Refuting the Bible Answers (Again)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2014, 02:29 PM
RE: Refuting the Bible Answers (Again)
(24-01-2014 01:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  They can be agreeable because they have given up all responsibility for their beliefs.
This is true to a much broader spectrum than just Calvinists.

Yet because I believe I am not responsible for my belief, I am responsible to that belief.

Chas Wrote:They don't have to think about them, or argue about them. Que sera, sera. Drinking Beverage
Yet the last few pages I have given a general outline toward why I feel I believe, how it relates to the nonbeliever, correlations to observations of what can be seen in the world we share, etc.

Certainly no one need agree on any of the points of my stated position.
But in that light, what I have quoted above is...

...thoughtless. Drinking Beverage

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2014, 03:40 PM
(24-01-2014 02:13 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 12:25 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Then what would be your "view" of the non-believer?
I have absolutely nothing against those who don't believe. My declared position is that believing isn't a choice. As I like to feel I'm a reasonable person, or at least strive to be, I'd be unreasonable to feel anything else.

Besides, it's also my belief that after the resurrection the current people who don't believe now will be in a far better position than most of those who currently are believers.

Because God likes rational people? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2014, 03:41 PM
(24-01-2014 11:46 AM)Question Everything Wrote:  I have a question for all Calvinists. I was brought up a devout Bible believing Charismatic christian. (AOG would describe me well, even though I never was an official member of an Assemblies church, the churches I was a member of believed and worshipped in exactly the same way that AOG did.) I wanted to love and serve God all my life, and I begged him again and again to please tell me what he wanted me to do with my life, but never got an answer. I then decided to investigate just how it is that God communicates with humans (an audible voice? pen on paper without a human touching the pen? skywriting?), and after many years of praying, seeking and searching finally just gave it all up and became an atheist.

My question to you is how you can consider a god that treats me with such unfair and calloused disregard and disrespect to be worthy of your worship?

I'm not a Calvinist, but I'll ask, are you happier now that you're an atheist?

24-01-2014, 03:43 PM
(24-01-2014 02:29 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 01:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  They can be agreeable because they have given up all responsibility for their beliefs.
This is true to a much broader spectrum than just Calvinists.

Yet because I believe I am not responsible for my belief, I am responsible to that belief.

Chas Wrote:They don't have to think about them, or argue about them. Que sera, sera. Drinking Beverage
Yet the last few pages I have given a general outline toward why I feel I believe, how it relates to the nonbeliever, correlations to observations of what can be seen in the world we share, etc.

Certainly no one need agree on any of the points of my stated position.
But in that light, what I have quoted above is...

...thoughtless. Drinking Beverage

No, the words were thoughtfully chosen. You chose to respond to the questions, to participate in the discussion. You didn't have to.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2014, 03:45 PM
(24-01-2014 03:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because God likes rational people? Consider
I can't say for sure, but I believe so. Cool

24-01-2014, 04:09 PM
(24-01-2014 03:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, the words were thoughtfully chosen. You chose to respond to the questions, to participate in the discussion. You didn't have to.
lol Okay. Since I was quoted by you, in the reply in question;

I'll extend the benefit of the doubt.
Rescind, thoughtless.
Replace with unobservant.

But that's it. I have the will to do no more. Wink

24-01-2014, 04:34 PM
(20-01-2014 09:06 PM)anidominus Wrote:  You’re so called logic and reason deceives you. I wonder how many people have spent countless hours researching your contradictions only for you to blow it off as naïve. Your excuses are gone. You will not find your answers in logic and reason you may only find it through faith. When you discover the faith, true logic and reason will soon follow and all these so called contradictions will do what they supposed to do. Cause you to want to study the bible that much more.

shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-01-2014, 04:56 PM
(24-01-2014 04:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-01-2014 09:06 PM)anidominus Wrote:  You’re so called logic and reason deceives you. I wonder how many people have spent countless hours researching your contradictions only for you to blow it off as naïve. Your excuses are gone. You will not find your answers in logic and reason you may only find it through faith. When you discover the faith, true logic and reason will soon follow and all these so called contradictions will do what they supposed to do. Cause you to want to study the bible that much more.

shoo fly!

Chase

Atir aissom atir imon
24-01-2014, 04:59 PM
(24-01-2014 04:56 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 04:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  shoo fly!

Chase

More like:

[Image: C7D7CE04-6628-40CF-B3E5-CAD64A9356A3-777...560D42.jpg]

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-01-2014, 05:23 PM
(24-01-2014 04:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(24-01-2014 04:56 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Chase

More like: