm
[/quote]

Ofc all kinds of atheists criticize other atheists. However, What i'm saying has merit as well. When my opponent blows off my argument by putting the focus on me and inisists I'm a theist, then what i have to say has merit as well.

could it be possible that we both are right? Or do you have to prove yourself right in order to prove me wrong? This is what i can't stand. There are sciences that indicate reason is not a pathway to truth and only a weapon to prove oneself right. I believe it.
02-03-2017, 12:20 PM
(02-03-2017 08:00 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  No wait, Poe?

"I AM AN ATHEIST. I'VE BEEN AN ATHEIST FOR TWO YEARS. I am a geek groupie and savvy enough about science and theoretical physics enough to realize if there was a god, there would be evidence. If there had been a flood, the geological evidence would be overwhelming."

What the fuck is going on?

And here it is: blowing me off by asserting i'm not really an atheist. This is a personal care section and supposed to be a safe space.
02-03-2017, 12:23 PM
THIS IS A PERSONAL CARE SECTION. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SAFE SPACE. I AM SINCERE AND GENUINE AND REACHING OUT.

IF YOU CAN'T RESPOND TO ME WITHOUT TROLLING ME AS A COUPLE OF OTHER ATHEISTS HAVE DONE, THEN YOU ARE NOT WELL SUITED TO ADDRESS ME.

I mean, really.
02-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Your not in the personal problems section anymore I'm afraid, mods decided that given the level of faeces flinging it should be moved.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-03-2017, 12:26 PM
(02-03-2017 12:23 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  THIS IS A PERSONAL CARE SECTION. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SAFE SPACE. I AM SINCERE AND GENUINE AND REACHING OUT.

IF YOU CAN'T RESPOND TO ME WITHOUT TROLLING ME AS A COUPLE OF OTHER ATHEISTS HAVE DONE, THEN YOU ARE NOT WELL SUITED TO ADDRESS ME.

I mean, really.

I'm still willing to listen and hear you but please dial it back a little. Otherwise no one can help you.
02-03-2017, 12:27 PM
(02-03-2017 12:23 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  THIS IS A PERSONAL CARE SECTION. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SAFE SPACE. I AM SINCERE AND GENUINE AND REACHING OUT.

I mean, really.

No such thing as personal care section. You were in Personal Issues and Support, but guess what. You no longer are. Also writing in all caps does not make you more convincing.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
02-03-2017, 12:30 PM
So Geekgroupie, why did you say in your original post that you were a theist?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-03-2017, 12:35 PM
Personal care space as in " I should be able to abuse others as I see fit and not have anyone challenge me" ????? What about others feelings and personal care ???? Lady you seriously need to stop smoking ganja.
02-03-2017, 12:38 PM
The following atheists have responded to me in a manner that shows integrity:

DLJ, Full Circle, Willhopp, Jennybee and Peebothul

these atheists basically apologized to me and asked to start a clean slate. These five ppl are an indication that an ongoing problem is not *all* my fault.

This is a personal care section One should be able to respect the position of this section even if they feel I personally don't deserve respect.

I guess that is too much to expect.