Recovery from atheist abuse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 04:35 AM
RE: Recovery from atheist abuse
Not sure if your post was aimed at me, I was simply expressing a degree of surprise and shock at the whole thread. Welcome to TTA BTW.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-03-2017, 04:38 AM
Sorry to hear you got abuse on Facebook. Much of social media is a troll-fest.

I have no idea what "new age atheism" is. If a group of atheists decide to do something, that's on them.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
02-03-2017, 04:48 AM
(02-03-2017 04:38 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Sorry to hear you got abuse on Facebook. Much of social media is a troll-fest.

I have no idea what "new age atheism" is. If a group of atheists decide to do something, that's on them.

Yes facebook sucks I don't do facebook at all or twitter.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
02-03-2017, 05:05 AM
(02-03-2017 04:17 AM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  Straight Dinkum

No genuine, committed atheist would say what I've said? That rings of NTS, dude. How committed do I have to be to a definition out of a dictionary?

All I was suggesting is that you're still going through the transitional theist-to-atheist stage. That your overall experiences with atheists/atheism are not the norm. IE: You're not yet fully "committed" to atheism.

Quote:These past two years have been nothing but hate filled and I'm sick of it.

Did it ever occur to you that this alleged "hate" mat be partially due to your own lack of flexibility or unrealistic expectations? Why is it that it's always other peoples' fault that your life is apparently filled with misery and self-loathing? I've been an atheist all my adult life, and I've never once experienced the sort of personal attacks you're experiencing—even from my conservative Christian family or my theist work mates.

Quote:I WAS a victim of atheistic abuse when i was a theist and I do not deserve to be exploited for what happened to me.

Abuse from atheists was totally uncalled for, certainly unrepresentative of the vast majority of atheists, and also something which I've never once resorted to.

I can only suggest that as you seem to be suffering unduly—from a psychological perspective—you may like to seek intervention from a psychologist or counsellor. Converting to atheism shouldn't be causing you all this anger and grief, or for so long. On-line forums are often not the best place to seek resolution to complicated issues.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
02-03-2017, 05:09 AM
(02-03-2017 04:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 04:38 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Sorry to hear you got abuse on Facebook. Much of social media is a troll-fest.

Yes facebook sucks I don't do facebook at all or twitter.

Yeah, I avoid Twitter completely. I barely use facebook, I mostly just use messenger to chat with friends.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2017, 05:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 05:23 AM by Geekgroupie.)
syz STINKY DINKY

I don't see you as the type of person I want to chat with under the circumstances which are not good. Ok? I AM AN ATHEIST. oK? FFs, I've had so many atheists accuse me of being a poe only so they could blow off my arguments. After all, no true atheist criticizes other atheists.

then you say I always blame others? Dude... do you have any idea what doing a good fourth step means? Cuz I learned twenty years ago to get past the blame and I've had twenty years practice at it. You don't know me and that really pisses me off what you said about it always being others fault and self loathing.

Then you give me a complaint and a negative thingy? Dude.... i'm in crisis and this is a personal care section. Youre only aggravating me even further and only cementing in my hatred for atheists. That's called backfire.

Give me a effing break here . That's what this section is supposed to be about. I"ve met a few other atheists who have apologized to me, have asked for a fresh start and they're reaching out to me in a manner than doesn't feel like i'm getting effed up the ass like I feel with you.

Ok? back off. PLEASE.
02-03-2017, 05:24 AM
SYZ STINKY DINK

and at this point, whenever I see that line by line dissection, I get triggered. Seriously so. I effing hate. it.
02-03-2017, 05:31 AM
You're welcome to talk to me geekgroupie I'm sorry you are struggling for whatever reason, I used to be in healthcare like you, I was an RN for a lot of years. I won't try to give you advice but happy to listen and maybe find common ground / struggles. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
02-03-2017, 05:44 AM
(02-03-2017 05:24 AM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  SYZ STINKY DINK

and at this point, whenever I see that line by line dissection, I get triggered. Seriously so. I effing hate. it.

So... you playing games and insulting people is fine, but any perceived insult to you is unforgivable?

Get over yourself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
02-03-2017, 05:45 AM
(02-03-2017 05:19 AM)Geekgroupie Wrote:  I don't see you as the type of person I want to chat with under the circumstances which are not good. Ok? I AM AN ATHEIST. oK? FFs, I've had so many atheists accuse me of being a poe only so they could blow off my arguments. After all, no true atheist criticizes other atheists.

Quote:What happened to me as a science savvy theist on fb who wanted to be in the cool gang is a testimony to the fundamentalism and atrocities of new age atheism

You have now said you are an atheist, and a science savvy theist.
All kinds of atheists criticize other atheists.

Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post