Red heifer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2016, 10:32 AM
RE: Red heifer
(12-05-2016 10:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  Blood - we still don't like seeing blood today, but back in the day, it was a lot more impressive. Bleeding meant that there was a good chance of infection and death. Probably the most common cause of death back then.

That's probably why bloodshed is so often connected wit religious rituals - please take that animal's blood instead of mine.

I take it you're not a fan of "The Walking Dead".

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 11:01 AM
(12-05-2016 09:52 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  That one is easy. "He(God) glories in the smell of its burning." Leastwise that is what the book says.

Well, that odor does please him. Mysterious ways and tastes.
12-05-2016, 11:37 AM
(11-05-2016 08:14 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The bible tells a story of a god who is increasingly taking a step backwards and letting humanity plot their own course.

Relying on a god to do things for you is the exact opposite of what Judaism teaches.

Tired of these rampant diseases? Let's make cures and vaccines.
Want to end hunger? Go develop GMOs and create a plan to get food to everyone.
Need to educate the entire world at once? Invent Google!
Tired of natural disasters? Let’s figure out how to control the weather.

A god USED to do these things? Facepalm

I definitely think humanity working out its problems without depending on divine assistance is the right outlook, it has worked stupendously well, but your spelling it out in such clear terms raises the question:

If we ditch god, ditch god. Why keep one around? What's left for a god to do for you that you can't work out for yourself?
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
12-05-2016, 11:41 AM
(12-05-2016 11:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 09:52 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  That one is easy. "He(God) glories in the smell of its burning." Leastwise that is what the book says.

Well, that odor does please him. Mysterious ways and tastes.

Can't even trust god to cook a steak.

[Image: steak-2.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
12-05-2016, 01:24 PM
(11-05-2016 08:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  Don't you guys watch South Park? Tongue

Too busy watching Red Dwarf. Tongue

13-05-2016, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2016 07:21 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(11-05-2016 06:54 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So... Here we go.
I understand that the red heifer, perfect in all ways, is essential to sacrifices in Israel?
My thing is.. I think this is a prophecy right? That they need these things to just show up in this one area to complete it.
From what I understand about how they obtained the red heifer.. Basically making one over here I think and having it shipped over there.. Can you really consider that prophecy fulfilled?
I just think it's weird how it's being forced and they are accepting it as fulfilled. But one athiest friend I have said a lot of prophecies are forced.
Is this right??

They have been working hard to create the red heifer for some time now, so as to usher in the end times Rolleyes I did some research on that long ago....let me go peek at my files.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
13-05-2016, 07:12 PM
(11-05-2016 07:02 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Holy Cow! Red Heifer Born in the US

“This is the statute of the law that the Lord has commanded: Tell the people of Israel to bring you a red heifer without defect, in which there is no blemish, and on which a yoke has never come.” (Numbers 19:2)

Why does a god need a red heifer? Facepalm

Or a starship?

[Image: 009f82a07d9cf91a4c475b7e94d43fe1.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
13-05-2016, 07:16 PM
(12-05-2016 06:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Betting that most people don't even know what a heifer is.............

(don't cheat and Google it...... Just admit it, city boy...)

Big Grin

Grandpa was a farmer...raised dairy cattle...dad was a large animal veterinarian...I didn't have to google it. I did wonder who would have to look it up. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-05-2016, 07:37 PM
(13-05-2016 07:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:26 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Betting that most people don't even know what a heifer is.............

(don't cheat and Google it...... Just admit it, city boy...)

Big Grin

Grandpa was a farmer...raised dairy cattle...dad was a large animal veterinarian...I didn't have to google it. I did wonder who would have to look it up. Big Grin

I was gonna say...what? Who doesn't know what a heifer is?

But then I remembered that I was born and raised in Kansas... Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
13-05-2016, 07:54 PM
(12-05-2016 11:41 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 11:01 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Well, that odor does please him. Mysterious ways and tastes.

Can't even trust god to cook a steak.

[Image: steak-2.jpg]

Drooling I haven't had steak in weeks.

I always took that to mean that the peeps were doing some grillin' and sent the smoke up to the ghost. Makes as much sense as any of the rest of it. god(s) get the smoke, and I get the MEAT (channeling Kowalski from Ren & Stimpy, at the moment, from the sight of that steak. Only Ren & Stimpy episode I have seen).