Refuting the Bible Answers (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: Refuting the Bible Answers (Again)
(24-01-2014 11:46 AM)Question Everything Wrote:  I have a question for all Calvinists. I was brought up a devout Bible believing Charismatic christian. (AOG would describe me well, even though I never was an official member of an Assemblies church, the churches I was a member of believed and worshipped in exactly the same way that AOG did.) I wanted to love and serve God all my life, and I begged him again and again to please tell me what he wanted me to do with my life, but never got an answer. I then decided to investigate just how it is that God communicates with humans (an audible voice? pen on paper without a human touching the pen? skywriting?), and after many years of praying, seeking and searching finally just gave it all up and became an atheist.

My question to you is how you can consider a god that treats me with such unfair and calloused disregard and disrespect to be worthy of your worship?

Why do so many people want God to send them some special lightning bolt with the outline of their life on it and what special thing he wants them to do?

Love Life and live it to the fullest. Follow your freaking passion. If its causing you to sin, guess what... wrong one. Share the Good News of Jesus whenever you can.

Everybody isn't going to have a special call on their life.

The answer was in the book you claimed. Did you even bother reading it or was the answer too easy for you to accept?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2014, 05:14 PM
(26-01-2014 04:15 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 11:46 AM)Question Everything Wrote:  I have a question for all Calvinists. I was brought up a devout Bible believing Charismatic christian. (AOG would describe me well, even though I never was an official member of an Assemblies church, the churches I was a member of believed and worshipped in exactly the same way that AOG did.) I wanted to love and serve God all my life, and I begged him again and again to please tell me what he wanted me to do with my life, but never got an answer. I then decided to investigate just how it is that God communicates with humans (an audible voice? pen on paper without a human touching the pen? skywriting?), and after many years of praying, seeking and searching finally just gave it all up and became an atheist.

My question to you is how you can consider a god that treats me with such unfair and calloused disregard and disrespect to be worthy of your worship?

Why do so many people want God to send them some special lightning bolt with the outline of their life on it and what special thing he wants them to do?

Love Life and live it to the fullest. Follow your freaking passion. If its causing you to sin, guess what... wrong one. Share the Good News of Jesus whenever you can.

Everybody isn't going to have a special call on their life.

The answer was in the book you claimed. Did you even bother reading it or was the answer too easy for you to accept?

Since there is absolutely no evidence for your God, or any god, I don't believe in any gods or in sin.

I will live my life to its fullest, and share the fascinating news of science.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2014, 05:15 PM
(26-01-2014 04:15 PM)anidominus Wrote:  The answer was in the book you claimed. Did you even bother reading it or was the answer too easy for you to accept?

I gotta say anusdomius these two fit you to a T.

"It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."
Mark Twain

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
Mark Twain

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-01-2014, 06:25 PM
(26-01-2014 04:15 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Why do so many people want God to send them some special lightning bolt with the outline of their life on it and what special thing he wants them to do?
You would do well to take that question from the rhetorical and place it in the practical.
Apply it to yourself, you'll be one tiny step closer to understanding your fellow man. Although there's real danger that it will lead you to being a more well-rounded human being. One that would certainly be ashamed to post this:
anidominus Wrote:The answer was in the book you claimed. Did you even bother reading it or was the answer too easy for you to accept?

I loath the mindset that would post this shit. It disgusts me to no end, that you people speak of "the gospel" and then use it as a club.
I detest the pain that you cause people. How you point fault to the nonbeliever and worse, blame on someone who no longer believes. I guarantee that your last keystroke of that post was enthusiastic and full of the self-righteous feeling that you animals just can't seem to get enough of.

You're all so full of the need to be right, that you're oblivious to even the rudimentary decency that should be considered of anyone other than yourselves.

anidominus Wrote:Love Life and live it to the fullest. Follow your freaking passion. If its causing you to sin, guess what... wrong one.
Save your fortune cookie advice. The person you're responding to is an atheist now, you fool.

anidominus Wrote:Share the Good News of Jesus whenever you can.
Of which you know nothing.

anidominus Wrote:Everybody isn't going to have a special call on their life.
That's fer sure. Dodgy

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 2 users Like Kestrel's post
26-01-2014, 11:00 PM
(26-01-2014 05:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I gotta say anusdomius these two fit you to a T.

Anusdominicus.

Yes, I have nothing further to contribute. I just thought this sounded better.

Continue on without me gents...

Atir aissom atir imon
26-01-2014, 11:21 PM
(26-01-2014 04:15 PM)anidominus Wrote:  If its causing you to sin, guess what... wrong one.

Not possible if our very existence is a sin

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
27-01-2014, 03:58 PM
(24-01-2014 03:41 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  I'm not a Calvinist, but I'll ask, are you happier now that you're an atheist?

I don't know if "happier" is the right word. Things make more sense as an atheist. Things make no sense as a theist. If God wants me to believe in him (or her or it) is it too much to ask to get some kind of direct communication at least on occasion? All I can possibly know about God can only come from other people (who aren't even alive any more), never directly?

OK, so this God loves me enough to send his son to die for us, but can't tell us when and where the next major earthquake will strike?????????

And you want me to believe in this God and worship him?

You have got to be kidding me.

"If what you say is actually true, I would want to know it too. ... You can convince me, and if it is true I want you to convince me ... and I will thank you for convincing me."

AronRa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJHVB7pROE
9:18
27-01-2014, 04:07 PM
(26-01-2014 04:15 PM)anidominus Wrote:  The answer was in the book you claimed. Did you even bother reading it or was the answer too easy for you to accept?

What book are you talking about?

"If what you say is actually true, I would want to know it too. ... You can convince me, and if it is true I want you to convince me ... and I will thank you for convincing me."

AronRa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXJHVB7pROE
9:18
27-01-2014, 04:31 PM
(27-01-2014 03:58 PM)Question Everything Wrote:  I don't know if "happier" is the right word. Things make more sense as an atheist. Things make no sense as a theist. If God wants me to believe in him (or her or it) is it too much to ask to get some kind of direct communication at least on occasion? All I can possibly know about God can only come from other people (who aren't even alive any more), never directly?

A perfectly reasonable position.
Thanks for the answer. Thumbsup

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
27-01-2014, 04:34 PM
Quote:'anidominus' wrote
Share the Good News of Jesus whenever you can.

I do share the good news that Jesus was no god.
I do share the good news that much of the Bible is myth.
I do share the good news that many stories in the bible are immoral.
I do share the good news when I find fallacies & contradiction is the bible
I do share the good news of Jesus that he had some pretty poor family values

Quote:'anidominus' wrote
Love Life and live it to the fullest

I do Love Life and live it to the fullest when studying and practicing the best evidence based medicine.
I do Love Life and live it to the fullest when discovering and questioning the reality around us from science & philosophy
I do Love Life and live it to the fullest when compassionate and caring to others and live with humanistic values
I do Love Life and live it to the fullest when studying psychology, sociology and political sciences to discover the best evidence based approaches to social well being and using our resources to live life to the fullest expression of who we are.
I do Love Life and live it to the fullest when studying critical thinking skills, logic & reason to expose religious myths, frauds, woo woo & dismantling the harm from biblical literalists or religious fundamentalists who use religion to manipulate others. (this isn't restricted to religion per se but also irrational cults or dangerous political ideologies such as fascism which have religious elements to them)

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]