Recovery from atheist abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 12:02 AM
RE: Recovery from atheist abuse
One can get over passive-aggressive bullshit with time and perhaps professional help.
Of course, one has to want to.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-03-2017, 12:07 AM
(01-03-2017 11:57 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 11:54 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  Please excuse yourself from my thread and please ignore me from now on. Can you block me? I don't know how to do that yet here or if i can. Youre the only one i'm having a problem with at this point. PLEASE.

I don't block people, because I never shy away from criticism. Look in your user CP options (top left, right under your forum account name), there you should find what you need to hide from uncomfortable truth. Drinking Beverage

Well , then.. you want to keep arguing? Is that it? Cuz i don't think youre well-suited to be the one to be reaching out in a personal care section if youre going to start debating a person in crisis, dude. YOur post was way to long for me to even get past the first few sentences that stopped me dead in my tracks. Everyone else that has been responding as enabled me to calm down but you.. you just get me all worked up again. Oh lawd, i mean, really. Then you just have to add some smart ass remark about me needing to hide from uncomfortable truth? Seriously?
02-03-2017, 12:16 AM
(01-03-2017 11:54 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  ...
Please excuse yourself from my thread

What makes you think it's your thread?

If you continue to focus on the negative parts of replies rather than showing some grace by responding to the supportive parts or constructive criticism ... easy for me to throw this thread into the Viper's Pit.

This is only a safe space by social contract ... contracts need two signatories.

Dodgy

[+] 11 users Like DLJ's post
02-03-2017, 12:16 AM
Ok.. EvolutionKills.. i managed to read through your post. All i see basically is defensiveness and blame. Everyone else was kinda like.. ok, can we start over?. I even got some apologies. I think it would be best if we ignored each other.
02-03-2017, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 12:25 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-03-2017 12:07 AM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 11:57 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I don't block people, because I never shy away from criticism. Look in your user CP options (top left, right under your forum account name), there you should find what you need to hide from uncomfortable truth. Drinking Beverage

Well , then.. you want to keep arguing? Is that it? Cuz i don't think youre well-suited to be the one to be reaching out in a personal care section if youre going to start debating a person in crisis, dude. YOur post was way to long for me to even get past the first few sentences that stopped me dead in my tracks. Everyone else that has been responding as enabled me to calm down but you.. you just get me all worked up again. Oh lawd, i mean, really. Then you just have to add some smart ass remark about me needing to hide from uncomfortable truth? Seriously?

If you want a real discussion, and can read more than two sentences at a time before judging/dismissing someone, come on out of the Support Section.

Until then, I hope you find whatever you are looking for. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-03-2017, 12:28 AM
(02-03-2017 12:16 AM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  Ok.. EvolutionKills.. i managed to read through your post. All i see basically is defensiveness and blame. Everyone else was kinda like.. ok, can we start over?. I even got some apologies. I think it would be best if we ignored each other.

Yeah well, I was the first post to defend your right to not get dog-piled on in the Support Section. What did I get for sticking my neck out for you? You treating me like an asshole.

Let me tell you, that does wonders to engender me to your plight. So you must forgive my lack of genuflection upon your return. Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-03-2017, 12:38 AM
Dude... seriously, please ignore me. The other members are apologizing to me and asking, "Can we start over?" Whatever you got going on is not working for me. We are not well-suited for each other and i really don't want to engage with you anymore. As in EVER. I see no hope is us redirecting this in another direction.
02-03-2017, 02:37 AM
(01-03-2017 09:57 PM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  At this point, I seriously wish I could go back to being a Christian you guys are such jerk offs...

I was happier before. All I get is crap from my fellow atheists...

The fact that you say this about de-converting says a lot about you mate. No genuine, committed atheist would ever say that—even in the heat of the moment. I'm guessing that you're still having some regrets about losing the (purported) positive effects of a supportive religious congregation. And you're not fully convinced that atheism is the only path to follow; you're still in a transitional stage maybe?

Whatever... to say, here on an atheist forum, that we're "jerk-offs" is not the way to make friends and influence people! In order to gain some personal reassurances, you need to be far less continually belligerent, and moderate your language. There's really no point in repeatedly insulting people and studiously looking for arguments, plus overusing obscenities in every second comment you post.

I'm sorry that you seem to have got a lot of crap from other atheists, both here and elsewhere, but as they say, these situations do require a bit of give-and-take from both "sides" in order to have a constructive relationship—one atheist does not necessarily hold the same life perspective as another (a point which you seem to be missing).

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-03-2017, 04:12 AM
Wow, just wow, what did I miss here yesterday? Shocking
02-03-2017, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 04:25 AM by Geekgroupie.)
Straight Dinkum

No genuine, committed atheist would say what I've said? That rings of NTS, dude. How committed do i have to be to a definition out of a dictionary? I've been an atheist now for two years and These past two years have been nothing but hate filled and i'm sick of it. That's why i wish i could go back. I didn't used to be this way. I was happier before.

I've met a few nice atheists here on my other thread about your rules of conduct since my little spaz out .....not only did they ask to start over but they apologized. I've learned to recognize signs of integrity in an atheist and i don't see much of it from my point of view. I WAS a victim of atheistic abuse when i was a theist and i do not deserve to be exploited for what happened to me .

fair enough? cuz if it isn't and you can't handle my disposition.. then just let it go. i'll talk to other ppl who seem well=suited to reach out to me.