Recovery.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2013, 11:37 AM
RE: Recovery.
(08-05-2013 11:15 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  Yesterday was recovery day 6.
I ate:
  • an apple
  • chicken sandwich and fries
  • and some peanut butter toast.
I ended up puking it all though.
My body just won't let me keep it down.
I went to the bathroom 4 times yesterday to throw up.
2 times food.
2 times just straight blood.

I'm really starting to get scared.
I haven't cut, but I catch myself thinking about doing it quite a lot.
What if I can't do this?

Day 7, today.
I've had:
  • some oreos
  • a peach pie
  • and some chef boyardee.
I haven't puked, but I feel the need to.
I've been thinking about cutting a lot today..

Your body doesn't need the kinds or concentrations of sugars that are in coolies and pies. Stick to fruits for your sweets and avoid the heavy foods like spaghetti sauces and opt for a gut friendly bowl of soup. Ramen, chicken noodle, creme of broccoli... things like that.

You're doing well and of course you want to cut. That's to be expected. The guy who quit smoking wants a cigarette every day, sometimes for months after quitting. The key is to avoid the behavior and the best way to do that is to understand why you want to do it. So keep journaling. Wink

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
08-05-2013, 11:37 AM
That's progress in my book, it's quite normal to have terribly strong urges when you're trying to quit something, but remember that this is not a short term benefit thing, you'll feel better in some time and from that point on it will be easier, but you'll have to weather the storm first. Keep it up! Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
08-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Honestly, though I'm still struggling like hell, I think that the journal along with a few other things are actually helping.

I also made a list of reasons of why I should stop cutting and it seems to be helping.
When I feel the need to cut, I read this.
Why I Should Stop Cutting.

I also have what I call a "hope wall".
I have a wall filled with sticky notes and pictures that help to encourage me.
It helps a little.

The journal and feedback is probably what is helping the most.
So, thank you guys.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

[+] 2 users Like legendoflink's post
08-05-2013, 12:11 PM
(08-05-2013 11:41 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  Honestly, though I'm still struggling like hell, I think that the journal along with a few other things are actually helping.

I also made a list of reasons of why I should stop cutting and it seems to be helping.
When I feel the need to cut, I read this.
Why I Should Stop Cutting.

I also have what I call a "hope wall".
I have a wall filled with sticky notes and pictures that help to encourage me.
It helps a little.

The journal and feedback is probably what is helping the most.
So, thank you guys.

YAY! it's great to read that we can help, now I feel powerful! muahahahha Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
09-05-2013, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 06:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-05-2013 11:15 AM)legendoflink Wrote:  Yesterday was recovery day 6.
I went to the bathroom 4 times yesterday to throw up.
2 times food.
2 times just straight blood.
I'm really starting to get scared.

That is alarming. Far more immediately alarming than cutting. Personally, I'd go straight to the emergency room if it was me. Your stomach and upper digestive tract sound fried and you can't handle solid food. When this happened to Girly a few years ago from severe gastritis (alcohol-induced) they put me on a drug called Carafate which basically acts like a liquid band-aid for the stomach and esophagus giving them time to heal. This is not something to dick around with and hope it goes away or try to deal with yourself. Seek immediate medical attention for this, Sarah. Seriously. Internal bleeding is ignored at one's own peril. If this scares you, it should.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-05-2013, 10:36 PM

I am reporting this thread to the mods in hope that they will close it and delete it. If not, then let this message stand as my professional opinion on this matter. I am a psychiatric registered nurse. I work on the adult unit mostly, but spent a couple of years on the adolescent unit, and still work there when needed. This girl has serious mental health issues, and our attention to her is not helping her, but rather feeding her psychiatric illness.

She is a clear and present danger to herself. Suicide is a leading killer of adolescents. If what she is saying is true, she needs to be taken straight away to an emergency room and committed to a psychiatric facility where she can be properly evaluated and either treated, or commited to a long-term facility until she comes to some different decisions for her life. Her life is at stake. If she is telling the truth, then there is NOTHING we, on this forum, can do about it.

If you know who she is, then call the police and report her. If you don't, her blood is on your hands. If you don't know who she is, then there is NOTHING you are going to say to make her situation better. However, you might make the situation worse by giving her reinforcement in the way of attention.

Her behavior, while being on a razor's edge of actual suicide, is also intended to manipulate people for attention. There are some personality disorders that cause a person to act like that, but I am not qualified to make a diagnosis so I will not even talk about them. What I am qualified to do is share my professional opinion with you that this person is in crisis, needs immediate intervention, and our attention to her is giving her a way of avoiding that. We are hurting her by giving her a forum.

If you want to help her, close this thread and ban her, and let her know that this kind of behavior in this forum is not allowed. You can let her join with another nic, and she can change her behavior, but you should cut this off right now--unless you know who she is, and I already advised what to do about that.

Edward J. Gordon, R.N., B.Sc.
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 11:00 PM
(09-05-2013 10:36 PM)Egor Wrote:  I am reporting this thread to the mods in hope that they will close it and delete it. If not, then let this message stand as my professional opinion on this matter. I am a psychiatric registered nurse. I work on the adult unit mostly, but spent a couple of years on the adolescent unit, and still work there when needed. This girl has serious mental health issues, and our attention to her is not helping her, but rather feeding her psychiatric illness.

She is a clear and present danger to herself. Suicide is a leading killer of adolescents. If what she is saying is true, she needs to be taken straight away to an emergency room and committed to a psychiatric facility where she can be properly evaluated and either treated, or commited to a long term facility until she comes to different decisions for her life. Her life is at stake. If she is telling the truth, then there is NOTHING we, on this forum, can do about it.

If you know who she is, then call the police and report her. If you don't, her blood is on your hands. If you don't know who she is, then there is NOTHING you are going to say to make her situation better. However, you might make the situation worse by giving her reinforcement in the way of attention.

Her behavior, while being on a razor's edge of actual suicide, is also intended to manipulate people for attention. There are some personality disorders that cause a person to act like that, but I am not qualified to make a diagnosis so I will not even talk about them. What I am qualified to do is share my professional opinion with you that this person is in crisis, needs immediate intervention, and our attention to her is giving her a way of avoiding that. We are hurting her by giving her a forum.

If you want to help her, close this thread and ban her, and let her know that this kind of behavior in this forum is not allowed. You can let her join with another nic, and she can change her behavior, but you should cut this off right now--unless you know who she is, and I already advised what to do about that.

Edward J. Gordon, R.N., B.Sc.

Your professional opinion is tainted by your personal bigotries. A person who seeks attention does so because they lack attention, just as a person who seeks water does so from a lack of water.

Your hateful dismissal of this young woman's troubles are the leading cause of these troubles and if you were true to your profession you would realize that abandonment causes abandonment issues, violence causes violence and bigotry causes bigotry.

You want the state to punish a young woman who has been punished her whole life for no valid reason.

Are you really so fucking daft that you cannot see she has been harmed?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
09-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Egor, I respect your professional opinion and actually rather agree with it. I respect what you are saying and your urgency.

However, shouldn't you at least be asking her for her birth date, time (if known), and place so that you can accurately read her stars' positions and know whether or not she'll be okay? I thought you possessed this otherworldly knowledge. Or do you regularly ignore this pertinent information when shit gets real?

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
09-05-2013, 11:22 PM

You two think you know something, and you think you're helping, but you're not.

I'm trying to save her life, and you're in the way of that. You don't mean to be, but you are.

Now, with that, I don't think there's anything else I can add to this string, and I need to back out before I say something I'll regret and let the mods do what the mods will do.

Hasta Luego,

E.
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 11:28 PM
(09-05-2013 11:22 PM)Egor Wrote:  You, two think you know something, and you think you're helping, but you're not.

I'm trying to save her life, and you're in the way of that. You don't mean to be, but you are.

Now, with that, I don't think there's anything else I can add to this string, and I need to back out before I say something I'll regret and let the mods do what the mods will do.

Hasta Luego,

E.

I specifically stated that I agreed with what you posted. I don't know how to help her, other than offer what feeble support I can from my severely limited vantage point.

That being said, my comment to you is meant for the same reason. Just trying to get twisted minds a little untwisted in any way I can. Take it or leave it, man.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street