Red Dead Redemption 2 announced, but no PC confirmation for the time being

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 10:18 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
http://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redempti...ime-being/

Quote: There you have it—after much speculation, teasing, and supposeddomain registration, Red Dead Redemption 2 is happening. For console players. 

"Red Dead Redemption 2 will release worldwide in Fall 2017 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One systems," reads a post on the Rockstar Newswire, alongside some busier sunset artwork than what surfaced the other day. "An epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland, the game's vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."

Hmmm. Do I want to get an Xbox One just for RDR 2? Probably not. Dodgy

Oh well, I'll content myself with Mount and Blade 2, Dishonored 2, etc.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: Red Dead Redemption 2 announced, but no PC confirmation for the time being
Fuck consoles.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
18-10-2016, 10:41 AM
(18-10-2016 10:24 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Fuck consoles.

You mean, fuck buying new consoles. I still have my old ones. Big Grin

18-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Uh... is that a code, if they're really going with that title it's odd. As its actually the 3rd red dead game... red dead redemption was a followup to red dead revolver. But... marketing for sales I guess works better to be dumb and just say 2!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
18-10-2016, 04:05 PM
Quote:Oh well, I'll content myself with Mount and Blade 2

Right! OMG it looks so fucking good. I'm off my tits pumped for that game.

@RD2, I'm pumped for that too. The first one was so good. It was one of the best games of its time.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Actually, what I should have said was "fuck AAA titles". I get more enjoyment out of $15-$30 indie games than I do from $60 AAA games. Even when they finally go on sale after a year I still don't get as much longevity out of them.

Although Red Dead was pretty fun it still didn't get its hooks into me for any huge amount of time.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
18-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Why are they calling it Red Dead Redemption 2? It's going to be the third in the series. Red Dead Revolver was the first.

I'm otherwise excited about this, though. The Red Dead series is fantastic.
18-10-2016, 04:38 PM
I won't be playing it if it's console only, but I'm looking forward to at least watching some Let's Plays or something.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
18-10-2016, 08:53 PM
(18-10-2016 04:12 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Actually, what I should have said was "fuck AAA titles". I get more enjoyment out of $15-$30 indie games than I do from $60 AAA games. Even when they finally go on sale after a year I still don't get as much longevity out of them.

Although Red Dead was pretty fun it still didn't get its hooks into me for any huge amount of time.

I agree. AAA titles especially the cash cows like literally any EA game or Call of Duty, are so overpriced for what they are. A perfect example is SW Battlefront. That game is no better than a Battlefield full conversion mod and looks like someones after college project, not a full development teams paid job.

These big publishers are ruining games, sucking the quality out of them.
It's the same for movies and TV. Warner Brothers for example ruined Suicide Squad. I mean, I enjoyed the movie BUT from what I read what the director wanted to do versus what WB made him do, it could have been phenomenal if they kept their mouth shut.

This is why indie games are so fun. Because the people making them aren't dictated too by major corporations that don't give a shit and they're made by people that wanna make a great game not a cash cow.

I think a lot of AAA titles are deserving of that title "AAA" (The Witcher 3 for example, MGS5, GTA5 stuff like that), but A LOT are not. They get classified as AAA simply because they're published or made by a major company, doesn't mean they're good.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-10-2016, 05:45 PM
Red Dead is the best Texas Hold 'Em game ever made. Tongue

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post