Recovery from atheist abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2017, 10:06 PM
RE: Recovery from atheist abuse
(01-03-2017 10:00 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  
(08-10-2016 04:30 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  sock? or drive-by?

"wanted to be in the cool gang" sounds familiar.

sock or drive by? Well, I guess you can't recognize your own logical fallacies now can you?

How about... I forgot . I just happened to come across this again. I won't forget now.

It may not be true, but it has nothing to do with "logical fallacies".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-03-2017, 10:07 PM
(09-10-2016 12:51 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Just speaking for myself here but im pretty easily entertained.

So, lets go to the personal issues section for a few laughs, right? That's the kind of integrity you have? No wonder xtians wonder where atheist's morals come from.. I wonder where they are at all.
01-03-2017, 10:11 PM
Can we wipe the slate clean and start over?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like WillHopp's post
01-03-2017, 10:12 PM
(01-03-2017 09:51 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  there's a paper by Jeffrey Nall about fundamental atheism. You can google Westboro atheists, Evangelical atheists and such. There's a cartoon about being an anti fundamentalist atheist who views atheists to be just as annoying as Christians and therefore as found a way to be superior over everyone.

It may be easier to think of it as militant atheists but a fundamental atheism and fundy atheists is more about mirroring the dynamics of fundy xtians.

Well, that sounds stupid. Oh ... I see the problem: Facebook.

Just tell them they're fucking stupid and to fuck off.
Unfriend their dumbasses and don't get your panties in a bunch about it.

Hang out here for a bit.
At least here, you will learn that though there all kinds of atheists, the majority just want people to stop being delusional ignorant - especially in science. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
01-03-2017, 10:13 PM
(09-10-2016 10:15 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 09:46 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Guys, while I agree with the general sentiment, please remember what the purple border indicates.

If someone does a stupid 1-post drive by here, just let it be. The 'Personal Issues and Support' section isn't a place to rip someone a new asshole, no matter how much they might deserve it.

I never even noticed the purple border.

Consider

What may appear as a drive by was an I FORGOT . Ok? And as far as this isn't being the place to rip someone a new asshole.. well, its kinda too late for that now isn't it? And you think I deserve it?

Well, now.. tell me how you justify ripping me up as being deserved? Do you go by feelings? Cuz you know how we atheists feel about that as if you guys were half fukken Vulcan or something.

I did get one email from someone.. i'll have to double check. At least someone made a private attempt to reach out to a fellow atheist who is hurting, dude. You fukken jerk offs are no better than the assholes on FB. And this.. a personal issue section. This is what I call another atrocity of fundamental atheists who are so full of fukken shit. I only hope I have a good reason to apologize to you later.. but I doubt you even want that , now do you? lets just go for the fight club mentality. that's a lot more fun, now isn't it? Yes. i'm pissed. I only wish I could bet money on how you'll respond to this.
01-03-2017, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 10:18 PM by cactus.)
(01-03-2017 10:13 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  What may appear as a drive by was an I FORGOT . Ok?

Ok Smile
What can the rest of the forum do to help aid in your recovery?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
01-03-2017, 10:16 PM
(10-10-2016 12:44 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 11:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  As a fellow theist, I think I could have a reasoned and impartial discussion with OP. If only he or she wasn't a drive by poster just flailing their arms in a futile effort to fling some "provocative" statement out there without and support or backup.

*meh* I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. No loss if I never hear from them again and they might actually have something to say on the off chance that they return. Some people don't make great first impressions and look like drive-bys. And then some people are drive-bys.

Personally I'm wondering what this "new age atheism" is.

If you really want to know what new age atheism is, you can google it. I'll sorta apologize for my current attitude given the type of responses I've received from a personal issues department. I mean, really. You seem kinda borderline but I have learned that status is a huge red flag.
01-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Now.. if I had come in here as a newbie atheist complaining about the abuse I got from xtianity, well then.. its out come the Kleenex. But let a relatively new atheist come in here .. to a personal issues section no doubt... and complain about how I was treated when I was a deconverting theist who WANTED to become an atheist.. and its toughen up motherfucker .

I don't get it. We need to recognize theists who have outstanding signs as a person who is curious and wants to chat. I didn't know I was getting into a shark tank. All my regular friends were atheists and hey.. here is a whole group of them? Kewl.

oh my effing gravity. I didn't deserve it. I had been deconverting for years without realizing it and in retrospect I was THAT close to dumping god all together.

Dudes... At one point I was encouraged to take my own life when my world was crumbling like the twin towers. And I've seen it happen to another theist as well. he was making hysterical threats of self harm and the atheists were encouraging him on . When I called them out they just said, Free speech ,, what a bitch.

Its just to the point I can't even stand to be around atheists in groups cuz you guys just make me more anxious and sick to my stomach. I wish I had never met atheists cuz you guys are so much alike everywhere.... there's so many of you fundy atheists . Its overwhelming. Believe me, i'm not the only atheist who despises atheists. We are few and far between but I may be the silent majority here. I fukken hope so and i'm seriously disappointed in my fellow anti fundamentalist atheists.

and I think i'll shut up now for a bit. I need to hit a fukken blunt or something. fuck off all of you. really.
01-03-2017, 10:27 PM
(01-03-2017 10:16 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  If you really want to know what new age atheism is, you can google it. I'll sorta apologize for my current attitude given the type of responses I've received from a personal issues department. I mean, really. You seem kinda borderline but I have learned that status is a huge red flag.

If you actually want help, you need to put some effort into it.

For starters, we need more than a single throw away sentence of an OP written in gibberish. Second, when people ask you for clarification, telling them to just 'google it' is not helpful. When you use the label 'new age atheism', what do you mean? None of us care what Google brings up, that doesn't really help contextualize what you are talking about. What Same Harris thinks 'new atheism' means is far different than Pat Robertson.

Considering that this post was months old, I'd suggest you just start a new thread, with a more well composed OP.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
01-03-2017, 10:36 PM
A Personal Issues and Support thread from October that got out of hand and has come back to life. Consider

What to do with this? It’s good to see that some of you tried to get the thread back on track.
How about everyone chill out. From here on out we keep in mind this is the Personal Issues and Support section and treat it as such.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post