Red heifer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Red heifer
So... Here we go.
I understand that the red heifer, perfect in all ways, is essential to sacrifices in Israel?
My thing is.. I think this is a prophecy right? That they need these things to just show up in this one area to complete it.
From what I understand about how they obtained the red heifer.. Basically making one over here I think and having it shipped over there.. Can you really consider that prophecy fulfilled?
I just think it's weird how it's being forced and they are accepting it as fulfilled. But one athiest friend I have said a lot of prophecies are forced.
Is this right??
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 06:59 PM
RE: Red heifer
There are about one-and-a-half billion cows on this planet, many with ruddish fur. I wouldn't put much significance on one showing up at one particular location or another.

I'm not sure I've heard of the particular prophecy that you're talking about, but I tend not to put too much steak in the mundane grumblings of soothsayers.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
11-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Holy Cow! Red Heifer Born in the US

“This is the statute of the law that the Lord has commanded: Tell the people of Israel to bring you a red heifer without defect, in which there is no blemish, and on which a yoke has never come.” (Numbers 19:2)

Why does a god need a red heifer? Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
11-05-2016, 07:04 PM
(11-05-2016 06:59 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  There are about one-and-a-half billion cows on this planet, many with ruddish fur. I wouldn't put much significance on one showing up at one particular location or another.

I'm not sure I've heard of the particular prophecy that you're talking about, but I tend not to put too much steak in the mundane grumblings of soothsayers.

Yeah.. I just remember my preacher being super excited about it. And also remembering this being the first time I really questioned my beliefs. The fact that they were talking about shipping the cow to be sacrificed. If God was real wouldn't he put it where it needs to be? If they actually had faith at all, why force it?
11-05-2016, 07:12 PM
(11-05-2016 07:02 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Holy Cow! Red Heifer Born in the US

“This is the statute of the law that the Lord has commanded: Tell the people of Israel to bring you a red heifer without defect, in which there is no blemish, and on which a yoke has never come.” (Numbers 19:2)

Lol that cow didn't make the cut.
11-05-2016, 07:15 PM
(11-05-2016 07:02 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Holy Cow! Red Heifer Born in the US

And no one is making a ginger joke? Tongue

I'll just step out...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-05-2016, 07:15 PM
I have read about Evangelical groups who go out of their way to raise money and send Jews from their current country to Israel to help fulfill "God's promise". Many Christians feel it's important for as many of the Israelites to return to help start the end times and the rapture. It's a pre-requisite of sorts, so even though you will hear many Christians talking about how so many Jews are settling in Israel and how this is the sign that Christ will return, it's totally being forced and in no way is a divine act. Especially considering that they are supposed to be living in peace among their neighbors and that's depressingly inaccurate and the land is supposed to be larger but still theists will force their prophecies to come true if need be.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
11-05-2016, 07:18 PM
(11-05-2016 07:15 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I have read about Evangelical groups who go out of their way to raise money and send Jews from their current country to Israel to help fulfill "God's promise". Many Christians feel it's important for as many of the Israelites to return to help start the end times and the rapture. It's a pre-requisite of sorts, so even though you will hear many Christians talking about how so many Jews are settling in Israel and how this is the sign that Christ will return, it's totally being forced and in no way is a divine act. Especially considering that they are supposed to be living in peace among their neighbors and that's depressingly inaccurate and the land is supposed to be larger but still theists will force their prophecies to come true if need be.

That makes me crazy! Like gods timing is perfect but here let me help him out.. Or God knows what he's doing but he needs a red cow now!
Do you even have the faith you are preaching so hard about??
11-05-2016, 07:23 PM
Why do you guys think prophesies have to be fulfilled divinely? .... I guess what I'm asking is what criteria are you using to come to this conclusion?
11-05-2016, 07:34 PM
(11-05-2016 07:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Why do you guys think prophesies have to be fulfilled divinely? .... I guess what I'm asking is what criteria are you using to come to this conclusion?

Because the bible tells me so.
I'm kidding that was just the answer that popped in my head.
I have nothing.