Reform is always needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2011, 09:26 PM

Reform is always needed
Here in America, unless you are a politician yourself, it's very hard for a citizen to have much say in the laws and reforms. For example I'd love to make reform of the new DMV law over M2 licenses.

I've even sent emails to my local and state representatives on the issue. With absolutely no response, not that I expected any as it is. The problem is that reform is always needed, and sometimes people like me, who have decent ideas, can't do much in order to make that reform happen.

I wish there was more I could do with my ideas Undecided
Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2011, 09:49 PM
RE: Reform is always needed
Spread them and gather interest, for something like this liscensing issue you bring facts about states that don't do it and wait a bit to have proof of scooter sales due to the law. Or look to see if any states have tried this before yours. You might have a good bit of info on the subject. It doesn't always help the situation but giving representatives serious information tends to go better than just discussing your ideas. Also you may easily be able to find a group already working to deal with the issue if it is really in the way. Not having a drivers liscense I understand your pain for simply wanting to not walk.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2011, 10:02 PM
RE: Reform is always needed
You can usually go to your state capital and I believe they have presentations to the state legislature there. There is a way to voice your ideas to your state, you just need to find out the process and prepare a presentation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply