Red heifer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 06:46 AM
RE: Red heifer
(12-05-2016 06:32 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:29 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  What'd you say about my mama!?

Tongue

There's one ......

Your mama a heifer???

Jesus Christ...

Big Grin

Laugh out load

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 06:57 AM
(11-05-2016 07:02 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Holy Cow! Red Heifer Born in the US

“This is the statute of the law that the Lord has commanded: Tell the people of Israel to bring you a red heifer without defect, in which there is no blemish, and on which a yoke has never come.” (Numbers 19:2)

Why does a god need a red heifer? Facepalm

Wrong question. Why does god need a starship?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
12-05-2016, 08:00 AM
(12-05-2016 06:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Betting that most people don't even know what a heifer is.............

I've known since I was a kid. Granted, I hadn't seen it written down, so the first time I encountered it in writing, I was confused. I would have assumed that "i" was supposed to be another "f".
12-05-2016, 08:21 AM
(12-05-2016 08:00 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Betting that most people don't even know what a heifer is.............

I've known since I was a kid. Granted, I hadn't seen it written down, so the first time I encountered it in writing, I was confused. I would have assumed that "i" was supposed to be another "f".

Dunno...

The world according to spellcheck...

Wink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-05-2016, 08:58 AM
It has to do with the supposed prophecy of a new temple being built in Jerusalem to signal the end times. According to the Old Testament supposedly, in order for a temple to function, a red heifer needs to be sacrificed in it to "cleanse the water".

http://www.gotquestions.org/red-heifer.html

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-05-2016, 09:30 AM
(12-05-2016 06:57 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

“This is the statute of the law that the Lord has commanded: Tell the people of Israel to bring you a red heifer without defect, in which there is no blemish, and on which a yoke has never come.” (Numbers 19:2)

Wrong question. Why does god need a starship?

I was thinking that very question when I asked that. Laugh out loadLaugh out load

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
12-05-2016, 09:48 AM
(12-05-2016 08:58 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It has to do with the supposed prophecy of a new temple being built in Jerusalem to signal the end times. According to the Old Testament supposedly, in order for a temple to function, a red heifer needs to be sacrificed in it to "cleanse the water".

How does dead meat clean water?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
12-05-2016, 09:52 AM

That one is easy. "He(God) glories in the smell of its burning." Leastwise that is what the book says.
12-05-2016, 10:05 AM
(12-05-2016 09:48 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:58 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It has to do with the supposed prophecy of a new temple being built in Jerusalem to signal the end times. According to the Old Testament supposedly, in order for a temple to function, a red heifer needs to be sacrificed in it to "cleanse the water".

How does dead meat clean water?

I don't know, I didn't come up with this stuff lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
12-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Blood - we still don't like seeing blood today, but back in the day, it was a lot more impressive. Bleeding meant that there was a good chance of infection and death. Probably the most common cause of death back then.

That's probably why bloodshed is so often connected wit religious rituals - please take that animal's blood instead of mine.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man