Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains of Egyptian Army From the Biblical Exodus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains of Egyptian Army From the Biblical Exodus
So this popped up on my Facebook feed from my mom today:

And doing a brief search revealed this:

Not True: Remains of Ancient Egyptian Army Found in Red Sea

Quote:Archaeologist have not discovered the remains of an ancient Egyptian army in the Red Sea which proves the Biblical Exodus. This is a fictional news article from a satire site called World News Daily Report.

And another popular hoax from World News Daily that gets reposted too much:

And a quick search reveals this:

Rumor: Archaeologists have discovered Pharaoh's chariot and the bones of horses and men under the Red Sea.

Quote:Despite WNDR's framing of the alleged "discovery" as recent and newly announced, reports of divers finding chariot wheels and the like under the Red Sea are a hoax that has been promulgated for many years now. The WNDR article's use of language such as "this morning" and its claims that a team of "underwater archeologists" in Egypt responsible for the discovery are planning to recover more artifacts from the site reinvigorated interest in the long-discredited rumor, but the details are not only fabricated, they've simply been recycled from past claims and appended with more recent dates. In October 2015, the equally dubious web site Disclose.TV once again jump-started the phony rumors by republishing the year-old fake World News Daily Report article.

And of course, the Noah's Ark found hoax

Which a lot of this comes from Noah's Ark Ministry International hoax.

Oh and Ewan McGregor is not Jesus. (Yes this has been posted by some people on Facebook): Facepalm

[Image: 2d84d3aa07e8197c2da9f878eabf44210d59c086...d137_1.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like TheInquisition's post
07-11-2016, 07:10 AM
RE: Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains of Egyptian Army From the Biblical Exodus
Yes, the inexorable rise of fake news is indeed a challenge. I find myself dumbstruck at how easily people are fooled, and then wonder to myself if I've been the unwitting victim of something similar.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 3 users Like Silly Deity's post
07-11-2016, 07:12 AM
RE: Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains of Egyptian Army From the Biblical Exodus
I used to go to a pretty conservative forum -- and I loved it when some doink would post something, sourced from "Weird News Daily" (as I call it..)

It made it a great target -- that was easy to hit...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
07-11-2016, 07:16 AM
(07-11-2016 06:47 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So this popped up on my Facebook feed from my mom today:

Quote:Archaeologist have not discovered the remains of an ancient Egyptian army in the Red Sea which proves the Biblical Exodus. This is a fictional news article from a satire site called World News Daily Report.

Rumor: Archaeologists have discovered Pharaoh's chariot and the bones of horses and men under the Red Sea.

Quote:Despite WNDR's framing of the alleged "discovery" as recent and newly announced, reports of divers finding chariot wheels and the like under the Red Sea are a hoax that has been promulgated for many years now. The WNDR article's use of language such as "this morning" and its claims that a team of "underwater archeologists" in Egypt responsible for the discovery are planning to recover more artifacts from the site reinvigorated interest in the long-discredited rumor, but the details are not only fabricated, they've simply been recycled from past claims and appended with more recent dates. In October 2015, the equally dubious web site Disclose.TV once again jump-started the phony rumors by republishing the year-old fake World News Daily Report article.

Oh and Ewan McGregor is not Jesus. (Yes this has been posted by some people on Facebook): Facepalm

The Red Sea ?? Well what were they doing looking in there? They should be looking in the Reed Sea, Yam souph, which is where the Torah says they would be.
[+] 8 users Like Aliza's post
07-11-2016, 07:49 AM
Archaeologists Discover Remains of Egyptian Army From the Biblical Exodus
(07-11-2016 07:16 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(07-11-2016 06:47 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  So this popped up on my Facebook feed from my mom today:

The Red Sea ?? Well what were they doing looking in there? They should be looking in the Reed Sea, Yam souph, which is where the Torah says they would be.

Yeah, and it's like these stigmata that people will show in the palms of their hands, crucifixion would put nails through the wrists or use ropes to secure the arms to the cross.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
07-11-2016, 07:55 AM
It would have been nice if they'd hung Jesus instead of crucified...

Then you'd be able to spot all the morons - by the ornamental nooses around their necks...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 8 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-11-2016, 07:00 PM
(07-11-2016 07:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It would have been nice if they'd hung Jesus instead of crucified...

Then you'd be able to spot all the morons - by the ornamental nooses around their necks...

Big Grin

I own one. It's called a "tie". Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 5 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
07-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Jesus on his way to see the money changers at the Temple.

[Image: ilobi-wan.jpg]

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
07-11-2016, 07:33 PM
This isn't even news in Batshit circles. Ron Wyatt and Bob Cornulke - two jesus freak assholes of the worst degree - have made this claim and they weren't joking.

I suspect what they were trying to do is get suckers to send them money. Church types are the perfect example of fools and their money soon being parted.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
07-11-2016, 09:27 PM
(07-11-2016 07:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It would have been nice if they'd hung Jesus instead of crucified...

Big Grin

It would have been even funnier if the Romans had impaled him.

How many of the faithful would walk around with a sharp stake up their ass?

Heh.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post