Refuting the Bible Answers (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2014, 06:37 PM
RE: Refuting the Bible Answers (Again)
(22-01-2014 04:21 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 03:42 PM)anidominus Wrote:  What exactly are you talking about? There was an entire section of the site pointing out all of the "contradictions" in the bible. I simply took that list and responded to each "contradiction" one by one. It was me answering questions your website posed.
The implied assertion that these things aren't actually contradictions is demonstrably unwarranted since you are incapable of resolving many of them by your own admittance.

Examples:

Where Did Jesus Meet Simon, Peter, and Andrew?
The important thing here is that they met. The actual circumstance around the meeting doesn’t matter.

Did Jesus Allow His Disciples to Carry a Staff?
I don’t know and I don’t care. Luke's gospel was research, its possible he had conflicting information and wrote down what was the most likely.

Did the Fig Tree That Jesus Cursed Wither Immediately or Overnight?
Wow, I don’t think doctors pull this many teeth. The fig tree weathered at the command of “A Man” and your concern is overnight vs immediately?

What color Robe Was Jesus Given?
I’m trying my best to answer these but your questions get more boring by the minute. Little things like this really do not matter.

Who Carried Jesus’ Cross?
I guess John didn’t give a flying you know what who carried it and neither do it. ROTFL.

What Were Jesus’ Last Words on the Cross?
Maybe he said all of them. LOL

How Did Judas Die?
People don’t just fall down and their intestines spill out. Judas hang himself and either he hanged in self in such a way his intestines falling out was possible or something super natural happened. In either case, both books agree he died.

And so on and so forth.

If you could be so kind as to offer us something other than your unsubstantiated and subjective interpretation of the Biblical accounts, that would be great.

And every last one of those dealt with history. If scientist have to have every source for a matter of history say the same exact thing before its accepted then you might as well throw away your history book.

In addition, if any witness in a court of law "contradicts" another in anyway, regardless if the main point of the evidence is agreed upon then we must ignore all the witnesses. yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2014, 06:39 PM
(22-01-2014 04:58 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
anidominus Wrote:The question can not be answered with a straight yes or no answer because there are context to consider.
You're an equivocating buffoon.
You need to allude to some sort of context based position, because to do otherwise, takes you out of it.

anidominus Wrote:... we did create the bible and what is now called the New Testament is refereed to as scripture an inspired work of God.
You're an egomaniac. "we" LMAO.
You're a real Pharisee in training, slick.

It says, "ALL scripture.

anidominus Wrote:...Now, just because scripture is inspired by God does not mean everything in it is true or should be followed.
Spoken like a true Sadducee.

So who is to be the arbiter of what is true and should be followed? You? Your Pharisee teachers? Your gerbil?

anidominus Wrote:Scripture is for the men of God. Men of God study scripture and follow its teachings to better himself.
It's "man" of God, you toothless viper.
Besides, what do you know about bettering yourself? Is the result thus far, what we have all been privileged to witness from you, to date?
What could you have possibly been like before you became a Pharisee? Ya must have been a real gem. Rolleyes

anidominus Wrote:... from a guy who's name I forgot, ...
...In one of the books of the bible I think its in I John...
"You think.."? When exactly does that kick in?
Clearly it's safe to say you're not yet scholarly material.

anidominus Wrote:However, when men have made it in their heart to be against God like so many on these forums and you don't read scripture to find out about God but instead read it to find fault, you will be utterly confused and its meaning will be "hidden" or not known to you.
You are a prime example. All you've "found out" is how to make yourself feel important in an indifferent world and claim support from a god you find convenient.

You believe in a god who created the universe and all we see, and who dwell in it, but somehow, this "god" just can't keep a book intact without your self-endowed insight and ability to discern truth.

So has it ever been with the religious.
Nothing new here. Certainly nothing original. Drinking Beverage

ROTFL
22-01-2014, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 06:59 PM by anidominus.)
(22-01-2014 05:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 04:58 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  You're an equivocating buffoon.
You need to allude to some sort of context based position, because to do otherwise, takes you out of it.

You're an egomaniac. "we" LMAO.
You're a real Pharisee in training, slick.

It says, "ALL scripture.

Spoken like a true Sadducee.

So who is to be the arbiter of what is true and should be followed? You? Your Pharisee teachers? Your gerbil?

It's "man" of God, you toothless viper.
Besides, what do you know about bettering yourself? Is the result thus far, what we have all been privileged to witness from you, to date?
What could you have possibly been like before you became a Pharisee? Ya must have been a real gem. Rolleyes

"You think.."? When exactly does that kick in?
Clearly it's safe to say you're not yet scholarly material.

You are a prime example. All you've "found out" is how to make yourself feel important in an indifferent world and claim support from a god you find convenient.

You believe in a god who created the universe and all we see, and who dwell in it, but somehow, this "god" just can't keep a book intact without your self-endowed insight and ability to discern truth.

So has it ever been with the religious.
Nothing new here. Certainly nothing original. Drinking Beverage

As someone who claims to be theist, I would certainly like to see your rationale for your belief. You attack like an atheist, and was perhaps, appropriately vague when I asked for your perspective and justification in the "3 questions for atheists" thread.

If you have a link outlining your perspective that will do just fine.

I replied to this in error. Ignore.
22-01-2014, 06:42 PM
(22-01-2014 05:28 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  A few days ago a jaxx asked me to explain my beliefs.
I'll use this thread to answer.

jaxx,
I believe in a risen and living Christ.
I believe that the bible is the inspired word of God and use it in conjunction with my life experiences in order to grow in my belief.

I find no biblical position of an eternal punishment for anyone.

I do not believe in free will as the term is commonly bandied about.

I reject that the God I believe in, created man to simply be worshipped by man.

I believe that Gods ways are not mans ways and must defer to that.

I do not believe nor could I, given my previous statement, that I am to defend God.

I do not believe that I am to help God do anything.

I believe that faith is not a choice as I certainly didn't ask for it.

I believe that I am correct in using the bible as my source of information for the following primary reasons.
(All of which, I realized after the fact.)
1:The bible declares that faith is not a choice. A declaration that my own experience validates.
2:Understanding, while encouraged by scripture, is not a requirement in order to become a believer. ( To me, this is no small thing.)
3: No eternal punishment or destruction for any person.
4: The extraordinary claim that the bible makes in claiming the author. Being God himself.
5: While scripture certainly references believers as a group, it speaks to the individual believer.

As I have never met the man, I do not claim the very creepy position of having a personal relationship with Jesus.

I have never heard "voices" nor had feelings that were not my own.

I am nondenominational.
Many of my fellow believers have referred to me as a cultist. Not a very good one it seems, since it more and more appears that I am a cult of one. Although I don't truly believe that I am the only one who believes in the fashion that I do.

The nonbeliever is not my opposite.
The ego based believer, is.

Results of my belief toward others are:
No "spiritual" judgements toward those who do not believe.

Abundance of spiritual judgement towards who claim christianity as their understanding.

My belief costs no one a thing. Not monetarily, politically, emotionally, physically.

My belief is not dependent upon the approval or disapproval of another human being.

----------------------------------------------
anidominus, I don't give a damn if you agree with anything I have to say.
But I will tell you this;
Regardless of one's beliefs, one will stagnate if they spend more energy arguing what they think they are right about, than looking for what they are wrong about.

I hold no hope that this has any real meaning for you at this time.
In the future perhaps.

You didn't create this thread to dispute the bible. You did it because your ego drove you to it.
Nothing to do with God. It's all about you. And that makes it worthless.

I couldn't care less.
22-01-2014, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 07:00 PM by anidominus.)
(22-01-2014 05:29 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 05:06 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  If you have a link outlining your perspective that will do just fine.
good timing.

wrong reply
22-01-2014, 06:47 PM
(22-01-2014 03:42 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 02:38 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  The implication of my post is that you should maybe break your ideas down, so that we may tackle them one at a time as opposed to writing your memoirs. That way myself and many others will feel more inclined to help you out by sharing our perspective and responding to your points.

Look at it from our point of view. You've joined an atheist forum (you've come to us, not us to you) posted a gattling gun diatribe of old debunked assertions all at once in the usual 'checkmate atheists' fashion, it's old and rude. Then you demand we communicate in the same incoherent way.

Like I said, I am very tolerant of people, I often like to give people a chance to chill out a bit and see if there's any merit in their position so instead of informing me I don't know how to use a forum, you'd do well to check your own communication skills and review your manners. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone Big Grin

What exactly are you talking about? There was an entire section of the site pointing out all of the "contradictions" in the bible. I simply took that list and responded to each "contradiction" one by one. It was me answering questions your website posed.

They are there for reference. Your post would have been a lot nicer with a better tone and if you had stuck to the ones you had answers for. ... Anyhoo, that's by the by, ... You're obviously a puffed up, ego inflated obnoxious fucking helmet, so I have only one question to get the ball rolling. Do you know what it means to be patronised sunshine?

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
22-01-2014, 06:55 PM
(22-01-2014 06:47 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 03:42 PM)anidominus Wrote:  What exactly are you talking about? There was an entire section of the site pointing out all of the "contradictions" in the bible. I simply took that list and responded to each "contradiction" one by one. It was me answering questions your website posed.

They are there for reference. Your post would have been a lot nicer with a better tone and if you had stuck to the ones you had answers for. ... Anyhoo, that's by the by, ... You're obviously a puffed up, ego inflated obnoxious fucking helmet, so I have only one question to get the ball rolling. Do you know what it means to be patronised sunshine?

LOL, you people are amazing.
22-01-2014, 06:59 PM
(22-01-2014 06:55 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 06:47 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  They are there for reference. Your post would have been a lot nicer with a better tone and if you had stuck to the ones you had answers for. ... Anyhoo, that's by the by, ... You're obviously a puffed up, ego inflated obnoxious fucking helmet, so I have only one question to get the ball rolling. Do you know what it means to be patronised sunshine?

LOL, you people are amazing.

Lol. Indeed... obviously not ... Do you understand ironic replies?

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
22-01-2014, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2014 07:36 PM by Crulax.)
(22-01-2014 06:44 PM)anidominus Wrote:  
(22-01-2014 05:29 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  good timing.

If you want my outline... read the bible.

The funny part about this is that I can pretty much guarantee most of have and know more about it than you.

If you want to live your life believing in a mystical sky daddy that knocked some bitch up in the middle east 2000 years ago I have no problem with that. I do have a problem when you try to use your religion as a moral authority in denying people basic rights or try and pass it of as pseudo science in schools barring children a real education.

You can say you pity us atheist all you want; we don't give a rats ass about your pity!

We can sit here for days on end and provide you with mountains of information and you will sit there and point at your book telling us we're wrong.

So why don't you fuck off and leave us "godless heathens" alone!

Peace out bitch!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 4 users Like Crulax's post
22-01-2014, 07:56 PM
(22-01-2014 05:28 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  I believe in a risen and living Christ.
If find it intriguing that you're particularly scathing of people based on their beliefs systems, yet hold some fairly contentious views and come to an atheists forum to do so. Personally I have no issue with believing that Jesus Christ was a man, unlike some, but what makes you believe that he rose for example.

Quote:I believe that the bible is the inspired word of God and use it in conjunction with my life experiences in order to grow in my belief.
Do you believe in inerrancy, and how do you account that the bible was written many years after Jesus died? Do you think human fallibility of whoever wrote Mark, Matthew Luke and John plays a part in the inspired word of god?

Quote:I find no biblical position of an eternal punishment for anyone.

I do not believe in free will as the term is commonly bandied about.
You would need to be a little bit more specific. If you're promoting a non-deterministic view, so man still has 'free will' but by a different concept then I'd be interested to hear it.

Quote:I reject that the God I believe in, created man to simply be worshipped by man.

You reject the god that you believe in? You're an ignostic then, and if so, how does your belief in the bible align with this?

Quote:I believe that faith is not a choice as I certainly didn't ask for it.

SO how does this align with your free-will position?

Quote:I believe that I am correct in using the bible as my source of information for the following primary reasons.
(All of which, I realized after the fact.)
1:The bible declares that faith is not a choice. A declaration that my own experience validates.

So if it's not a choice, there is a sense of fatalism towards who has faith? As someone declares something which aligns with your experience how does this transcend to a word of god. You could read many prophet-like authors for the same result. This does not validate all their claims.

Quote:2:Understanding, while encouraged by scripture, is not a requirement in order to become a believer. ( To me, this is no small thing.)
What is then? The person's pre-determined faith?

Quote:3: No eternal punishment or destruction for any person.
Is this too convenient to help rationalise your perspective? And why do you think so? Why not eternal punishment for everyone?

Quote:4: The extraordinary claim that the bible makes in claiming the author. Being God himself.

I claim that god is writing this sentence, it doesn't make it so.

Quote:5: While scripture certainly references believers as a group, it speaks to the individual believer.

As I have never met the man, I do not claim the very creepy position of having a personal relationship with Jesus.

I have never heard "voices" nor had feelings that were not my own.

I am nondenominational.
Many of my fellow believers have referred to me as a cultist. Not a very good one it seems, since it more and more appears that I am a cult of one. Although I don't truly believe that I am the only one who believes in the fashion that I do.

The nonbeliever is not my opposite.
The ego based believer, is.

Results of my belief toward others are:
No "spiritual" judgements toward those who do not believe.

Abundance of spiritual judgement towards who claim christianity as their understanding.

My belief costs no one a thing. Not monetarily, politically, emotionally, physically.

My belief is not dependent upon the approval or disapproval of another human being.

Good to hear what you believe. I'm so bored of people feeling that don't have to rationalise what they believe, as if they're somehow absolved from it despite still playing the game. Everyone must learn to justify their position.
[+] 1 user Likes Brownshirt's post