Refutation of Common Sense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2010, 12:09 PM

Refutation of Common Sense
People of Earth, this is your God speaking--if you don't care for that name, use whichever one's your favorite--and I'm here to tell you the Good News:

There is more to life than that which we can sense with our eyes, our ears, our noses, our tongues or our fingertips--there are non-sensible entities and artifacts inside you, beside you, outside you and all around you.
These things you can't know of are more important than the simple world of your senses--nothing that seems to matter to you who live on the Earth is of any real importance--only the unseen and unknown have any value.

Also, when one of you stops breathing and starts rotting it may seem as if their life has ended, that your connection to them has been severed. But nothing could be further from the truth--the so-called 'dead' are still living, they're still with you and, at the same time, they are in a better place (except for the sinners) enjoying an eternity of peace and plenty and rapture.

I've noticed that some of you have been imprisoning others who talk to themselves and have no sense of reality--this must stop at once--you should all be talking to me all the time, even if it seems like you're talking to yourself. Talking to each other is okay, within limits (don't forget about the tower of Babel!) but it doesn't accomplish nearly as much as when you speak to me.

Lastly, I want to remind all of you of my smitings and such (as recounted in the Old Testament) and tell you not to be such sissies about violence. Whenever anyone tries to argue with you about Me, I want you to feel free to kill'em. Just kill'em all--that's what I like to do, so it's fine with me if you all do the same!

Well, that's about all... O, one last thing--women are evil.Rolleyes
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2010, 12:16 PM

RE: Refutation of Common Sense
Dear Irving,
(You did say any name would do)

Prove it!
We're still waiting.

And, women are living proof there is a Goddess. Because without us, men wouldn't exist to make up silly gibberish about god fables and our evil. Tongue
28-10-2010, 02:10 AM
Yeh, yeh. Sure, sure. Over. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2010, 10:19 AM

OK -if that's how you feel--I thought it was funny as hell, but people don't always get my jokes...
28-10-2010, 11:19 AM

(28-10-2010 10:19 AM)xperdunn Wrote:  OK -if that's how you feel--I thought it was funny as hell, but people don't always get my jokes...

I got your joke. We're just playing along.
Because
the snake made me say that.
Damn her! *munches apple* Dammmnnnn herrrrr Mmmm tasty.
29-10-2010, 12:11 AM
(28-10-2010 10:19 AM)xperdunn Wrote:  OK -if that's how you feel--I thought it was funny as hell, but people don't always get my jokes...

I got your joke, too. My posted reaction was based on the idea of how I might respond if I took your post seriously. I placed a Tongue to let you, and others, know that I was playing along. You do have to admit that that post quite accurately imitated real theist's challenges and could easily have been seen as the real thing. If you want to mirror reality that closely in your humor you may as well expect some to miss the joke entirely and think you are a theist trying to save them, or condemn them. These guys Tongue Sad Shy Huh Confused etc. are there to do our body language for us because the computer can't telegraph it to you for us.
29-10-2010, 12:24 AM

(29-10-2010 12:11 AM)No J. Wrote:  

I got your joke, too. My posted reaction was based on the idea of how I might respond if I took your post seriously. I placed a Tongue to let you, and others, know that I was playing along. You do have to admit that that post quite accurately imitated real theist's challenges and could easily have been seen as the real thing. If you want to mirror reality that closely in your humor you may as well expect some to miss the joke entirely and think you are a theist trying to save them, or condemn them. These guys Tongue Sad Shy Huh Confused etc. are there to do our body language for us because the computer can't telegraph it to you for us.
It's those little visuals of what you look like right now, in your computer room, that makes me giggle. Tongue
29-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:the so-called 'dead' are still living
You mean the living dead? Like zombies? Isn't halloween near?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
12-11-2010, 12:25 PM
(29-10-2010 02:16 PM)Kikko Wrote:  
Quote:the so-called 'dead' are still living
You mean the living dead? Like zombies? Isn't halloween near?

Wohooo ... I knew all that Left 4 Dead would pay off at some point.
Also , may Gorge Romero be blessed for warning us.
10-12-2010, 02:17 PM

proof of Refutation of Common Sense
1) the 2000 election
2) the 2004 election
3) McBush picking Palin as a running mate
4) bible sales figures
5) warning labels on guns cigarettes and booze