Refuting the Bible Answers (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2014, 01:44 PM
RE: Refuting the Bible Answers (Again)
I'm still waiting for an actual reply. You've cracked jokes. Called me stupid. Pointed out some grammar mistakes, and I assure you there are more. But no actual reply.

I think you guys are the bunch that use to be in the church who use to wear the fancy holier than thou hats. They would throw their hands in the air worship God and call every who even dare ask a question a heathen and throw them out the door.

It seems they have all become atheist but instead of praising God they praise their own none-existent intellect (lol) I'm not saying you're not smart, I'm just saying you're not as smart as you think you are. Then when people challenge your thoughts and do so successfully you fall back on calling people names. lol smh Poor atheist. I feel sorry for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes anidominus's post
21-01-2014, 02:04 PM
(21-01-2014 01:44 PM)anidominus Wrote:  I'm still waiting for an actual reply. You've cracked jokes. Called me stupid. Pointed out some grammar mistakes, and I assure you there are more. But no actual reply.

I think you guys are the bunch that use to be in the church who use to wear the fancy holier than thou hats. They would throw their hands in the air worship God and call every who even dare ask a question a heathen and throw them out the door.

It seems they have all become atheist but instead of praising God they praise their own none-existent intellect (lol) I'm not saying you're not smart, I'm just saying you're not as smart as you think you are. Then when people challenge your thoughts and do so successfully you fall back on calling people names. lol smh Poor atheist. I feel sorry for you.

You're not presenting a new argument to support your cause! There are plenty of threads in this forum and others in which your "evidence" has been discussed and dismissed. I don't understand some of you religious people! You come to an atheist forum and ramble some nonsense and get upset when we don't automatically take your word. It's your day though so if this how you want to spend it feel free.Drinking Beverage

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
21-01-2014, 02:18 PM
(21-01-2014 02:04 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 01:44 PM)anidominus Wrote:  I'm still waiting for an actual reply. You've cracked jokes. Called me stupid. Pointed out some grammar mistakes, and I assure you there are more. But no actual reply.

You're not presenting a new argument to support your cause! There are plenty of threads in this forum and others in which your "evidence" has been discussed and dismissed. I don't understand some of you religious people! You come to an atheist forum and ramble some nonsense and get upset when we don't automatically take your word. It's your day though so if this how you want to spend it feel free.Drinking Beverage

I was watching Fast and Furious Tokyo drift not too long ago. Toward the end of the movie the protagonist went to the Uncle of the Antagonist and offered his apologizes and a solution to the rivalry between the two men.

The protagonist suggested a race. The antagonist objected to this idea claiming he had already beat the protagonist and truth be told he had. The uncle rejected the Antagonist and said, "If you have already beaten him before, then you should have no problem beating him again." That's not a direct quote but that's essentially what he said.

The fact is, this is an atheist form. What in the hell are atheist going to talk about other than things related to atheism. You know as well as I know the same topics are going to come up over and over again. This is why I put (Again) in the title because I know this kind of thread has been done before.

But instead of actually replying to the thread you have taken the road of the Antagonist... the road of the coward because if you had done what you say has been done, then it should be no problem for you to do it again. This isn't my first time shooting down so called contradictions, but its my first time here.
21-01-2014, 02:19 PM
Too long didn't read. Although I will say I DID read the comments. I'm surprised no one has even tried to argue.
Sensing a trap, I'll have a go anyways:
I went back and skimmed up to Noah's ark. So you believe Noah's ark is in fact true? That's one hell of a feat.
I'm not even going to address the water problem, I just have few issues regarding space:
Now, according to the Bible the ark was 450x75x45ft. Now there are over one million species of animals that have been discovered today. This story took place less than 5000 years ago (as far I know), so all species must be accounted for. You also need to have supplies to feed all said species, and enough fresh water as well.
Now, how could Noah fit ALL those species in his boat, care for them, and have enough supplies to keep them alive (for a year?)?
Also, the Bible says he did this in day. That's over 11 pairs of animals second (using one ramp) and with only his family to help. How is this possible?
Also, how was each specie able to keep genetic diversity after the flood with only one mate? This would be like expecting two humans to repopulate the Earth. It would be impossible.

Atir aissom atir imon
21-01-2014, 02:26 PM
(21-01-2014 02:18 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 02:04 PM)Crulax Wrote:  You're not presenting a new argument to support your cause! There are plenty of threads in this forum and others in which your "evidence" has been discussed and dismissed. I don't understand some of you religious people! You come to an atheist forum and ramble some nonsense and get upset when we don't automatically take your word. It's your day though so if this how you want to spend it feel free.Drinking Beverage

I was watching Fast and Furious Tokyo drift not too long ago. Toward the end of the movie the protagonist went to the Uncle of the Antagonist and offered his apologizes and a solution to the rivalry between the two men.

The protagonist suggested a race. The antagonist objected to this idea claiming he had already beat the protagonist and truth be told he had. The uncle rejected the Antagonist and said, "If you have already beaten him before, then you should have no problem beating him again." That's not a direct quote but that's essentially what he said.

The fact is, this is an atheist form. What in the hell are atheist going to talk about other than things related to atheism. You know as well as I know the same topics are going to come up over and over again. This is why I put (Again) in the title because I know this kind of thread has been done before.

But instead of actually replying to the thread you have taken the road of the Antagonist... the road of the coward because if you had done what you say has been done, then it should be no problem for you to do it again. This isn't my first time shooting down so called contradictions, but its my first time here.

Laugh out load
"what else are we going to talk about except atheism"
Dude, atheism isn't a religion. It's more of a lifestyle. Maybe try browsing our forums and seeing that we talk just about anything.

Also Crulax is right. I only the issues with Noah's ark because I JUST finished debating it with FOUR other (and separate theists). Look at it from our point of view, we don't "live to disprove religion", we have lives and other shit to do. It gets old talking about the same shit day in and day out. Maybe try actually posting in threads in which you have a concern? Seems like you have plenty.

And no, I feel sorry for you.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
21-01-2014, 02:41 PM
(21-01-2014 02:18 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 02:04 PM)Crulax Wrote:  You're not presenting a new argument to support your cause! There are plenty of threads in this forum and others in which your "evidence" has been discussed and dismissed. I don't understand some of you religious people! You come to an atheist forum and ramble some nonsense and get upset when we don't automatically take your word. It's your day though so if this how you want to spend it feel free.Drinking Beverage

Dude, fucking spoiler alert next time!

We are a far more diverse group than you give us credit for with interests that range from history, science, gaming, movies, books and many other topics.

Coward no lazy yes! I am far to tired at the moment (battling the flu) to do your homework for you.

Responses in red!

[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
21-01-2014, 02:47 PM
(21-01-2014 01:44 PM)anidominus Wrote:  Poor atheist. I feel sorry for you.
Oh! You're gonna stick around a while.
Good.
How 'bout you hold on to that pity a bit longer?

I'll take my initial statement, and make it a question to you;

The bible is inspired for the believer only. It is not proof of anything. In fact it declares that our belief is so much foolishness to those who don't believe. Unless you dispute this, then why are you troubling these fine people?
(For the sake of being preemptive, my question is pertinent to your topic as everything you discuss is within the bible and encompasses all your points completely.)

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
21-01-2014, 03:26 PM
(20-01-2014 09:06 PM)anidominus Wrote:  The Biblical Account of Creation
A Young Earth
Genesis 1:16: The fault with your logic here is that you hold God to the physics he created. This is a mistake Atheist often make because by default they do not believe God exists. Therefore, they ignore his power when reading the bible which results in what Atheist see as contradictions when no such contradiction exits.

The Order of Creation
You could just as easily classify this as artistic license. The first chapter dealt with the actual creation of the planet. The 2nd chapter refocuses the reader and deals with the creation of man. The people who wrote the bible didn’t write it to impress your intellect or anyone else’s.

Other Issues in the Garden
Genesis 1:31 vs Genesis 6:5-6
God gave us the ability to make choices. Before a choice is made, there is nothing for God to know but he does know the outcome of every choice. How? Much like a programmer doesn’t know what buttons you’re going to push or when, it doesn’t matter, because the programmer already has programmed the response to whatever you do. Nor could you ever work outside the boundaries the programmer gives you.

Genesis 2:3
Resting from work and requiring rest is two different things.
The tree of Good and Evil being in the midst was no more a temptation than a child wearing a bikini on a beach is a temptation for you to have sex with them. Adam and Eve understood Gods one and only law so there was no excuse for them to eat it.

Also, if the fruit was tempting in of itself, then why did the serpent appear at all? It seems to me Eve had to be conned in to eating the fruit by the Serpent. In addition, God had told them don’t eat of the tree. What is he supposed to do, run to the garden every time they are about to eat of it? You want God to let you be a man but get upset when he lets you be a man.

Genesis 3:1
You weren’t there. Enough Said.

Noah’s Ark and the Great Flood

Genesis 7:6
Why is it that Steve Jobs gets all the credit for apple? What about all the other people who forked for him, why aren’t their names mentioned? That’s right! Its often times only the leader of a project gets the mention. Typically the regular workers do not. We no nothing about Noah’s workforce nor is it necessary to know anything about the workforce for the point of this story. This isn’t Hollywood.

Genesis 6:19
You assume way too much. You assume the animals did not hibernate. You assume the Earth’s climate was just as it is today. You assume the animals were not given the instinct to come to Noah.

Genesis 7:19-20
Again you’re assuming Everest existed during that time. How would you know what a Global flood looked like or its geological consequences if you never studied one before? You also assume all the water came from the sky from clouds.

Genesis 8:8
Do expect God to wipe Noah’s butt as well? God does as he pleases. Noah was smart enough to do this so God didn’t have to tell him anything.

Genesis 8:15-16
You’re assuming things again. BTW, where did all those dead bodies go that drowned in the flood?

Genesis 9:1
Yep, people didn’t believe there were as many galaxies as there are until they studied the sky more carefully, so you can believe or not believe whatever you want.

Genesis 9:20
Nobody said Noah was perfect. Lol
Note: There you go assuming again. Was it plagiarized or did those 8 people of “Middle Eastern decent” go forth throughout the world with the same similar story to tell about what happened to their ancestors. Think about it.

The Nativity Story

Who did the Angel Speak to Regarding the Birth of Jesus?
Both of them.

Was Mary A Virgin?
If she was a young woman of marriageable age, she was a virgin. In Mathew 1:20 Joseph was afraid to take Mary because she was pregnant and more likely than not showing. They had not married yet which means, according to what he knew before the Angel spoke to him, that Mary had committed an act of adultery which was punishable by death.

Did Mary Journey to Bethlehem?
Yes. Otherwise, Jesus could not have been born in Bethlehem. Why lie about where a guy was born? Does the book of Mathew have to mention it? Once again, this isn’t Hollywood. The baby inside of Mary was thought to belong to Joseph. Joseph was in David’s lineage and perhaps Mary wanted to make sure her husband was around when Jesus was born. Perhaps they had the discussion and Mary came anyway. We don’t know.

Was Jesus Born in a House or a Manger?
A manger.

Shepherds or Wiremen?
The shepherds were there shortly after Jesus was born. The wiremen came later which is why Herod wanted to kill all the boys around 2 years old and younger.

Did Mary and Joseph Flee to safety?
You missed the answer in your own questions. Luke focuses on Bethlehem whereas Mathew focused on Nazareth.

Note: yet, had you not told me that, I wouldn’t have known about any of them. What makes Jesus so different? Hmmm…. I wonder.

Other Conflicts within Scripture
No one knows the size of a cubit. So any questions here are irrelevant.

Solomon’s Sacrifice
He had 153,000 workers to help him.

Can Man Be Righteous?
Romans was written to a gentile audience so there may have been a different context. None of them were Righteous. They had no knowledge of the one true God. The others, except Noah and Possibly Job were not under the Law. Also faith in God can make one Righteous.

Who Has Seen God?
No one has seen God in all his Glory. Jacob saw “God” in an earthly form so it’s an issue of context.

Who is punished for Sins?
If a man is arrested an put in Jail for dog fighting, he is the only one who goes to jail, but his wife and kids still suffer some consequences for his actions.

Does God Anger Forever?
Repent and the anger goes away. Don’t repent and it won’t. Very simple.

Who Brought the Capernaum Centurion’s Request to Jesus?
The Elders were sent. If a servant is sent somewhere it can be written that the sender came in person. It just depends on the culture regarding how it’s written.\

[b]Where did Jesus Go After feeding the 5,000?[/b]
You assume he only did it once and the two books speak of the same event.

Where did the Devil Take Jesus?
Both books say the same place. They just don’t have them in the same order. The order isn’t important. Luke was written to a governor of Rome based on his own personal research so he may have just placed them in this order because of personal preference or this was the most common order he heard.

How Many Blind men did Jesus Heal on the Road from Jericho?
Really? Does this really matter? Two (or one) blind men/man receive sight and your question is whether it was two or one? So I guess you win this one. I have no idea nor does it matter to me.

Where did the Anointing of Jesus Take Place?
Why not ask how many times was he anointed? Must he just be anointed once? What if 3 different women got the same idea at different times?

Where Did Jesus Meet Simon, Peter, and Andrew?
The important thing here is that they met. The actual circumstance around the meeting doesn’t matter.

Did Jesus Allow His Disciples to Carry a Staff?
I don’t know and I don’t care. Luke's gospel was research, its possible he had conflicting information and wrote down what was the most likely.

Did the Fig Tree That Jesus Cursed Wither Immediately or Overnight?
Wow, I don’t think doctors pull this many teeth. The fig tree weathered at the command of “A Man” and your concern is overnight vs immediately?

Did Jesus Speak at His Hearing Before Pilate?
John gospel doesn’t even mention the chief priests so what’s the problem again?

What color Robe Was Jesus Given?
I’m trying my best to answer these but your questions get more boring by the minute. Little things like this really do not matter.

Who Carried Jesus’ Cross?
I guess John didn’t give a flying you know what who carried it and neither do it. ROTFL.

When was Jesus Crucified?
According to TNIV study notes John could have a copying error due to Greek Translation or there could be a difference between Roman time vs Jewish Time.

What Were the Centurion’s Words at the Cross?
I don’t think people were jotting this stuff down at that particular moment. I don’t think too many people would be trying to take accurate notes at their teachers death.

Where Was Jesus on the Sixth Hour of the Crucifixion?
Same as the other time difference.

What Were Jesus’ Last Words on the Cross?
Maybe he said all of them. LOL

How Long Did it Take for Jesus to Get to Heaven after the Crucifixion?
Since Jesus was “God the Son” and God is in paradise the statement is accurate. As Obi Won told Luke, it was true to a certain point a view, or something like that.

Who Were the First Visitors to Jesus’ Tomb?
Luke: On the way back from the tomb others may have joined them and people may assumed they were together.
John: Three other gospels agree she was there. So there is no problem here.
Matthew and Mark: could be they went on two separate or more occasions. If you come tell people a story that the tomb is empty chances are they are going to want to go and see for themselves and you may go with them. It was a very amazing time for them.

Was the Stone Rolled Away?
Both gospels refer to some kind of angel sitting there which probably means Mark didn’t bother saying anything about the earthquake because it was not important to him.

Who Did the Visitors Tell of Jesus’ Empty Tomb?
What’s the problem? None of these conflict. Mathew and Mark both mention them having fear. Luke did not mention the elders by name nor John. Mathew had Jesus telling them to go to the brothers. Now you’re starting to imagine conflicts.

How Did Judas Die?
People don’t just fall down and their intestines spill out. Judas hang himself and either he hanged in self in such a way his intestines falling out was possible or something super natural happened. In either case, both books agree he died.

Where Did Jesus’ Ascension Take Place?
Perhaps Mathew had no desire to talk about Jesus leaving. Perhaps he felt that ending his book with Jesus saying I will be with you always was more important.
Luke may have gotten conflicting reports of where they went or felt as if it really didn’t matter where they went. Maybe its in the same general area.
Mark may have just summarized it. I don’t know.
Nothing here is noteworthy.

Who is the Ruler of the Earth?
The earth has always belong to God.
Satan ruled it after the fall until the death and resurrection of Christ.
Now, Jesus is the ruler.

Is Jesus the Same As God?
Consider the context. Whenever Jesus speaks he is both God and Man therefore regardless of what context he uses he is always correct.

Is it Good or Bad to be Wealthy?
What’s the context of the rich man? A man who is right with God as in the book of Psalms is already, to a degree, going to enter the kingdom of God. However, the rich young ruler was not right with God. He worshiped money above all so the statement applies to people like him.

Is it OK to Judge?
Two different kinds of Judging. The other is legal Judging such as what we have with our legal system. The judging in Matthew is judging the relationship to God of someone.

How Old Was Jehoiachin When He Began to Reign in Jerusalem? And for How Long?
My Bible has 18 for both books. Apparently there was some debate regarding what age to use. Many older Hebrew texts use 8. Eighteen is now chosen presumable because Jehoiachin may have been appointed succeeding King at 8 years old to ward off any civil unrest in the family. There had been some rather quick leadership changes recently and Jehoiachin father may have been trying to ward that off.

How Old Was Ahaziah When He Began to Reign?
In both locations my bible says 22. Probably the same deal as before.

Who Did the Midianites Sell Joesph To?
Different words, basically the same people.

What Was the Population of Israel? And How Many Fighting Men Did They Have?
Even with all the technology we have today, we have never counted the number perfectly. We still don’t know how many people died in WWII or Vietnam. So why do we expect people 5000 years ago to report a number perfectly? Once count may have included groups that the other count did not.

Did Michal Have Children?
My bible says Merab for II Samuel 21:8

Who Has Ascended to Heaven?
Same English word, different words from which they were translated.

Who Killed Saul?
The Amakelite could have been lying, attempting to gain favor with David.

Is Incest Wrong?
Yes, there is more than enough people on the face of the other for that not to be an issue.

Who Were the Sons of Eliphaz?
Timna was the mother of Amalek. For whatever reason the Chronicler decided to promote her.

Honor Thy Parents?
Yes, but Jesus knew of his controversial nature so this is a warning. But you can still honor your parents and disagree with them on issues.

Does God Remember Sin?
Jeremiah is a prophetic book. He is speaking of the future. In addition forgetting in 10 years 100 years or 1000 years is still forgetting or not remembering. So there really isn’t a problem here.

Where Did Aaron Die?
The mountain mentioned is a specific place. Moserah was probably a nearby town.

Was Sisera Sleeping or Standing?
Really? He could not have been standing but if that peg in the head didn’t kill him instantly he probably showed some signs of life before finally dying. This isn’t a Hollywood script, not that their much better.

How Much Did Solomon Pay for His Property?
He paid 50 silver for the threshing floor and 600 gold shekels for the entire area.

Is Revenge Acceptable?
You’re looking at two different things. In the first God, the Judge, avenges the death of the righteous. In the second the enemy could be almost anyone, just someone you are having a civil quarrel.

Should You Answer a Fool?
They are both true. “Damn if you… damn if you don’t.”

Is There an Unforgivable Sin?
Moot Point. A person who embraces Christianity isn’t going to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

You can defiantly find contradictions when you don’t bother to do the research to learn about the bible itself. When I find these so called contradiction lists it’s all the same. Atheists claiming their on self-worth and righteousness not even bothering to try to understand what is written.

You’re so called logic and reason deceives you. I wonder how many people have spent countless hours researching your contradictions only for you to blow it off as naïve. Your excuses are gone. You will not find your answers in logic and reason you may only find it through faith. When you discover the faith, true logic and reason will soon follow and all these so called contradictions will do what they supposed to do. Cause you to want to study the bible that much more.

[Image: aeNOqwm_460s.jpg]
Do your homework and quit using Jesus as your answer!

[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
21-01-2014, 04:25 PM
(21-01-2014 02:19 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Too long didn't read. Although I will say I DID read the comments. I'm surprised no one has even tried to argue.
Sensing a trap, I'll have a go anyways:
I went back and skimmed up to Noah's ark. So you believe Noah's ark is in fact true? That's one hell of a feat.
I'm not even going to address the water problem, I just have few issues regarding space:
Now, according to the Bible the ark was 450x75x45ft. Now there are over one million species of animals that have been discovered today. This story took place less than 5000 years ago (as far I know), so all species must be accounted for. You also need to have supplies to feed all said species, and enough fresh water as well.
Now, how could Noah fit ALL those species in his boat, care for them, and have enough supplies to keep them alive (for a year?)?
Also, the Bible says he did this in day. That's over 11 pairs of animals second (using one ramp) and with only his family to help. How is this possible?
Also, how was each specie able to keep genetic diversity after the flood with only one mate? This would be like expecting two humans to repopulate the Earth. It would be impossible.

No one knows the size of a cubit so any information regarding size is only a guess and may accurately depict the actual size. I could have been bigger or even smaller. The animals taken aboard the ark did not have to be adult sized. Only land animals had to be on the Ark. Generic diversity may not have been an issue at that time due to the closeness to the creation and less corruption in the blood line.

What is and isn't possible is purely based on the science you know. Two Thousand years ago did anyone believe you could get a 2,000 object in the air and have it stay afloat?

Many other questions you asked you skimmed over the answer.
21-01-2014, 04:26 PM
(21-01-2014 02:26 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 02:18 PM)anidominus Wrote:  I was watching Fast and Furious Tokyo drift not too long ago. Toward the end of the movie the protagonist went to the Uncle of the Antagonist and offered his apologizes and a solution to the rivalry between the two men.

Laugh out load
"what else are we going to talk about except atheism"
Dude, atheism isn't a religion. It's more of a lifestyle. Maybe try browsing our forums and seeing that we talk just about anything.

Also Crulax is right. I only the issues with Noah's ark because I JUST finished debating it with FOUR other (and separate theists). Look at it from our point of view, we don't "live to disprove religion", we have lives and other shit to do. It gets old talking about the same shit day in and day out. Maybe try actually posting in threads in which you have a concern? Seems like you have plenty.

And no, I feel sorry for you.

If you don't want to debate a topic, don't troll in said topic only to call the poster an idiot or correct their grammar.