Recovery from atheist abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2016, 10:15 PM
RE: Recovery from atheist abuse
(09-10-2016 09:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Guys, while I agree with the general sentiment, please remember what the purple border indicates.

If someone does a stupid 1-post drive by here, just let it be. The 'Personal Issues and Support' section isn't a place to rip someone a new asshole, no matter how much they might deserve it.

I never even noticed the purple border.

Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 12:44 AM
(09-10-2016 11:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 11:32 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  I'm sorry that you had a bad experience but it sounds like you picked one of the worst possible places to try and have a reasoned debate.

If a rational discussion is what you're after then your best bet around here is to find somebody willing to go one-on-one with you in "The Boxing Ring." Either that or drop somebody a PM.

As a fellow theist, I think I could have a reasoned and impartial discussion with OP. If only he or she wasn't a drive by poster just flailing their arms in a futile effort to fling some "provocative" statement out there without and support or backup.

*meh* I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. No loss if I never hear from them again and they might actually have something to say on the off chance that they return. Some people don't make great first impressions and look like drive-bys. And then some people are drive-bys.

Personally I'm wondering what this "new age atheism" is.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
10-10-2016, 02:19 AM
I would be interested what the definition of a "fundamental" atheist is. Drinking Beverage

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
01-03-2017, 09:47 PM
(08-10-2016 03:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why'd you want to be in the cool gang?

When I was a theist I thought atheists made the best science geeks. Then I started realizing most of the Christians were kinda stupid. I wanted to be friends with the atheists.
01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
We missed you, sweetie. How have you been?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
(08-10-2016 04:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 03:09 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  What happened to me as a science savvy theist on fb who wanted to be in the cool gang is a testimony to the fundamentalism and atrocities of new age atheism

Can you support what you're saying about "new age fundamentalist atheism" with some media that we can review for ourselves?

there's a paper by Jeffrey Nall about fundamental atheism. You can google Westboro atheists, Evangelical atheists and such. There's a cartoon about being an anti fundamentalist atheist who views atheists to be just as annoying as Christians and therefore as found a way to be superior over everyone.

It may be easier to think of it as militant atheists but a fundamental atheism and fundy atheists is more about mirroring the dynamics of fundy xtians.
01-03-2017, 09:57 PM
(08-10-2016 04:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Troll. Drinking Beverage

Come now Chas. As obvious as it is, it's still the personal issues section and we must at least pretend to be nice. Angel

Pretend? Seriously? This is the personal issues section and I am a fellow atheist here. FFs, if this can't be a safe place then this whole thing is a fraud.

At this point, I seriously wish I could go back to being a Christian you guys are such jerk offs. I wish I had never started reading science and making science friends who were all atheists so that I would never have found out about the debate groups. I was happier before. All I get is crap from my fellow atheists. Where else can I meet other atheists? We need to be a supportive community.
01-03-2017, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 10:18 PM by Geekgroupie.)
(08-10-2016 04:30 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  sock? or drive-by?

"wanted to be in the cool gang" sounds familiar.

sock or drive by? Well, I guess you can't recognize your own false dichotomy now can you?

How about... I forgot . I just happened to come across this again. I won't forget now.
01-03-2017, 10:04 PM
(08-10-2016 05:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Come now Chas. As obvious as it is, it's still the personal issues section and we must at least pretend to be nice. Angel

Oops. Sorry about that. Facepalm

You don't have to apologize or pretend to be nice. I'm used to fight club mentality . And it just goes to show how corrupted you atheists are. It wasn't until I could identify as an anti fundamentalist atheist did I get some relief by finding a way to separate myself from creeps you like.
Why is it you guys are seemingly all like? I find about two out of every fifty or so atheists to have any integrity. Seriously so.. after I retire i'm gona start crunching some numbers and get some descriptive statistics going.
01-03-2017, 10:05 PM
(09-10-2016 12:04 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  If it was "anti-theists" I could see a distinction. They are perhaps a subset of atheism, as the violent pro-life sect are a subset of christianity.

Welcome to the world of considered atheism.

that's a typical response I get but atheism and atheists as fundy is more about mirroring the dynamics of Christians.