Refuting Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2010, 09:53 PM

Refuting Atheism
Neuroscience, quantum physics, and metaphysical conclusions today consistently point towards a perceptive (or subjective) universe. What this means for atheists (I am very sorry...) is that the incongruous nature of the literal interpretation of the bible superimposed on science is not a valid argument; subjectivity is the guiding force in our 'universe', and so we reach again the conclusion that religion and atheism are both assumptions. Nice try guys!
Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2010, 10:28 PM
RE: Refuting Atheism
That was a lot of fancy words to make a fallacious argument. Atheism cannot be an assumption as it asserts nothing. Nice try, guy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2010, 11:12 PM

I'm new here, so ... is this the classy fella commonly referred to as "the boobquake guy?"
21-10-2010, 12:20 AM
No, the boobquake guy doesn't seem to be intellegent enough to make a statement like that. Frederick is at least capable of making a good sounding "baffle them with bullshit" type statement.
21-10-2010, 02:14 AM
(20-10-2010 09:53 PM)frederick_wittman Wrote:  Neuroscience, quantum physics, and metaphysical conclusions today consistently point towards a perceptive (or subjective) universe. What this means for atheists (I am very sorry...) is that the incongruous nature of the literal interpretation of the bible superimposed on science is not a valid argument; subjectivity is the guiding force in our 'universe', and so we reach again the conclusion that religion and atheism are both assumptions. Nice try guys!

Sick rap, ma'nigga.
Riveting tale, chap.
Cool story, bro.
Fantastic novel, sir.
Wizard poem, mister.

All of these you've heard before. :3

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
21-10-2010, 09:01 AM
(20-10-2010 09:53 PM)frederick_wittman Wrote:  Neuroscience, quantum physics, and metaphysical conclusions today consistently point towards a perceptive (or subjective) universe.

No, they don't.

Quote:What this means for atheists (I am very sorry...) is that the incongruous nature of the literal interpretation of the bible superimposed on science is not a valid argument; subjectivity is the guiding force in our 'universe', and so we reach again the conclusion that religion and atheism are both assumptions. Nice try guys!

[Image: 20100923.gif]

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
21-10-2010, 09:02 AM
(20-10-2010 11:12 PM)athnostic Wrote:  I'm new here, so ... is this the classy fella commonly referred to as "the boobquake guy?"

No. That's David Mabus.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
21-10-2010, 09:45 AM
(21-10-2010 09:01 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  [Image: 20100923.gif]

This reminds me of the time I offended a furry by saying that canines are not the dominant species, humans are.
"Canines are in charge! Your 'facts' are not real! We are both wrong then, AGREE?!!!?!"

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
21-10-2010, 02:42 PM

The pretentious laws of Humor-dynamics says Fred is sorry. He burned irretrievable moments of his one chance in a lifetime, to register at this forum just to say nothing substantial.
[Image: 10.gif]
21-10-2010, 02:50 PM
(20-10-2010 09:53 PM)frederick_wittman Wrote:  Neuroscience, quantum physics, and metaphysical conclusions today consistently point towards a perceptive (or subjective) universe. What this means for atheists (I am very sorry...) is that the incongruous nature of the literal interpretation of the bible superimposed on science is not a valid argument; subjectivity is the guiding force in our 'universe', and so we reach again the conclusion that religion and atheism are both assumptions. Nice try guys!

Ok, is this argument objective or subjective? If this is objective then not all things are subjective and your argument is a lie. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user