Redeveloping my worldview

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2013, 06:42 AM
RE: Redeveloping my worldview
(11-07-2013 08:49 PM)Derek Hammar Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 07:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Welcome to reality, it's much nicer here than fantasyland. So what other political lies do you need dispelled?

Well, I've been told that most people who receive handouts from the government don't even try to get a job, and if this is the case I really am against giving them money. People shouldn't be able to do nothing all day and still get money, unless of course they are trying to get a job, or don't have enough to support a family despite a job. I've been told that big government is bad, that the Iraq war was just (come to think of it, i'm not even sure why we had the war, just that I've been told it was okay. I've been told that a government funded healthcare would dramatically increase taxes, some countries paying up to 50% of their income to taxes. If that is the case, I'm not sure how I feel on it. On one hand, I never get sick, so I wouldn't need healthcare. On the other hand, some people may need it, and if they can't afford it, we should all help pitch in. I have been told that if there was government healthcare, the quality would go down (idk why), and that there would be a long waiting line, as much as a month. That's all for now, it's a pretty long list so good luck and thank you so much!

The United States spends less on medical care than other nations around the globe.

[Image: gov-spending-on-health-care-xlsx.jpg]

It also ranks only 37 according to the World Health Organization for medical care, yet we are supposed to be the richest nation on Earth?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 06:46 AM
(11-07-2013 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-07-2013 05:03 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Companies are not hurting for money while the transition is made.

[Image: household-incomes-mean-nominal.gif]

The average worker's wage has been relatively stagnant for almost 40 years and it has not kept up with worker productivity.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiIpNCy4xC849f7ktchLY...3j6KKt8UGw]

But that should be expected when labor unions lose power.

[Image: unions_chart1.jpg]

The nation's overall economic growth:

[Image: ecc1_5-eng.gif]

Look here bub, if your gonna keep showing me up by tripling your charts after I post my citations we gonna rumble. Smile

13-07-2013, 07:32 PM
I've got another question. I voiced the facts on raising the minimum wage to my mother, and of course she was against raising the min wage. She said that most people on min wage were children, and by raising ,im wage, you would lessen the money paid to adult's raising families. I figured I'd ask you guys, as you always site sources so I can verifyAngel, rather than being expected to blindly believeBowing. Thank you all so much, you have an unbelievably great influence on me.

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. -Laurence J. Peter
13-07-2013, 08:17 PM
(13-07-2013 07:32 PM)Derek Hammar Wrote:  I've got another question. I voiced the facts on raising the minimum wage to my mother, and of course she was against raising the min wage. She said that most people on min wage were children, and by raising ,im wage, you would lessen the money paid to adult's raising families. I figured I'd ask you guys, as you always site sources so I can verifyAngel, rather than being expected to blindly believeBowing. Thank you all so much, you have an unbelievably great influence on me.

Refer her to the previous arguments to show that what she is saying is borderline insane (don't say that) and she has no understanding of how economics work.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-07-2013, 06:11 AM
(13-07-2013 07:32 PM)Derek Hammar Wrote:  I've got another question. I voiced the facts on raising the minimum wage to my mother, and of course she was against raising the min wage. She said that most people on min wage were children, and by raising ,im wage, you would lessen the money paid to adult's raising families. I figured I'd ask you guys, as you always site sources so I can verifyAngel, rather than being expected to blindly believeBowing. Thank you all so much, you have an unbelievably great influence on me.

Actually, your mother is completely wrong. There is absolutely no truth in what she said at all. According to the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, those hourly wage workers under the age of 25 only make up 1/5th of those working on minimum wage. In addition, most of them make under minimum wage.

15-07-2013, 07:05 AM
(15-07-2013 06:11 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Actually, your mother is completely wrong. There is absolutely no truth in what she said at all. According to the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, those hourly wage workers under the age of 25 only make up 1/5th of those working on minimum wage. In addition, most of them make under minimum wage.

Actually, according to the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics "Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly paid workers, they made up about half of those paid the federal minimum wage or less." http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2013/ted_20130325.htm

Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. -Laurence J. Peter
15-07-2013, 04:21 PM
(15-07-2013 07:05 AM)Derek Hammar Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 06:11 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Actually, your mother is completely wrong. There is absolutely no truth in what she said at all. According to the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics, those hourly wage workers under the age of 25 only make up 1/5th of those working on minimum wage. In addition, most of them make under minimum wage.

Actually, according to the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics "Minimum wage workers tend to be young. Although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly paid workers, they made up about half of those paid the federal minimum wage or less." http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2013/ted_20130325.htm

That really doesn't discredit my point.